Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 22, 2016 at 11:39 AM Post #5,416 of 6,939

I suggest Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer if you haven't played it already.  Its storytelling is the next best after Planescape: Torment, while much of its gameplay (variety, depth) is unparalleled.  

Baldur's Gate II is actually being remade on Neverwinter Nights 2's engine, by the same people who made Baldur's Gate: Reloaded.  They use the original soundtracks (along with new ones), voice clips, movies, and remake all of the missing races, spells, and feats (not that many are missing), so they are essentially perfect remakes.  I look forward to that.

I've heard great things about it--it's on my list.

May 22, 2016 at 11:02 PM Post #5,417 of 6,939
I finished Dead Island a day or two ago. Marks, about 6/10. It's kind of OK and I loved it when I was at about ten hours in. However it had taken so long to get a hang of it. Then after that it gradually got boring until I almost gave up. It took me a whole year to play it because I was stopping and giving up on it.

I think the main issue was that it was so repetitive. I m not a fan of melee with zombies. Had it used guns that were effective it would have been a blast of a game. I got so fed up of having to combat close up and getting hit and knocked. Weapons wearing out. Guns having barely any effect on zombies. It was kind of hard work.

I have Dead Island: Riptide too because I bought the pack on Steam but I don't know if I will play it. My final comclusion was if it had been a shooter it would have been so much fun.

May 22, 2016 at 11:24 PM Post #5,418 of 6,939
I had a lot of fun playing Dead Island with my family. I feel it's the kind of game that would only really be fun in multiplayer. But it still does get kinda boring. I ended up just running off to find glitches.

May 23, 2016 at 1:55 AM Post #5,419 of 6,939
  I had a lot of fun playing Dead Island with my family. I feel it's the kind of game that would only really be fun in multiplayer. But it still does get kinda boring. I ended up just running off to find glitches.

Yeh true I was playing single player. It took thirty-four hours to complete, over a year. Might be fun with other players.

May 23, 2016 at 3:42 AM Post #5,420 of 6,939

Yeh true I was playing snigle player. It took thirty-four hours to complete, over a year. Might be fun with other players.

Nah... I played it with 3 friends, after 16 hours we got about half way through the second area, and we just gave up.
So much repetition and grinding. 
We all agreed it was just too boring. 

After quickly learning the easy strategies how to kill the harder zombies it just became a grind because ammunition was always too low and hard to find, and even the more advanced weapons you can craft didn't really seem to give more damage than simply clubbing/hacking/slashing them with basic weapons.

Also it felt like every mission was the same basic pattern...   
"please get this thing, and bring it back....."

*goes to get thing... brings it back*

"oh thanks, we don't really care because we're all still screwed... here's zero reward for your effort"

May 23, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #5,421 of 6,939
  Nah... I played it with 3 friends, after 16 hours we got about half way through the second area, and we just gave up.
So much repetition and grinding. 
We all agreed it was just too boring. 

After quickly learning the easy strategies how to kill the harder zombies it just became a grind because ammunition was always too low and hard to find, and even the more advanced weapons you can craft didn't really seem to give more damage than simply clubbing/hacking/slashing them with basic weapons.

Also it felt like every mission was the same basic pattern...   
"please get this thing, and bring it back....."

*goes to get thing... brings it back*

"oh thanks, we don't really care because we're all still screwed... here's zero reward for your effort"

It divides opinion then.

Not only does it grind along, but it sends you back to the same places with zombies back to kill again. I really got fed up.

You are right about not enough ammo. It's so scarce and basically useless against zombies too. I swear though, I think if they had made it a shooter I could have played it all day long. I doubt I would ever have got bored of shooting them to get stuff done. Zombies and guns are like 'salt and vinegar'.

May 23, 2016 at 8:37 AM Post #5,422 of 6,939
Have you guys tried Dying Light? It's very similar, except it's got parkour and stuff. I haven't played it myself, but I've really been looking to try it out!

May 24, 2016 at 3:40 AM Post #5,423 of 6,939
  Have you guys tried Dying Light? It's very similar, except it's got parkour and stuff. I haven't played it myself, but I've really been looking to try it out!

Dying Light has a similar problem as dead island had in that it takes forever to get used to the controls.
There are two things that Dying light made me stop playing (apart from that other problems for me were not deal breakers):

1. The parkour has a problem with getting stuck on small obstacles that are simply not in your field of view (usually a trash bin at your left or right).
What I am saying is that you feel like realistically those should not be a problem to keep running unless you are a really fat dude.

2. Weapon durability. They tend to break. fast (like 25 swings, you need 4-5 for a regular zombie, MANY more for a strong one). You can repair, but only a fixed amount of times untill the weapon is unusable.
I liked more Stalkers approach: you can repair, but it costs and the weapon slowly degrades in quality over time. In this game its just Too fast.

If neither of those things feel like they will be a problem for you, and you can get a hang of the controls, the game is quite fun.

Exploration is cool, night/day cycles are a good addition... in general a step up from dead island, bt with a few problems still in it.

May 24, 2016 at 4:18 PM Post #5,424 of 6,939
  Dying Light has a similar problem as dead island had in that it takes forever to get used to the controls.
There are two things that Dying light made me stop playing (apart from that other problems for me were not deal breakers):

1. The parkour has a problem with getting stuck on small obstacles that are simply not in your field of view (usually a trash bin at your left or right).
What I am saying is that you feel like realistically those should not be a problem to keep running unless you are a really fat dude.

2. Weapon durability. They tend to break. fast (like 25 swings, you need 4-5 for a regular zombie, MANY more for a strong one). You can repair, but only a fixed amount of times untill the weapon is unusable.
I liked more Stalkers approach: you can repair, but it costs and the weapon slowly degrades in quality over time. In this game its just Too fast.

If neither of those things feel like they will be a problem for you, and you can get a hang of the controls, the game is quite fun.

Exploration is cool, night/day cycles are a good addition... in general a step up from dead island, bt with a few problems still in it.

game still manages to scare me, zombies are a no bueno for me.

May 24, 2016 at 10:53 PM Post #5,425 of 6,939

HAHA! I love your avatar. Does the parrot sing back the music?
You know, I've actually been thinking about zombies a bit lately, and I realized for the first time that they actually would be terrifying in real life. But in zombie games and movies, I just don't find them scary, for some reason. But yeah! I'ma get this game, and I guess I'll get Dead Island Remastered when that comes out so I can play it with my family again..and run off to find glitches.

May 25, 2016 at 4:17 AM Post #5,426 of 6,939

As long as I can fight back, games dont scare me. Thats why I like games like Amnesia and Outlast a lot.
In real life Id probably be the second one to get infected thou :D.

May 25, 2016 at 4:40 AM Post #5,427 of 6,939
You know, I've actually been thinking about zombies a bit lately, and I realized for the first time that they actually would be terrifying in real life. But in zombie games and movies, I just don't find them scary, for some reason. But yeah! I'ma get this game, and I guess I'll get Dead Island Remastered when that comes out so I can play it with my family again..and run off to find glitches.

I haven't tried that, I should see what it does, for science!

let me go find some batteries

May 25, 2016 at 5:26 AM Post #5,428 of 6,939

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=2yooU6DPEcQ

The Parrot experiment was a success!

It does infact sing back the music.

May 25, 2016 at 8:12 AM Post #5,429 of 6,939
Wow, that is one silly parrot. The ending was perfect! And nice gaming rig!
Because it sings back the music, you now have a headphone stand + speaker combo! Except it's high-pitched and horrible quality.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back