Rate the video games you're currently playing
Dec 27, 2008 at 6:04 AM Post #316 of 6,929
Valkyria Chronicles: fun strategy RPG game that'll make you pull your hair on occasion.

If you like Front Mission or Final Fantasy Tactics give this game a try.

Jan 7, 2009 at 1:00 PM Post #320 of 6,929
I just got Left4Dead and Gears of War 2, and I love them both! The graphics in GOW2 blow me away.. L4D isn't too shabby looking either.

I also just got Warcraft III (oldie but goodie!), and I've been playing that more than any of the modern games I have. I love playing multiplayer over the LAN...

Jan 7, 2009 at 7:05 PM Post #322 of 6,929
fallout 3 10/10
star wars force unleashed 9/10
left 4 dead 8/10

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:22 AM Post #323 of 6,929
Mirrors Edge: Beat it 2 weeks ago: 8/10. Awesome game.

GTAIV: NOT A FANTASY GAME: 10/10. Incredible. Jaw dropping.

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:23 AM Post #324 of 6,929

Jan 8, 2009 at 5:30 AM Post #325 of 6,929

Jan 8, 2009 at 6:09 PM Post #326 of 6,929
Team Fortress 2: 9/10 awesome fun, especially if you get into a good team that works together
Left4Dead: 8/10 you go around shooting zombies.. what more does one need
biggrin.gif
a bit short but much multiplayer fun

Jan 8, 2009 at 8:02 PM Post #327 of 6,929
PC Games:

GTAIV: 95% (my game of the year)

Fallout 3: 74% (started strong, now I'm bored and tired of repairing gear all the time, animations and dialogue make the game seem completely lifeless, lots of bugs)

Left4Dead: 87% (solid game with great performance, need to find some friends to play it with)

Dead Space: 84% (excellent sound with 5.1, broken mouse input, otherwise it seems very good but the mouse drives me crazy.. I need to try it again with a 360 controller)

Far Cry 2: 90% (great graphics and good depth to the gameplay, very immersive)

Prince of Persia: 80% (unique art style, seemingly decent story, bad choice of voice actor for the prince.. I stopped playing it after I finished the first level and they wanted me to run back through it to collect orbs, no thanks)

Jan 8, 2009 at 10:40 PM Post #328 of 6,929
Star Wars: The Force Unleashed (PS3) 3/5 - Great concept, poor execution. When it works, its great fun, but poor camera, bad platforming parts, broken targeting system and the star destroyer mini game really bring it down.

Valkyria Chronicles (PS3) 4/5 - Fun SRPG for fans of tactics game. Enjoyed the story, the gameplay and the art direction. Difficulty can be uneven at times, and it results a bit of frustration sometimes.

Ar Tonelico (PS2) 4/5 - Fun little RPG in the Japanese style. Old school rpg mechanics, interesting story and worthwhile crafting are strengths. Story a bit cliched (no surprise) and a sometimes juvenile sense of humor to a fault are drawbacks. Worth playing for fans of the genre.

Left 4 Dead (PC) Multiplayer 4/5, Single player 2/5 - Have spent alot of time with this one, and I'm not a particularly big fan of FPSers in general, but as a multiplayer game with friends, this one is hard to beat. Shows that there really should be more co-op games on the PC. Downside is, games with strangers can devolve into a chore quickly. Single player game is really non existent. Would have liked to see more weapons, a more cohesive story, and a half way decent ending to the game though.

Jan 8, 2009 at 11:57 PM Post #329 of 6,929
Quote:

Originally Posted by Zodduska /img/forum/go_quote.gif
PC Games:

GTAIV: 95% (my game of the year)

Fallout 3: 74% (started strong, now I'm bored and tired of repairing gear all the time, animations and dialogue make the game seem completely lifeless, lots of bugs)

Left4Dead: 87% (solid game with great performance, need to find some friends to play it with)

Dead Space: 84% (excellent sound with 5.1, broken mouse input, otherwise it seems very good but the mouse drives me crazy.. I need to try it again with a 360 controller)

Far Cry 2: 90% (great graphics and good depth to the gameplay, very immersive)

Prince of Persia: 80% (unique art style, seemingly decent story, bad choice of voice actor for the prince.. I stopped playing it after I finished the first level and they wanted me to run back through it to collect orbs, no thanks)

Do you consider all those games fantasy games? Especially GTAIV?

Jan 9, 2009 at 1:28 AM Post #330 of 6,929
Mostly been playing Fallout 3. I didnt really like it at first but kept playing and now I really enjoy it. Its not perfect, and IMO doesnt really do any justice to the original Fallout games, but its still a fun post nuclear action rpg on its own.

Was also playing Dead Space but I got to this one really hard part and keep dying so I kina lost interest. Hopefully I'll fire it up again and get past it because its a pretty cool game.

Users who are viewing this thread

• Back