Rate the video games you're currently playing
Apr 19, 2016 at 10:01 AM Post #5,386 of 6,929
Btw, the Thrall axe is light as a dagger but few times more powerful and has quickstep, which makes it great. I think that soon players will realize its viability.

Apr 25, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,387 of 6,929
Street fighter 5 = not liking the mechanics, way too footsie dependent gameplay. rating it 6.5 out of 10, since the game shipped BAREBONES. so many features missing.

USF4= i still play this every day, one of the greatest fighting games ever. 9/10.

Dota 2= 8/10. been playing dota for over 10 years, still much to learn.

Rise of the tomb raider = better than the original, incredible graphics. multiplayer is quite fun. 9/10

Dark souls 3 = i don't have time to memorize and practice everything, so for me it's a 6/10 on the fun factor. easily a 9/10 if i was unemployed and living in my mom's basement.

witcher 3 = 6/10, very boring and repetitive as far as sidequests go.

Fallout 4= 8/10, not better than 3m, but the base building is quite fun.

Diablo 3 = gets better every patch, but still no where near what diablo 2 was. The game needs TRADING and PVP. 7/10

Final fantasy 9 for PC: wait until it goes on sale. it plays on 4:3 scale, cannot change. big bummer, 5/10.

The division (PC): fun for the first 10 hours. VERY grind heavy and repetitive after that. 6/10

well, these are all games i'm currently playing.

Apr 26, 2016 at 4:31 AM Post #5,388 of 6,929
I've dedicated most of my time to Dark Souls 3 and The Division recently.

I've been a fan of the Souls series since Demons Souls. Dark Souls 3 is easily the best of the whole series.  The environments are diverse, there are fun secrets everywhere, the mechanics are mostly solid, the bosses are awesome (I actually had a jaw-drop moment for one of the later boss). PvE is almost perfect to me. PvP has some issues, but still better than most of the other games. 9.5/10 for me.

Division is pretty fun, but pretty grind-heavy. The recent changes helped alleviate things and added some variety, but I still spend most of my days post-30 repeating daily missions and assignments and then logging out. 7/10

Apr 26, 2016 at 5:41 AM Post #5,389 of 6,929
@Nycalex, I am very close to completeion of The Witcher 3: The Wild Hunt.

I am surprised that anyone found it a grind or boring. I have had my eyes pinned open by it since I first started playing. I have pretty much loved every quest, treasure hunt, and contract. I am, in fact in bits that it is about to end. I have loved the combat so all quests are just more fun.

I think the main quest with the Baron was a bit annoying but on the whole it was OK. It ended well. Many people like that quest, and it worked out for the best.

I keep thinking I should buy the DLC to stay in the Witcher world. I found the game a solid 9.5/10 easy.

May 5, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #5,390 of 6,929
Playing dark souls 3 on ps4..wasn't going to get it because it was too much like bloodborne..enjoying it but the controls are a bit frustrating..you can't cancel your attack and roll out of danger the way you should be able to..still don't think it's the best souls game..it's early days, it could be!

May 5, 2016 at 9:25 AM Post #5,391 of 6,929
  Playing dark souls 3 on ps4..wasn't going to get it because it was too much like bloodborne..enjoying it but the controls are a bit frustrating..you can't cancel your attack and roll out of danger the way you should be able to..still don't think it's the best souls game..it's early days, it could be!

It's definitely not the best Souls game but it's not bad either. I already finished NG with all the secret areas and optional bosses and now I'm focusing on pvp. I maintain my opinion that DS3 feels a bit hollow and simplified in certain aspects

May 7, 2016 at 4:32 PM Post #5,392 of 6,929
Starcraft 2 10/10 - One of the best games, challange is up there, you need to be good and know your game to do anything in this one, it is basically an e-sports game so... And it is 1v1 mostly, there is no blaming other, there is only you to blame
World of Warships - 7/10 - I like the sound very much, but as those are warships the pace of the game is little too slow as you can read Facebook during gameplay and nothing will happen.
WarThunder - 9/10 - This game is really pleasureable when it comes to graphics and historical gameplay, everything looks really nice.
As you can see I play mostly multiplayer games :wink: If you play Starcraft hit me up!

May 10, 2016 at 8:05 AM Post #5,394 of 6,929
  Starcraft 2 10/10 - One of the best games, challange is up there, you need to be good and know your game to do anything in this one, it is basically an e-sports game so... And it is 1v1 mostly, there is no blaming other, there is only you to blame
World of Warships - 7/10 - I like the sound very much, but as those are warships the pace of the game is little too slow as you can read Facebook during gameplay and nothing will happen.
WarThunder - 9/10 - This game is really pleasureable when it comes to graphics and historical gameplay, everything looks really nice.
As you can see I play mostly multiplayer games :wink: If you play Starcraft hit me up!

What version of SC2 do you play?
I liked WoL, but didnt go on to HOTS or LOTV.
Its a nice game over all, but I preffer SC1 (broodwar).

May 10, 2016 at 5:38 PM Post #5,395 of 6,929
IL2 Cliffs of Dover. Hard to rate this game it was abandoned and have bugs from hell but there is tons of superb quality to flight models and airplane and for sure if you just want a dogfight it´s excellent. I guess it´s old news now there is IL 2 BOS but that is still early access and will probably cost quite a bit more to invest in. Tempting to install IL 2 1946 again. I just prety that these will get VR support not just War Thunder.

May 10, 2016 at 5:51 PM Post #5,396 of 6,929
I actually just started replaying Legend of Dragoon (love the classics) 9/10!. I love the storyline of this game. I remember when I first saw the commercial of it as a kid and Dart did his dragoon transformation I was so impressed. Still a great game and probably on my top 5 RPGs.

May 10, 2016 at 7:18 PM Post #5,397 of 6,929
  What version of SC2 do you play?
I liked WoL, but didnt go on to HOTS or LOTV.
Its a nice game over all, but I preffer SC1 (broodwar).

I am playing only LotV - as I started my StarCraft II with that.
Before that I was only playing like Warcraft II and Warcraft III. DotA and old school stuff, never been into Starcraft I myself.
but SC2 is cool :wink:
I want to dig it up more so I am planning to get all the game versions and trace the story.

May 11, 2016 at 9:14 AM Post #5,398 of 6,929
I just played Resident Evil revelations. 4/10.

It has a horrid stutter problem which they won't fix. It uses the same map conituously and should be called Resident Evil Backtracking. The graphics are like average year 2003 even though it was released in 2012. I liked for about the first three or four hours. By seen hours I noticed I was bored. By eith hours I just wantd it to end. I finished it after eleven hours, by which time all positive feelings I experienced earlier with it, were destroyed.

After, I started playing episode 1 of Resident Evil Revelations 2. Graphics are a marked inmrovement. Has an even worse stuttering problem. Extremely fiddly to play. You have to endlessly swap between characters. Basically one of them carries a torch which you have to focus to find and collect loot. It emans you have to do every area with both characters. One to fight, the other to search. 5/10

I bought both in X-mas sale.

May 11, 2016 at 9:18 AM Post #5,399 of 6,929
Counter Strike: Global Offensive 9.75/10

Only game I play very much is Counter Strike: Global Offensive (about an hour a day total, mostly Demolition, Arms Race and Deathmatch, Comp when I can dedicate an hour uninterrupted).
been playing this game off and on since it was a mod for Half-Life.
It is still the best FPS hands down, it's always the same but I always keep playing it.
I've tried many other FPS and they all feel sluggish and lack the precision of CS:GO.

If you want to see how this game CAN be played, watch some Pro Match footage on HLTV.org or utube. It's far from mindless mowing down aliens and monsters with ridiculous weapons.  
It is the perfect combination of realistic and fun to play.

Elite Dangerous is my new Space Game. Just scratching the surface on it. I like it so far. It also seems more realistic than other Space Sims. But after a while I feel I need to shoot ppl and switch back to CS:GO

CS:GO has a learning curve, watch WarOwl tutorials at minimum if you want to have much fun playing the game. 

Users who are viewing this thread

Back