1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Rate The Last Movie You Watched

First

Back
474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483
485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494
Next

Last
  1. joeschmidt
    I just watched Pursuit of Happyness. It was pretty damn good.

2. TheDreamthinker
    Supposed to be damn great......i haven't watched it yet.....need to.

3. 03029174 Contributor
    Just watched an advance screening of The Next 3 days starring Russell Crowe. Amazing film best i've seen in a long time 9.7/10. 

Watched Tron Legacy at IMAX last weekend and almost walked out it was that bad :frowning2: 4/10 and thats for special effects

4. Confispect

Quote:

Agreed  Tron sucked,

Gatta go see The Next 3 Days seems cool, reserving opinion on Black Swan.....

5. WhiteCrow

Quote:
    are you a fan of the comic? I liked it prolly a 8/10 IMO but back to topic don't want to start a war here.

Star trek*new one*
    I really like this movie, good plot, nice pacing, action is great and well done, dialog is a bit cheesy but its a star trek movie.
    7.5/10 the only reason I give it a 7.5 is a funny/ horrifying story.

So i sleep with movies on otherwise I cant get to sleep with out some sort of background noise dead silence creeps me out. I finally fall asleep and had just finished playing Bayonetta before putting the movie in. I had a dream, normal for me just kind of bizarre action movie/my life mixed in dream, All of the sudden BAY Bayonetta drops down in front of me she has some catty banter and dramatically turns around and HOLYCRAPSHEHASSPOCKSFACE!!!!! i woke up form a dead sleep laughing like mad.

6. SemiAudiophile
    Vengeance - 5.6/10

Not a big fan of Johnnie To. I think he tries too hard to be stylistic like John Woo. Starts off okay, but towards the end the gun fights just get downright ridiculous. Plus he insists on using the same B-list cast of old timers over and over again. Interesting premise, but ultimately fails in the end. 

7. WhiteCrow

Quote:

lol at your name, semiaudiophile, with lcd2 and magnums....

8. Anaxilus

Quote:

Wow, I thought I was the only one.  I need background noise as well plus a sleep timer.  I don't get creeped out but oddly silence sends my brain into a spin and distracts me, can't relax.  I have no idea why background noise is more soothing than just silence.

9. WhiteCrow
    yea I'm an odd one lol.

10. SemiAudiophile

Quote:

yes...I was a semi-audiophile once.. because of head-fi I am now a full-audiophile. [​IMG]

11. Audio-Omega
    I thought Ip Man 2 was predictable after Sammo's character was defeated and I preferred the first movie.  

12. tru blu
    Brothers - 9/10

I didn't see the American version of this Danish film about a soldier's post-Afghanistan trauma, but the original is so good that I'm not interested in the remake even though I'm a fan of Jake Gyllenhaal. Some will think it's a tad melodramatic, but it feels to me like director Susanne Bier is doing what she's best at: pushing your buttons while using potent handheld camera work to get the emotions right. See her After The Wedding, too.

13. Anaxilus

Quote:

As someone who was deployed let me be the first to say what a PoS movie that was.  -10/10.  Another civilian made 'war' movie.

14. ArmAndHammer
    Desperate Man Blues...excellent documentary about a guy who has spent his entire life amassing one of, if not the largest collection of old (pre-1940's) vinyl, all blues, country, and pre-1930's jazz. I think it was something like 25,000 records or more. But the guy who the movie is about, Joe Bussard, is just such a character...very enjoyable to watch. You might find it on the net but I would recommend grabbing the DVD as there are a lot of extras that are worth watching. Netflix has it.

9/10

15. virometal Contributor
    rhythmdevils:

Yeah, apparently it was hand held 16mm. Interesting enough, Black Swan and The Wrestler were originally conceptualized  as parts of the same movie. They definitely share the same look and themes. I love all the behind the neck shots. 

I finally got around to The Black Swan and was not disappointed. There were a few parts that didn't work for me, but one is almost obligated to reward such ambition on popular movie making scale. At least I am. 9/10 

First

Back
474 475 476 477 478 479 480 481 482 483
485 486 487 488 489 490 491 492 493 494
Next

Last