Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jul 21, 2009 at 11:44 PM Post #526 of 6,937
Star Wars Republic Commando - 8/10

The good -
Lots of fun, very well designed, good voice acting, and friendly units that actually work well together and follow instructions properly. The UI for giving orders is very effective, overly simplified yes, but it works and sets the game apart from the other lone wolf FPS feel. Authentic star wars experience. Some of the enemy units are tough and need some level of planning to take out.

The bad - Too short. Gets over abruptly with hardly anything for an epic finale, all of sudden credits start rolling. Limited enemy types, you see the same dudes over and over again, with various combinations of units to modify difficulty settings. After a while seeing Super Battle droids can get annoying, and you start going "ah more of these dudes again???? cmon!!!!"

But definitely worth playing, and its on Steam now so its easy to get hold of, runs super smooth on older machines as well (I played it on my laptop).

Jul 22, 2009 at 12:56 AM Post #529 of 6,937
Fight Night Round 4 9/10. I just wish I could get champion at the maize bag...

Jul 22, 2009 at 4:07 AM Post #530 of 6,937
resident evil 4 - 9/10

I never really bothered with survival horror because i thought it was too scary.

One of the best games out there for survival horror. Check it out if you like that kind of stuff. If you don't like zombies and such, check it out anyway, you'll love it. You'll fall in love with the survival horror after playing this. Plenty of gameplay in campaign. Its a 20+ hour adventure. With unlockables after you beat the game. After beating the game, you will unlock a little minigame and also two new side missions. You'll want to play it more than once too.

Definitely a must buy, especially if your into the whole survival horror kind of games.

Jul 22, 2009 at 9:21 AM Post #532 of 6,937
Prototype - 8/10

Good old fashioned mindless fun. Story is pretty meh, graphics are kinda average in some places, but its so much fun that I don't care.

Jul 22, 2009 at 2:06 PM Post #533 of 6,937
Still playing WC3 Dota. Lately I have been really enjoying the OMG maps as all of the abilities are random or drafted. 9/10

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:02 AM Post #535 of 6,937
Jade Empire on PC. 9/10. More goodness from Bioware. Solid story. Graphics look good.

Problems: too easy and too short. I had fun with it overall, but it wasn't as good as KOTOR or Mass Effect.

Jul 23, 2009 at 2:46 AM Post #536 of 6,937
Cod: world at war. 9.5/10

addicted to online multiplayer. Play all the time. Can't wait for modern warfare 2

Jul 23, 2009 at 6:42 AM Post #537 of 6,937
GTA IV - 8/10. Stripped out too much of what made III great, and some of the gameplay is screwed up because of the engine (cover system is annoying). I'd also really prefer to be able to put my own songs on the radio on PS3 -- you can freaking do that on the PC, why not on PS3!?!?

Fallout 3 - 5/10. I'm really enjoying this game, but it's an embarassment for Bethesda compared to what they're following up in FO1 and 2. It basically takes a **** all over the plots of the first 2 games. If it wasn't called Fallout I'd probably give it an 8 or a 9.

Jul 23, 2009 at 9:26 PM Post #538 of 6,937
Street Fighter IV on PC 10/10. Just a solid fun game with lots of depth. Online play is a blast.

Jul 24, 2009 at 3:27 AM Post #539 of 6,937
Quote:

Originally Posted by Leto Atreides II /img/forum/go_quote.gif
...I'd also really prefer to be able to put my own songs on the radio on PS3 -- you can freaking do that on the PC, why not on PS3!?!?

coz ps3 iz for n00bs

Jul 24, 2009 at 5:43 PM Post #540 of 6,937
TF2 - 9.6/10. Graphics aren't that great, but everything else is perfect. I like 0-grav 2Fort matches the best ^^

COD WaW - 7.6/10. Graphics are good, the storyline is good, but WW2 is played out. I don't like the way Treyarch stitched everything together, and the scenes are usually way too dark... Like even more than needed to set the mood. The weapons aren't that fun to use either, with the exception of that level with the mortars.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back