Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 9, 2009 at 7:02 PM Post #335 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by cash68 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Do you consider all those games fantasy games? Especially GTAIV?

Hmmm, the fantasy genre to me conjures images of elves and magic, so not really what GTA is about, not in that sense.

Prince of Persia is the closest to traditional fantasy.

I would consider GTAIV a crime drama laced with dark humor and satire.

Fallout 3 is science fiction.

Left4Dead is survival horror adventure co-op.

Dead Space survival horror sci-fi thriller, reminds me a bit of Event Horizon.

Far Cry 2 is hard to classify, its fairly gritty and realistic.

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:19 PM Post #336 of 6,943
I agree with you. However, there are some people on this forum that classify all videogames as fantasy, because they aren't realistic. Isn't that a stupid viewpoint?

Jan 9, 2009 at 11:26 PM Post #337 of 6,943
Fallout 3 - 9/10

I love this game as much as I loved Oblivion. However, it is a lot shorter than the Oblivion which is the only thing that disappoints me.

Left 4 Dead - 8/10

Excellent multiplayer game. It won't stop me from playing COD but it has it's appeals.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:24 AM Post #338 of 6,943
MGS 4: 9.0/10

Just awesome. I cried manly tears toward the end.

Assassin's Creed: 7.0/10

Mostly awesome, but the repetitive gameplay ruins it a little.

Little Big Planet: 5.5/10

Tedious, boring, overrated. The washy physics and poor depth prediction make it nearly unplayable. Online play is prone to great lag. Fellow players do not know what they are doing. I haven't tried building any levels yet, not sure if I will. I feel cheated; a little disappointed that I actually spent money on this.

Jan 10, 2009 at 6:57 AM Post #339 of 6,943
My wife and I play little big planet, we are both having fun.
smily_headphones1.gif

Jan 11, 2009 at 2:49 AM Post #342 of 6,943
GTAIV: 2/10

The crappy controls are already ruining it for me. You can barely move, drive, or even fight. The controls feel like frozen molasses compared to San Andreas. It is making the game nearly unplayable. The battle controls are especially terrible. You actually have to hold a button down to lock onto someone, and your character moves and attacks with glacial speed. It isn't like in SA where you could keep tapping punch and beat the crap out of someone in just a few hits.

I can't believe I traded in Assassin's Creed for this.

(P.S. It is impossible to invert the camera's horizontal axis, which is also making it extremely difficult to play, because I keep looking around in the opposite direction I want. GRR!)

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:05 AM Post #343 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by PiccoloNamek /img/forum/go_quote.gif
GTAIV: 2/10

The crappy controls are already ruining it for me. You can barely move, drive, or even fight. The controls feel like frozen molasses compared to San Andreas. It is making the game nearly unplayable. The battle controls are especially terrible. You actually have to hold a button down to lock onto someone, and your character moves and attacks with glacial speed. It isn't like in SA where you could keep tapping punch and beat the crap out of someone in just a few hits.

I can't believe I traded in Assassin's Creed for this.

(P.S. It is impossible to invert the camera's horizontal axis, which is also making it extremely difficult to play, because I keep looking around in the opposite direction I want. GRR!)

Give it time. I've beaten both San Andreas, and GTAIV, and I prefer GTAIV's controls. You can shoot in any direction while driving, and the combat system is much more precise with the pressure sensative aiming... hold down a button to lock on, press it lightly for free aim.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:58 AM Post #344 of 6,943
The controls do take some getting used to.. the sluggish movement I think can be attributed to momentum in the euphoria physics engine (which is freaking awesome when drunk btw). I use a combination of the wireless xbox 360 controller and mouse for intense shooting parts.

Jan 11, 2009 at 3:40 PM Post #345 of 6,943
Quote:

The controls do take some getting used to.. the sluggish movement I think can be attributed to momentum in the euphoria physics engine...

Yeah, no kidding. One of the worst things is actually just trying to turn around. If my guy is facing forward, it takes him nearly half a second just to turn to face the camera! Whatever happened to being able to do a quick about face!?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back