Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Feb 25, 2011 at 3:11 PM Post #7,531 of 24,633
Limits of Control 8.4/ 10

Bloody gobstopper brilliant. The first IMDB review says it's modern Last Year at Marienbad. Yes, yes it is. It's on HBO.

Too slow for the slow. If Inception and Avatar are in your top ten, don't bother with this one.

Feb 26, 2011 at 4:31 AM Post #7,532 of 24,633
Dinner for Schmucks - 8/10

Not necessarily funny through and through, but definitely had 5-6 good gut busters.  One of my favorites was early in the movie when Tim and Barry first meet: Tim runs over him with his Boxster.  And pretty much the first words out of Barry's mouth after he gets up is, "Is that a Porsche?!?"

The other asset of this movie... Stephanie Szostak.  Wow. 
rolleyes.gif

Feb 26, 2011 at 4:40 PM Post #7,533 of 24,633

Quote:

Nice!  I would love to see that biopic.  Check out 'The Assignment' w/ Aidan Quinn, Donald Sutherland and Ben Kingsley.  So many people have no knowledge foreign and intl affairs its sad.  Since we are on the IR/National Security slant I'll toss a few out:

Body of Lies
Traitor
The Assignment
Hunt for Red October
Patriot Games
Clear and Present Danger
JSA (Korean)
Ronin
L'Affaire Farewell
Charlie Wilson's War
Spy Game
The Good Sheperd
The Lives of Others

Don't see this crap:

Babel
Green Zone
Syriana

Wow you just dissed two superb movies. Babel is just about a 10/10. Syriana isn´t bad either. 

Just watched High Lane... If it wasn´t for unnecessary cleavage hunting on Chloe. Which goes mounting climbing in a top that doesn´t conceal anything and doesn´t wear a bra it would be a 10/10.
I have seen most movies in this genre never thought I would get such drawn in to it since you can just about guess what will happen next. A lot in this genre is crap but this was just as good as the Descent. Just superb on every level.

Feb 27, 2011 at 1:07 AM Post #7,536 of 24,633
brothers. - 6.5/10  -  this is the marine sent off to war movie with nataile portmann, jake gylanall, and whats his name from spiderman... im sure i spelled all their names wrong.

for the first 45ish minutes i was groaning at the horrible acting, script, and generally everything about this movie.  I probabluy would have shut it off if there werent others watching with me.  The acting certainly improved, but not much else.   While certainly not a movie to watch if you need a pick me up, it did have a pretty impactful message.   Certainly not bad, but not so great either.

I would say more but i dont like giving away anything about a movies plot when I talk about it, and you cant talk about this movie without giving away too much

Feb 27, 2011 at 2:58 AM Post #7,538 of 24,633

Quote:
True Grit (2010) - 7.6/10 

Meh, nothing to write home about. Jeff Bridges was good. The script was good. But that was about it. 

Awe, the girl was better than Jeff IMO.  

Feb 27, 2011 at 3:11 AM Post #7,540 of 24,633

Quote:

she was pretty good but wasn't believable. maybe because she looked to clean? 

She was from the city but I know what you mean.  Perhaps just a bit too sharp and wise in the ways of the world?  The most unbelievable for me was Matt Damon.  I think a bit more attention to detail, refinement and a harder hand involved w/ directing could have really elevated the movie to the next level.   

Mar 1, 2011 at 9:43 AM Post #7,541 of 24,633
Due Date - 8/10. not that funny, maybe i am expecting something like The Hangover, but its nice. lol

Mar 1, 2011 at 3:58 PM Post #7,543 of 24,633
I watched Megamind the other day and I genuinely felt that it wasn't too shabby. A few heavy laugh out loud moments, but there are several parts where the undertone becomes heavily mature (emotionally, not explicit) and although it's often depressing when the mood shifts like that, it makes me happy that we've reached a point where high budget North American animated films aren't just aimed at children any more and that an adult can go out and have fun with the wild ride of emotional fluctuation within an hour and a half.

7/10

Mar 1, 2011 at 10:16 PM Post #7,545 of 24,633
I just re-watched Funny Games a couple days ago. Many people don't really like this because they don't understand what the message behind it is. It's supposed to be very violent. It's quite fun nevertheless. If you liked A Clockwork Orange maybe you will like this too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back