Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 17, 2011 at 5:56 PM Post #7,321 of 24,651
Jan 17, 2011 at 6:43 PM Post #7,322 of 24,651
127 Hours

nice watch, interesting, but not as good as it's rated at imdb (8.3)

Jan 18, 2011 at 2:00 PM Post #7,324 of 24,651

Quote:
just finished watching Machete. went into it with low expecations, i expected something similar to the expendable and i was not wrong in that the 2 movies are somewhat similar, but i found Machete wayyy more entertaining. i actually really liked this movie. 8/10

1+

Especially the girl at the beginning 
biggrin.gif

Jan 18, 2011 at 4:17 PM Post #7,325 of 24,651
Locked Down - 2/10

Pathetic dialogue, rubbish acting, mediocre fight scenes, predictable storyline, filmed and produced like it was some sort of school project from the 90's and to top it off after all of that it still had the audacity to take itself seriously.

Jan 19, 2011 at 3:14 AM Post #7,329 of 24,651
I was sick, so I watched a crap-ton of movies. Keep in mind that I still have only given maybe ten movies a 10/10, so my 7/10s are another person's 10/10s (especially some people in this thread).

American Beauty - 9.5/10 (I wouldn't ever watch this with another person, but when viewed alone it left quite an impression on me)
Inglorious Basterds - 7/10 (My least favorite Tarantino film, but I still quite enjoyed it)
Slumdog Millionaire - 6/10 (Overrated)
Good Will Hunting - 9/10 (HIS BEARD IS SO FUZZY)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10 (Why didn't anyone tell me Jim Carrey could act?)

And a couple others not worth mentioning...

Up next: Mystic River, re-watch City of God (8/10), Once Upon a Time in the West, re-watch The Wicker Man (the original, because screw Nicolas Cage) (10/10 paganism ftw), Amorres Perros.

Any suggestions? I'm pretty open to movie suggestions

Jan 19, 2011 at 7:49 AM Post #7,331 of 24,651

Quote:
I was sick, so I watched a crap-ton of movies. Keep in mind that I still have only given maybe ten movies a 10/10, so my 7/10s are another person's 10/10s (especially some people in this thread).

American Beauty - 9.5/10 (I wouldn't ever watch this with another person, but when viewed alone it left quite an impression on me)
Inglorious Basterds - 7/10 (My least favorite Tarantino film, but I still quite enjoyed it)
Slumdog Millionaire - 6/10 (Overrated)
Good Will Hunting - 9/10 (HIS BEARD IS SO FUZZY)
Eternal Sunshine of the Spotless Mind - 9/10 (Why didn't anyone tell me Jim Carrey could act?)

And a couple others not worth mentioning...

Up next: Mystic River, re-watch City of God (8/10), Once Upon a Time in the West, re-watch The Wicker Man (the original, because screw Nicolas Cage) (10/10 paganism ftw), Amorres Perros.

Any suggestions? I'm pretty open to movie suggestions

Although I think many give too high ratings here, you gave highs to some of the better movies out there. I actually agree to most of them:

American Beauty 9 (Kevin Spacey is fantastic, great story)
Inglorious Basterd 6.5 (idem to your description)
Slumdog Millionaire 8.5 (not overrated but great)
Eternal Sunshine 6.5 (very overrated, you could've seen Carrey can act in The Truman Show)
Good Will Hunting 8.5 (classic)
Mystic River 6.5 (somehow didn't do it for me, although offcourse solid)
City of God 8.5 (one of the best Brazilian movies I've seen)
Once upon a Time in the West 8 (classic)
Amorres Perros 8 (go see that, fast)

suggestions? Ow, so many.

Korean movie "Old School"
A Beautiful Mind
Clerks I and II
Memento
Das Leben der Anderen
The Motorcycle Diaries
Festen
Hotel Rwanda
Into the Wild
Amelie
Man on the Moon (Carrey's best acting role on my opinion)
The Usual Suspects (Kevin Spacey!)
The Namesake
The Shipping News (Kevin Spacey)

This year:
The Town
True Grid
127 Hours

Jan 19, 2011 at 2:14 PM Post #7,334 of 24,651
Saw Black Swan at the cinema last night.

8/10

Really gripping and disturbing at points. Was right in the front row of the cinema though which detracted my enjoyment a little. Portman was top class. Definitely going to check out some more of Aronofsky's stuff, any recommendations?

Jan 19, 2011 at 4:42 PM Post #7,335 of 24,651
Another Year 7.5

Lovely little movie

Users who are viewing this thread

Back