Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 29, 2009 at 1:33 AM Post #556 of 6,947
Street Fighter IV (PC): 10/10
I suck so bad though, even with my arcade stick I got like 1 in 20.
I'm trying to play as Gouken but losing hope, kinda lame fighting Sagat, Ken, Ryu and Akuma 99% of the time..

Jul 29, 2009 at 3:23 AM Post #557 of 6,947
seems to be some score bloat going on here but I guess I can´t help with that.

Tiger woods PGA tour 10 Wii. 10/10. It´s just like the real deal Finally 1:1. 27 courses! tons of play modes incl frisbee golf. Graphics aren´t bad for a wii and it´s sufficient.

Grand Slam tennis Wii 10/10... Again it´s real tennis! Not as generous in play modes as in PGA 10 but it´s tennis.

Killzone 2 5/10.... No graphics and sound alone doesn´t make a game. Incredible linear and no real story to drive it. weapons you have used 100 times before and just so generic. Plus it´s a console fps so controls are far from perfect.

Mirrors edge 9/10. A bit short the only minus really... Amazing visuals, sound, a heroine that has realistic body proportions and brain and gets your heart pumping. No stupid marine or double E broad. The shooting is deliberately crappy. Only game where I preferr it like this
smily_headphones1.gif

The Witcher I am not trough with just saying it´s an rpg involving some hack and slash. Well worth it but at one point it just got so ridiculous much to do I put it away for a while. And I have hard time going back when I do that.

Jul 29, 2009 at 4:12 AM Post #558 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Killzone 2 5/10.... No graphics and sound alone doesn´t make a game. Incredible linear and no real story to drive it. weapons you have used 100 times before and just so generic. Plus it´s a console fps so controls are far from perfect.

The success of games like these is proof that console gamers have no standards.

Jul 30, 2009 at 1:44 AM Post #560 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The success of games like these is proof that console gamers have no standards.

Yes, because your opinion is that it is bad it must clearly be a fact.

Jul 30, 2009 at 3:43 AM Post #561 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by Suntory_Times /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Yes, because your opinion is that it is bad it must clearly be a fact.

To avoid this type of thing, I probably should have said "my opinion is that the success of games like these is proof that console gamers have no standard" but then it would have lost much of its impact.

Jul 30, 2009 at 4:28 PM Post #562 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by oqvist /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Mirrors edge 9/10. A bit short the only minus really... Amazing visuals, sound, a heroine that has realistic body proportions and brain and gets your heart pumping. No stupid marine or double E broad. The shooting is deliberately crappy. Only game where I preferr it like this
smily_headphones1.gif

Those Mirror's Edge Time Trials looked far too frustrating for me, where any slight deviation killed your chance for decent rating. It's an interesting game though, as it's hard to pin down to a particular genre.

Jul 30, 2009 at 5:48 PM Post #563 of 6,947
Mass Effect (Xbox 360) - 9.5/10
I haven't been this immersed in a game since I played through Fallout 3, and it was a far more emotional experience at that. I deducted points for the load times (elevator ride, anyone?) and homogeneous side quests/planets. I really can't wait for the sequel.

Left 4 Dead (PC) - 9.3/10
I am seriously addicted to this game - I consider it my first 'next generation' multiplayer experience and it confers real intensity without resorting to cheap gimmicks (cough cough Doom 3). Expert campaign is pleasantly challenging, Versus is a good time as long as the teams are evenly matched, and Survival is great for a quick dose. Points deducted because 4 campaigns isn't enough content.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:07 PM Post #564 of 6,947
King of Fighters XII - 4/10*

A big asterisk on this one. SNK has produced a gorgeous 2D fighter with a great engine and incredibly fluid controls. IMO, this has the potential to be BETTER than SFIV...

BUT! Online netcoding is fully broken and unplayable and, other than Vs., there is no incentive to play offline due to horrible CPU AI.

If (and hopefully when) this gets fixed, Expect a far more positive review. In the meantime, anyone considering purchasing this PLEASE DO NOT. This is a broken game as-is.

Jul 30, 2009 at 6:42 PM Post #565 of 6,947
Prototype - A preliminary 8/10

Preliminary meaning I haven't played the game fully through yet. So far, it's great fun with a ridiculous amount of gore and a liberating amount of power in the main character. Like "Hulk - Ultimate Destruction" and "Dead Space" fused together.

Weaknesses are underwhelming graphics (360 version anyway) and limited side quests. I could see the game getting repetitive but it is definitely worth a play through.

Aug 5, 2009 at 7:18 PM Post #567 of 6,947
Quote:

Originally Posted by GlendaleViper /img/forum/go_quote.gif
King of Fighters XII - 4/10*

A big asterisk on this one. SNK has produced a gorgeous 2D fighter with a great engine and incredibly fluid controls. IMO, this has the potential to be BETTER than SFIV...

BUT! Online netcoding is fully broken and unplayable and, other than Vs., there is no incentive to play offline due to horrible CPU AI.

If (and hopefully when) this gets fixed, Expect a far more positive review. In the meantime, anyone considering purchasing this PLEASE DO NOT. This is a broken game as-is.

Sounds like you need to play Blazblue - gorgeous 2d fighter

BlazBlue: Calamity Trigger Video Game, Review | Game Trailers & Videos | GameTrailers.com

Aug 6, 2009 at 7:43 AM Post #568 of 6,947
Call of Duty 4: This has to be the best looking game I've ever played.

Aug 6, 2009 at 4:39 PM Post #570 of 6,947
Fallout 3 - 10/10. I'm not going to lie, this game is depressing, especially at high difficulties. It really puts you into the setting in the fact that you can't find money, ammo, medicine etc unless you really go scrounging, and in the beginning, the badies really kick your ass. This is the first game in a while that affected me like this. Putting the game on a lower difficulty, however, snapped me out of it really quick.

I like the fact that the things you do have real consequences (i.e. just being a good guy gets you jumped by a group of thugs, or somebody might get murdered just because of what you said), and that walking around the Wasteland can actually make you feel endangered.

Though there's some things that annoy me (you can't sleep in an owned bed!11) that carried over from Oblivion, I'm still giving this high marks because it evoked an emotional response from me that really made me uneasy.

Yeah, I know I'm playing this late, but this is the first xbox 360 game I've bought in a year and a half or so.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back