Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Sep 7, 2010 at 12:45 AM Post #6,317 of 24,686
Firefly & Serenity - 9 / 10 - Hoooo man. I flew through Firefly this past week and thoroughly (and surprisingly) enjoyed that series and thus my last stop was Serenity. It's pretty much a two hour Firefly epilogue, so if you haven't seen the series, one can only speculate on certain things, which may be a lot to process. Again, the movie plays out like a long episode and only has brief moments of a theatrical feel and the rest more like a high budget TV show. Acting is excellent, twists are interesting and the ending was very emotional, not only due to events in the story, but the looming fact that they're probably never going to bring this series back.

I was very, very impressed with this series even though I do not like your average Sci-Fi shows or films.

Sep 7, 2010 at 9:22 AM Post #6,322 of 24,686
Die Hard 2 - 3.5/4

Love this movie and it's one of my favorite action movies. I've seen this dozens of times and never get sick of it. I even prefer it over the original, which is also good.
Part 3 is just average to me. Part 4 is not horrible, but close. The Blu-ray has some amazing picture quality though.

I'm also in the middle of "Pearl Harbor". This movie by far has some of the worst dialogue ever written for a movie. Luckily some of the action scenes are done well. At least they look good.
I think Ben Affleck should stick to being a director, which he seems to be good at.

Home Alone 2 - 2/4

The first Home Alone is one of my favorite movies. I first saw it in the theaters when I was a kid and have watched it every year since and i've always liked it.
The sequel was just a rip off of the first and it's as if they didn't want to change much. It's probably wrong to say this, but Macaulay Culkin is a very, very bad actor in this movie.
I know he's just a kid, but it felt like he was just reading lines from a script.

Sep 7, 2010 at 8:10 PM Post #6,325 of 24,686

Quote:
did anyone see dinner with schmucks?  seems like the buzz died quickly on that movie...

Yeah it was better than I thought it would be.  My expectations were about as low as you can get though.  7.25/10  I'm feeling nice today.

Sep 8, 2010 at 12:38 PM Post #6,327 of 24,686
Black Dynamite 11/10

OMG! This movie is genious! This movie probaply goes over the heads of many people, but those who get it will be in for a treat! It is a very self concious parody of the old 70's blaxsploitation movies. Movie is intentionally bad in its apparent "seriousness" and thats why it is so awesome, and not to mention the endless supply of quotable lines. LMAO!
wink.gif

Oh, remember that this movie is still R-rated being sort of pseudoexploitation movie and all so expect to see few titties couple of times, though all of it is in tongue in the cheek fashion like the whole darn movie. No excess gore though.

Sep 8, 2010 at 3:27 PM Post #6,328 of 24,686

Quote:
Black Dynamite 11/10

OMG! This movie is genious! This movie probaply goes over the heads of many people, but those who get it will be in for a treat! It is a very self concious parody of the old 70's blaxsploitation movies. Movie is intentionally bad in its apparent "seriousness" and thats why it is so awesome, and not to mention the endless supply of quotable lines. LMAO!
wink.gif

Oh, remember that this movie is still R-rated being sort of pseudoexploitation movie and all so expect to see few titties couple of times, though all of it is in tongue in the cheek fashion like the whole darn movie. No excess gore though.

Saw the trailer ROFL.  Have you seen I'm Gonna Git you Sucka?

Excerpts 
tongue.gif

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=N-1C6QlvHl8

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=KNQRqAoT-2c&feature=related

Sep 8, 2010 at 7:03 PM Post #6,329 of 24,686

Quote:
Black Dynamite 11/10

wink.gif

Boss Ni*ger was also great of that genre, me and my friends have created a drinking game around the movie.

Just watched Equilibrium - 8.4/10

Fans of V for Vendetta will love this movie. Could have been developed a bit further, if the "bad guy" from serenity had played in this movie, it would've been awesome.

Sep 8, 2010 at 8:00 PM Post #6,330 of 24,686
Watched Bronson with some mates this evening. Meh, we didn't finish it.

So after that failure of a film we watched.... Horton! 6.5/10; enjoyable little film.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back