Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 2, 2011 at 6:32 AM Post #7,546 of 24,635
Megamind 6.5

Entertaining, but not great
Will Ferrell's voice did work very well in this

Mar 2, 2011 at 3:51 PM Post #7,547 of 24,635
Anaxilus:
The Good Sheperd

I'll quote any post with a mention of The Good Shepherd. I loved that move, usually more than most. It is the only reason I still keep my HD-DVD player. 

*Yes I know there is a French BD; hoping for a Region 1*

--

I finished The Red Riding Trilogy, which is a UK Ch. 4 miniseries. It was fantastic - dark, procedural crime noir, a bit like a cross between Zodiac and The Wire. Make sure to turn on subs, 'cause some of the Yorkshire accents are thick. 8/10

Mar 3, 2011 at 4:54 PM Post #7,550 of 24,635
Tron Legacy 6+

Mediocre story, but looks great. Mildly entertaining, but not more then that.

Mar 3, 2011 at 8:39 PM Post #7,551 of 24,635

Quote:
Planes, Trains and Automobiles - 9.5/10

I've seen this dozens and dozens of times and never get sick of it.

The Day After Tomorrow - 8/10

Sure, it's stupid, fairly cheesy and has some terrible dialogue, but I still like this movie a lot. I've very forgiving of everything in this movie.
For me it's very entertaining and I've now seen it about a dozen times (!). I even like "Independence Day" but actually walked out of "10,000 BC" and "Godzilla".
2012 was decent enough the first time, but when I rented it, I hated it. You might find this hard to believe, but I like the characters in "Day after Tomorrow" and "Independence Day".
Can't say the same about 10,000BC and 2012. Give me a Roland Emmerich movie over one from Michael Bay any day!

Lord of the Rings - Return of the Ring - 9/10

I've seen this series now about 4 times and think this is my favorite (duh!) with the 2nd being my least favorite. I hate the "tree" scenes.

I actually enjoyed the Day After Tommorow as well
Just watched Taken again..9.5/10..this movie is just pretty epic

Mar 3, 2011 at 9:32 PM Post #7,552 of 24,635
RED...that movie was sick.

Mar 3, 2011 at 10:31 PM Post #7,553 of 24,635
Ip Man - 10/10 - One of the best martial art movies I have ever seen.

The Man From Nowhere - 10/10 - Add Leon the Professional and Taken together then multiply by 2.... million
biggrin.gif

Mar 4, 2011 at 12:17 AM Post #7,555 of 24,635

Quote:

Ip Man was only average (IMO) as far as martial art movies go...you really should check out Donnie Yen and Jet Li's older movies from the 90's. 

Iron Monkey, Fist of Legend, just to name a few..

Mar 4, 2011 at 8:08 AM Post #7,556 of 24,635
#1-MEGAMIND

I agree with the previous posters on this one, for the most part.  Couple of laugh-out-loud moments but was actually a dark comedy. I got it for my kids but most of the humor was over their heads.  It was nothing like I expected.

6/10 for me. 

BEER FOR MY HORSES.  3/10.  With Toby Keith, Rodney Carrington and Ted Nugent as part of the main cast had to try it.  Typical do-gooder cops break all the rules but save the day without getting into any trouble for their illegal actions. Wont' ever watch it again.

Mar 4, 2011 at 9:48 AM Post #7,558 of 24,635
Quote:
Ip Man was only average (IMO) as far as martial art movies go...you really should check out Donnie Yen and Jet Li's older movies from the 90's. 

Iron Monkey, Fist of Legend, just to name a few..

Not sure if I have seen or not, but I will check them out
smile.gif

Average, IMO, was Ip Man 2. The original is on a different level.

Mar 4, 2011 at 1:15 PM Post #7,559 of 24,635
Proglover:
Tron Legacy 6+

Mediocre story, but looks great. Mildly entertaining, but not more then that.

I was so excited for the movie. Then it arrived. Then the reviews followed, and I postponed. Finally I spent one U.S. dollar for it yesterday. That was a good market value for commodity filmaking. All the warning signs were there.The script has been handled a lot, even made a stop to Brad Bird at Pixar. The big D brought in a relatively obscure director. In other words, someone they could control and cut without any hassle; what a complete waste. Pretty though, I might pick up the BD just to watch with the volume down. 5/10; Movie - 0/10; S/E - 10/10

Mar 4, 2011 at 6:55 PM Post #7,560 of 24,635
Quote:

The Man From Nowhere - 10/10 - Add Leon the Professional and Taken together then multiply by 2.... million
biggrin.gif

I'll have to check those out, thanks. But... better than Leon the Professional? That would have to be the most awesome movie ever.

I haven't seen anything lately but I'm really looking forward to Sucker Punch, even if it's not as good as I hope, at least it will look awesome.

Also, somewhat interested in The Adjustment Bureau, no matter how much it reminds me of a Dark City ripoff.

/eh, just learned that 'Bureau' is based off a short story by Philip K Dick, I take back my disrespectful comment, R.I.P. Philip.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back