Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Apr 9, 2023 at 5:19 PM Post #24,196 of 24,670
Great film, recommended

Rod Sterling, a genius. I'm a big fan of the original The Twilight Zone. So innovative for it's time.

This is such a badazz intro. I'd add this intro as one of the best quotes ever. Where did this come from?! How does this happen at a time he was in? It boggles my mind.

I luv it when he shows up

Last edited:
Apr 10, 2023 at 7:46 AM Post #24,197 of 24,670
Atlanta Disney plus 2016-2022

donald glover, this isn’t america, childish gambino, shines in this gritty take on rap industry, making americas dreams real, when it all seems unreal. A great cast and good writing keep its story evolving. You can get lost in this. 4 puffs out of 5, more of a blunt style tho

Last edited:
Apr 12, 2023 at 8:32 AM Post #24,199 of 24,670
The menu Disney plus 2022

my reviews have been vague on purpose, no spoilers from me, nope. So I take my own advice and at times watch a movie cold. Well with the menu, I didn’t see that coming. Wow, sure Ana taylor joy brings good acting if not slight bug eyed supermodel looks to the film and her “skins” partner. so yes the sardonic natures of fine dining will be discussed until….4 puffs out of 5, just for the what?

Apr 16, 2023 at 12:30 PM Post #24,200 of 24,670
I saw the first episode and part of second of Beef, and I thought the show wasn't anything great as hyped up to be. Pretty avg episodes and unfortunately, it's what I expected based on the trailer. It keeps you engaged for anticipating what will happen next, but it's nothing new to me. Acting is ok. Steven Yuen is very good like always, but the others, they are just ok. I'm not a fan of the casting other than Steven. Generally, I don't find that the characters are made that well. Dialog is pretty standard, not great. No interest in pursuing additional episodes.

I'll probably just get back on Succession. Lots of hype with Season 4. I found season 3 slow, but will see how good season 4 is.

Last edited:
Apr 22, 2023 at 8:51 AM Post #24,202 of 24,670
Amsterdam 2022 Disney plus

rocket cast, fantastic wardrobes and sets, well written in neo sophistic speak, a comedy, thriller, docu combo that really departs from the average dramas and superhero stuff coming out of late. Sure the maga parallels of coup plots, deception, by powerful few are clear. And why not, usa biggest internal threat in 50 years has evolved, with the voters help. So great parallel arc. Not sure why this scored so low, except irate ultra magas but I doubt they watch this from their media silos. 4 puffs out of 5 , worth the sit

Apr 24, 2023 at 7:13 AM Post #24,203 of 24,670
Legion 2019 Disney plus

not familiar with marvel, so this series caught me right off guard. Mental illness, parallel universe, memory blocks, schizophrenia or prodigy lead to believe that he’s crazy. Sound confusing? It might be but also many shades of perfect. Well acted, entertaining arc, who knows where it ends up. 4 out of 5 puffs.

Last edited:
Apr 24, 2023 at 5:44 PM Post #24,204 of 24,670
Legion 2019 Disney plus

not familiar with marvel, so this series caught me right off guard. Mental illness, parallel universe, memory blocks, schizophrenia or prodigy lead to believe that he’s crazy. Sound confusing? It might be but also many shades of perfect. Well acted, entertaining arc, who knows where it ends up. 4 out of 5 puffs.

X-Men my dude! Professor X's son Legion. Great show - same people behind a couple other shows with similar vibe. Loved Legion - pretty good rep of Schizo.

Apr 25, 2023 at 4:39 PM Post #24,205 of 24,670
Stumptown 2020 disney plus

well loaded up a new playlist, and came upon this gem. Colby smuders laying down a new charecter, bad ass, rough edge, P.I. Gets looped into working unusual casework, non copable projects to close out for cash, or no. Too bad I googled will there be a season 2, had potential.

4 puffs for the acting drama, like the robot dude mike ealy as well

Apr 25, 2023 at 7:31 PM Post #24,206 of 24,670
BEEF -10/10 (Netflix)

I was looking forward to this since Steven Yuen's character in The Walking Dead was one of my favorites.
Plus I realized also how good his acting could be when I saw him in "Burning".
In Beef, it's some of his best acting by far.

The show itself takes awhile to get good, but the show keeps getting better and better the more you watch it.
I think it's one that I might end up re-watching in a year or so.
PS there is one weak episode. It's the one in Vegas.
Also, it's part comedy, but honestly it's not that funny. I guess more just amusing and not actually funny?
Despite the subject matter, a few episodes actually put me in a good mood.
It's really a very entertaining show and not always drama overload.
I can't think of any other shows like it really.

This series was awesome.

Steven Yuen is such an underrated actor.

That part where the crow says, "That dude fed me this one time..." had me dieing laughing.

David Choe is a surprisingly good actor btw.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2023 at 1:59 PM Post #24,208 of 24,670
Evil Dead Rise: 9/10.
Near perfection with a couple of very small clumsy moments in the last ten minutes or so, that a casual viewer probably wouldn't even notice. I was gushing after I walked out of the cinema, it was soooooo good. Best depiction of Deadites since the first two films of the original trilogy. Even better, in fact... properly evil. Real evil. Best depiction of Deadites ever.

Apr 27, 2023 at 8:56 AM Post #24,209 of 24,670
Extraordinary 2022 Disney plus

so what if you lived in a world where everyone gets a superpower on their 18th birthday. But you won’t know what power, it could be anything, from cum man, to pooping out toy soldiers, walking through walls, turn back time, let the dead talk through you to the old time romantic, flying or super strength. Well except the main charecter who’s 24 and hasn’t got her powers yet.

4.25 puffs out of 5 for hilarious content where you’d think society would tear itself apart with these powers but somehow doesn’t. Brilliant

May 1, 2023 at 12:52 AM Post #24,210 of 24,670
Legion 2019 Disney plus

I loved Legion. It's one of the most unique and wonderful shows I've ever watched. It's almost at the level of Breaking Bad for me.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back