Rate the video games you're currently playing
May 12, 2016 at 8:03 AM Post #5,401 of 6,939
I almost bought Doom. I saw it on BundleStars for £35, plus I had a voucher for 20% and game or bundle with them. It would have been £28 if the voucher would have worked in conjunction. However I held back because there are no reviews yet, and I only use the single player aspect of games. Neither is it my olicy to buy on day 1 or pre-order. I can wait until there is a bargain deal.

May 13, 2016 at 4:40 PM Post #5,402 of 6,939
Just played DOOM for about 2 hours. the single campaign it's brilliant with that old-school feel and non-stop swiftness, but multiplayer is disappointing. £28 it's a good price imo.

edit: here's a gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

May 13, 2016 at 8:12 PM Post #5,403 of 6,939
  Just played DOOM for about 2 hours. the single campaign it's brilliant with that old-school feel and non-stop swiftness, but multiplayer is disappointing. £28 it's a good price imo.

edit: here's a gameplay https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=9yYp8ZeQ-I8

Thank you. The reviews soming on Steam are very positive and I partly wish I had bought it. However within a year it will have been available for less so no worries. I am thinking of replaying Doom 3 at the moment. I am also thinking of replaying Alien: Isolation. Plus I have on Assasin's Creed: Syndicate on Uplay downloaded: I got it free with an Nvidia card.

Also I am thinking about The Witcher 3 Season Pass. At the moment it is £20 but as soon as it goes to about £15, I will buy it.

Glad you like Doom. As I said, I kind of wish I had bought it; full price now though.

May 18, 2016 at 3:11 AM Post #5,404 of 6,939
Just finished DOOM, great game.

I don't get all of the rage from reviewers because it feels different than the originals.
If it wasn't changed people would still complain about it being the "same game".

Now to play CS:GO, the ever annoying rage inducing game I always come back to.

May 18, 2016 at 8:53 AM Post #5,405 of 6,939
Is Doom worth full price? Or am I better of waiting until it goes down in price after a year?

May 18, 2016 at 10:25 AM Post #5,407 of 6,939
  I'd just jump on it, drivers aren't crap either like alot of recent launches.

game is perfect imo.

Sounds good, thanks!

May 18, 2016 at 11:16 AM Post #5,408 of 6,939
I fell out in love with gaming (despite owning every ps console since the 1) but Uncharted 4.... boy does that have me hooked.

I swore to myself I am only going to play it for 30 mins and I found myself still playing 4 hours later.

Best game this gen so far.

May 18, 2016 at 11:21 AM Post #5,409 of 6,939
I too just don't game much anymore. It took me forever to finally beat the main story of Fallout 4 because I play maybe once a week for about an hour or 2 at the most.

Uncharted 4 does look amazing. I enjoyed the previous 3. I'll probably get that along with Doom and Dark Souls 3. How I'll find time to play any of them, I have no idea lol.

May 20, 2016 at 10:27 AM Post #5,411 of 6,939
You guys are all playing these new-fangled 3D games with their graphics and such, and I've been playing Undertale. Well, not just playing it. I'm addicted. I might need help.

May 21, 2016 at 1:26 PM Post #5,414 of 6,939
I've been playing Baldur's Gate II for the last month in what limited time I have to play, and am still in the starting city. I have not played and beat it since it first came out 16 years ago, and I'm pleased to find that it's still as engrossing and challenging as I remembered it being. When was the last time I played a RPG that gripped me so fully? There have been some bright spots, to be sure, in the last 16 years. The Mass Effect series, Pillars of Eternity, and Final Fantasy XII spring to mind, and I'm sure there are others. But frankly, they all pale in comparison. The last time I played a RPG that gripped me so fully was the last time I played Baldur's Gate II. Looking forward to spending an unholy number of months with it.

May 21, 2016 at 1:51 PM Post #5,415 of 6,939
  I've been playing Baldur's Gate II for the last month in what limited time I have to play, and am still in the starting city. I have not played and beat it since it first game out 16 years ago, and I'm pleased to find that it's still as engrossing and challenging as I remembered it being. When was the last time I played a RPG that gripped me so fully? There have been some bright spots, to be sure, in the last 16 years. The Mass Effect series, Pillars of Eternity, and Final Fantasy XII spring to mind, and I'm sure there are others. But frankly, they all pale in comparison. The last time I played a RPG that gripped me so fully was the last time I played Baldur's Gate II. Looking forward to spending an unholy number of months with it.

I suggest Neverwinter Nights 2: Mask of the Betrayer if you haven't played it already.  Its storytelling is the next best after Planescape: Torment, while much of its gameplay (variety, depth) is unparalleled.  

Baldur's Gate II is actually being remade on Neverwinter Nights 2's engine, by the same people who made Baldur's Gate: Reloaded.  They use the original soundtracks (along with new ones), voice clips, movies, and remake all of the missing races, spells, and feats (not that many are missing), so they are essentially perfect remakes.  I look forward to that.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back