Rate the video games you're currently playing
Jan 23, 2009 at 10:03 PM Post #392 of 6,943
Gonna grab Bioshock on my way home today, I was waitin to get a big TV before playin that game, should have one this weekend so I'll be all set
smily_headphones1.gif

Currently playing MGS4, I love the direction and the camera angles and setup, but there seems to be one fundamental flaw in the game. If you play it sincerely as a stealth game and take cover and try not to get spotted, its fun, and challenging, if you take the action route, you can just run past enemies to your target and it cuts to the next cut scene/cinematic as though nothing happened and no one was after you. Its a really strange bug IMO and is kinda like a built in cheat system for when you have a tough time or when you get into a lot of trouble. Maybe it wont be this easy to do the same thing as the game progresses, but so far, I have had two scenarios where I was close to the objective and I just chose to rush to the destination instead of running away and finding cover or taking the enemies out.

Jan 23, 2009 at 10:15 PM Post #394 of 6,943
F.E.A.R. 2 [demo]: IMO the only thing it succeeded to do for me is freak me the **** out. By the time I was in the middle of the demo, I was in a corner of the school building with a shotgun swearing every second. I changed to a harder swear word after I realized I was lost.
redface.gif

But other than that, the combat is "meh" because of your Matrix-like abilities to kill everybody and not take an ounce of damage, and that MechWarrior thing you take control of at the last leg of the demo is just too far-fetched and clunky to work with.

Jan 23, 2009 at 11:53 PM Post #396 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by troymadison /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Tried it, disliked it, liked TFC much more.

Why? Because of the humor and non seriousness of the world/characters?

Jan 24, 2009 at 2:35 AM Post #397 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by jilgiljongiljing /img/forum/go_quote.gif
)

Currently playing MGS4, I love the direction and the camera angles and setup, but there seems to be one fundamental flaw in the game. If you play it sincerely as a stealth game and take cover and try not to get spotted, its fun, and challenging, if you take the action route, you can just run past enemies to your target and it cuts to the next cut scene/cinematic as though nothing happened and no one was after you. Its a really strange bug IMO and is kinda like a built in cheat system for when you have a tough time or when you get into a lot of trouble. Maybe it wont be this easy to do the same thing as the game progresses, but so far, I have had two scenarios where I was close to the objective and I just chose to rush to the destination instead of running away and finding cover or taking the enemies out.

This is how the game has been designed. Kojima decided to take the route of allowing the user to choose between a pure stealth or more action paced gamestyle, which is one of the things that makes this game really great. On the harder difficulties, though, you can't run and gun. Play the harder difficulties and you'll see what I mean.

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:29 PM Post #400 of 6,943
Valkyria Chronicles 10/10
This game is great. gameplay, story, graphics, sound, music, atmosphere are all excellent. easily the best game of 2008.

Super Street Fighter II turbo: HD remix 6.5/10
Game plays very well. i HATE the new art though, its TERRIBLE.

Tekken 5:dark ressurection 7.5/10
Good game. typical tekken fare.
Its not new, but getting back on a fighter kick (no pun intended) in anticipation of King of Fighters XII and Street Fighter IV (KoF more so than SF).

Company of Heroes (incl. opposing fronts) 9/10
excellent game. best RTS in a long time. More in depth than dawn of war (which i also liked).

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:42 PM Post #401 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by TheMarchingMule /img/forum/go_quote.gif
F.E.A.R. 2 [demo]: IMO the only thing it succeeded to do for me is freak me the **** out. By the time I was in the middle of the demo, I was in a corner of the school building with a shotgun swearing every second. I changed to a harder swear word after I realized I was lost.
redface.gif

But other than that, the combat is "meh" because of your Matrix-like abilities to kill everybody and not take an ounce of damage, and that MechWarrior thing you take control of at the last leg of the demo is just too far-fetched and clunky to work with.

Demo is out? Instadownload! I am a fan of first FEAR. Perfect game for those has ability to sink in the game and "believe" (AKA role-play, you dont have to play RPG for that) you are there and those supernatural things really occur around you, scared me s**tless many times. Even times when nothing really happened, anticipation that something will happen was creepy enough and background story was great.

Yes, battle was a bit easy in the first game too, but thats somewhat the point I think. Against living you are in control and dominate of the situation, but when some funny s*** starts to happen around you that feeling of control and domination is effectively lost.

Jan 24, 2009 at 7:44 PM Post #402 of 6,943
Half-Life 2, Episode 1, Episode 2 - 9/10
Just picked up the series again, truly an epic game.

Fallout 3 - 7/10
A nice game, but it's no Elder Scrolls IV.

Jan 24, 2009 at 8:32 PM Post #403 of 6,943
Sorry for the slight off-topic, but does anyone know if there are any good fighting games for pc (preferrably new ones)? I used to love Tekken 3 on playstation, but I guess that it's a bit different without the arcade type control.

Jan 24, 2009 at 11:33 PM Post #404 of 6,943
Quote:

Originally Posted by Ttvetjanu /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Sorry for the slight off-topic, but does anyone know if there are any good fighting games for pc (preferrably new ones)? I used to love Tekken 3 on playstation, but I guess that it's a bit different without the arcade type control.

Street Fighter IV is coming for PC (as well as PS3 and 360).
The console versions are out next mont (2/20 or so), but i dunno what the PC version release date is...

You'll still need a good arcade stick for it...

I dunno if there are any others.

Jan 25, 2009 at 2:57 AM Post #405 of 6,943
I wonder how much enjoyment can I get playing SF IV using the analogue Dualshock stick.

Well at least I hope it has lots of awesome rumble to make it fun (eg. rumbling everytime you connect a special moves or something).

Users who are viewing this thread

Back