Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 20, 2009 at 3:04 PM Post #377 of 6,972
Quote:

Originally Posted by fraseyboy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I agree. Frank Bilder's was a good mate of mine and I felt very betrayed when he did what he did at the end
frown.gif

It annoys me how people complain about all the driving. Although there is a 'teleport' system in Fallout 3, I still find myself walking to some places just to take in the amazing environment and maybe smash a few heads off. Far Cry 2 is the same. I don't mind driving places because of how amazing everything looks. And trying to get past the checkpoints using different methods is fun! Like sometimes I'd go stealth, sometimes I'd use lots of explosives...

I didn't like how enemies would respawn almost minutes after you destroyed a sentry post. In the beginning, I would literally clear the entire map of enemies only to find out God/Allah/The Matrix would spawn more instantly.

Quote:

Yeah, it is a gorgeous game. As for it being short, I thought it was the perfect length. I hate it when games drag on forever. I'd rather it be really polished and short than be long and have repetitive dead spots.

I agree that games shouldn't drag out, I just didn't think Mirror's Edge was quite fleshed out enough. It might've been bad luck for me, but I played for about 5 hours straight, then came back to it another day and was finished the game about 15 minutes later. It's almost like you had a date with a beautiful but slightly shallow girl, hoping to maybe get another date out with her but she never shows.

...Maybe that's a bad analogy.

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:51 PM Post #379 of 6,972
the best game mankind ever made:

ice102-3.bmp

thats not my score
frown.gif

image4jc9.jpg

10bh9.jpg

CSS%20De%20Dust%202.jpg

Jan 21, 2009 at 9:54 PM Post #380 of 6,972
Mass Effect

All I can say, its bloody awesome. Anyone who is a scifi fan, likes a lot of well written dialog and a huge background story and details, this is a game for you. (hell, they have really managed to make a completely new scifi world, it has codex you can read for HOURS about technology, alien and culture backrounds etcetera)

Im now on my thrid playthrough.

Only complaint comes from rather repetive planets outside of mainquest which you can explore, they all look bit too same mountain ridden landscapes with different color schemes. This isnt a problem in unhabitable planets as they really are rock-like in real life (I presume
smily_headphones1.gif
), but those few possibly-habitable look just green versions of the dead rock planets. They ran out of time I guess, couldnt make more detailed fauna. I hope Mass Effect 2 fixes those.

Jan 22, 2009 at 5:38 AM Post #382 of 6,972
Playing some old PS1 games through emu

Suikoden II - (8/10) - Don't really like the story but gameplay is pretty fun (although easy) and you can recruit upto 108 characters.

Star Ocean II (8.5/10) - RPG like no other (similiar to legend of mana fighting style.)

Legend of Dragoon (7.75/10) - Gameplay is great but story is border-line crap and the overall speed of the game is too slow for me.

Currently playing: FF VII - Played on and off about 5 times within the last 5 or so years but never got through disc 1.

Quit playing: Warcraft III / WoW - most addicting game which wasted my life away. Sports > Online-game

Jan 22, 2009 at 4:17 PM Post #385 of 6,972
Quote:

Originally Posted by younglee200 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Suikoden II - (8/10) - Don't really like the story but gameplay is pretty fun (although easy) and you can recruit upto 108 characters.
Star Ocean II (8.5/10) - RPG like no other (similiar to legend of mana fighting style.)

Two of the best RPGs for the system imho. Try to track down the original Revelations: Persona as well, awesome game, although more challenging than the games listed above.

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:06 AM Post #386 of 6,972
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
I play counter-strike source a lot but only on surf maps/servers. My passion are video games from the 90s and early 00s. Don't care about the horrible crap out now a days especially with the ridiculous minimal installs DRM.

Just wondering if you've tried TF2 yet?

Jan 23, 2009 at 4:48 AM Post #387 of 6,972
Currently playing Deus Ex after figuring out how to get it working in os x, and it is superb, quite possibly one of the best FPSs ever made. The last time I was so amazed by a game was playing No One Lives Forever.

Such immersion despite the blocky graphics, and several times I've noticed the many ways I could have done something while going about clearing the goal in what I had previously thought was the only way. Talk about level design.

edit: The game runs flawlessly in crossover games 7.01, so for those with macs who want to do some pc gaming without rebooting, give it a shot!

Jan 23, 2009 at 7:36 PM Post #389 of 6,972
Just finished Bioshock, it was great. I had a broken disk so I couldn't save after Arcadia for some weird reason... I had to plow through the 2nd half of the game with no saving so that definitely affected the way I feel about it. Overall even with the annoying no saving I'd give it 8/10 big daddies. For anyone who isn't a heartless horrible person I strongly suggest saving the sisters. I saved all of them and the ending is very cute if you do. I watched the alternate endings where you don't save them, I probably would have cried if I played that way.

Pros: deliciously creepy, great weapons, interesting way of presenting the plot, easy control system, adorable little girls.

Cons: My disk was broken (grrr), a little bit repetitive at times, a few minor plot points are never fully explained.

There is a sequel coming out so a few things might click later.

Bioshock currently sells for around $20 used, anyone who owns an xbox 360 should own this game.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back