Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jan 5, 2011 at 7:25 PM Post #7,261 of 24,654
Harry and the Hendersons - 100/10

This is the only movie I got to watch this week. Sad isn't it?
To make it worse, Netflix's aspect ratio of this is all wrong, so when you watch it, it's all stretched out.
I haven't seen this movie since I was probably 10...

Oh yeah...wait...

I saw "The Kids Are all Right". I'd give that an 8.25/10.

I bought "Hard Boiled" on blu-ray today. Maybe i'll go watch that tonight.

Jan 6, 2011 at 1:29 AM Post #7,262 of 24,654
Never Let Me Go - 8/10

Superbly shot film with some poignant imagery and great acting that ultimately doesn't really go anywhere.  It can be very depressing at times with its desaturated colours, slow pacing, and characters who are on the brink of death right at the apex of their youth.  

I kept hoping that there would be some awesome twist of horror or the unexpected, but no, the movie played out very obviously, with more focus on the emotion and journey of the characters than the scifi-ish world they inhabit.

Jan 7, 2011 at 3:30 PM Post #7,263 of 24,654
Flirting with Disaster - 7/10

Was an entertaining sort of "road-trip"/series-of-funny-events type of adventure. Good cast and moved along nicely. Was funny in places and never boring or cringe-worthy at any time. Just one of those turn-off and have a laugh sort of ones.

Jan 8, 2011 at 4:56 PM Post #7,265 of 24,654
Majesteit (Majesty) 7+

Nice Dutch movie about our Royal family and the role of our Monarchy.

The English have the fantastic movie 'The Queen' (which I enjoyed more than Majesteit), we now have Majesteit.

Jan 8, 2011 at 5:45 PM Post #7,267 of 24,654
while i was home on vacation, i saw a couple movies

Tron 2/5 i thought this movie was pretty awful, complete waste of 17 dollars for the 3d imax version

Black Swan 5/5 this has got to be one of daron aronofsky's most approachable movies, but its still amazing, and "the" scene with natalie portman and mila kunis certainly didnt hurt :wink:

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:00 PM Post #7,268 of 24,654
True Grit 8+

very very good.

Jan 8, 2011 at 7:02 PM Post #7,269 of 24,654
Season of the Witch - 2 out of 10

I really wanted to like this movie, and gave it every chance I could... but it is just not that good.  It drags, the story is weak, the acting is not great, the special effects are not realistic... ugh.  I am still trying to come up with something that I liked about it... still trying... nope not yet... 

When I left the movies I told my girl that I had a new rule called "The Nicolas Cage Rule".... if Nicolas Cage is in it, I'm going to pass.

Season the Witch, straight to video...

Jan 8, 2011 at 8:15 PM Post #7,271 of 24,654

Quote:
Season of the Witch - 2 out of 10

I really wanted to like this movie, and gave it every chance I could... but it is just not that good.  It drags, the story is weak, the acting is not great, the special effects are not realistic... ugh.  I am still trying to come up with something that I liked about it... still trying... nope not yet... 

When I left the movies I told my girl that I had a new rule called "The Nicolas Cage Rule".... if Nicolas Cage is in it, I'm going to pass.

Season the Witch, straight to video...

i dont know how you thought that movie had even a slight chance of being good lol usually having nick cage in it is enough for me to pass....but nick cage with dragons?!?! that was too much

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:04 AM Post #7,272 of 24,654
Blue Valetine 7.75/10

Rabbit hole 7/10

Somewhere 8/10 - Lost in Translation is still gem in Sofia's collection IMO.

Jan 9, 2011 at 1:57 PM Post #7,274 of 24,654
War is Hell weekend: started out with Restrepo, a candid and revealing documentary portrait of the Afghanistan occupation effort 7.5/10

Then I saw Centurion the next evening, it was better that I thought it would be but I'm a sucker for that Lost Ninth Legion stuff. Graphic violence, nice ending 8/10

The parallels between the two movies was eerie; the fate of the foreign occupations, etc. Netflix made the choice this time, almost like it was intentional...

Users who are viewing this thread

Back