Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 4, 2023 at 10:03 AM Post #24,211 of 24,670
I know the new Guardians movie will reveal the back story of Rocket, who is a great character, like all the others in the movies, but I like to see more of Cosmo. I like the character. Cosmo and Rocket has good dynamics here.

May 4, 2023 at 1:21 PM Post #24,212 of 24,670
Mandalorian 2022 Disney plus

I prefer to call it mando and baby yoda, yedi but I’m a puffin so. This series stands on its own, sure you want to watch it in order. I’m done season 1, but each episode is a complete mini movie, well written, great visuals, good fight scenes, and Mando’s armour, muah, to die for. Now is this yoda? Nope. Is this after the death stars obliteration, yup. But it’s like the empire knows this, Din Grogu must be assassinated Or syphoned. Evil dude from breaking bad is a perfect nemesis. Load up the bong, it’s good for 4.5 puffs out of five. Better than phantom menace, I have spoken.

Last edited:
May 8, 2023 at 7:20 PM Post #24,215 of 24,670
May 9, 2023 at 4:56 PM Post #24,216 of 24,670
The real question is why does Matt Damon make everything suck?
He's in the movie 'Air' as well. I think he's alright, it's just that he's cheapened due to seeing him on everything.

Regarding 'Air,' I already know about the basics, and kinda interested. Phil Knight, the lucky SOB. I grew up with Nike Air, Jordans, etc.. One of the greatest advertising story.

If you see Jordan play as a rookie, you know why he worked so well. And the word 'Air' attached to him. lol I feel like he presence made basketball an art. He made it more than a sport.

This guy was the designer of the top shoes
https://www.nicekicks.com/tinker-hatfields-30-greatest-footwear-designs/

IMO, Jordan 6 infrareds were the best designed Jordan. Hatfield's signature design looks are in it. There's some of Huarache in the design.

Last edited:
May 9, 2023 at 5:24 PM Post #24,217 of 24,670

May 12, 2023 at 9:44 PM Post #24,218 of 24,670
Guardians of the Galaxy Vol. 3 - 7.5/10

Was ok, not great. All the good humor was in the previews. Not enough humor like the first two. It turned into another Avengers flick. Just a spectable, lacking souls of what the first two were. Guardians just gets worse as you get further down the series. I guess James Gunn has reached the old boring age of reduced creativity.

Guardians is great when scenes like this comes up

I realized it was Rocket that made the dynamics of the scenes. Just great dynamics with Quill.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 11:03 AM Post #24,219 of 24,670
Peter Pan and Wendy 2023 Disney plus

look enough puffs and everything will be alright? Right? Well not so much in Peter Pan. Interesting directing, but some how gravitates to meh, with little chemistry between characters, a sultry lead in Peter Pan leading to personality disorder explanation as opposed to good versus evil. Let’s just stop here what could be an endless critique of the well known fable redux. 2.5 puffs out of 5

May 13, 2023 at 12:40 PM Post #24,220 of 24,670
He's in the movie 'Air' as well. I think he's alright, it's just that he's cheapened due to seeing him on everything.

Regarding 'Air,' I already know about the basics, and kinda interested. Phil Knight, the lucky SOB. I grew up with Nike Air, Jordans, etc.. One of the greatest advertising story.

Air - 8.5/10

I really enjoyed this one. I would score higher, but I would refrain from doing so out of emotion. They executed the story well, I was engaged the whole time. Perhaps, I'm just really interested in Jordan and his stories. lol I've seen all his docs.

It's definitely and interesting story about business and world of advertising.

Last edited:
May 13, 2023 at 7:19 PM Post #24,221 of 24,670
Chimp Empire - 10/10 (Netflix)

A must see. It almost feels like a CGI action movie in the "Apes" series, but it's all real.
You get to see actual chimps go to "war" over food sources.
It's funny how much humans act like them. You see it a lot in sports and in TV shows like "The Walking Dead" etc (Remember the conflict between Shane and Rick?).
The person who co-directed "My Octopus Teacher" also was involved with this movie. That film is a must see too and one of the best documentaries ever made.
I just wish I could buy it on Blu-Ray! A lot of my family members and friends still don't do any streaming and can't watch it.

No Escape - 8/10 (1994)

An old Ray Liotta action movie. I think it's sort of a hidden gem in a way. Not great, but pretty close. It really did terrible at the box office and it didn't deserve to do so poorly. I really liked the cast and all it's characters. I've seen this at least 4 times. The DVD of it is pretty terrible and if I remember right has it's widescreen in a 4X3 box!
I think there is a blu-ray of it. In the movie the events take place in the future...2022!
BTW for being an action film it's pretty gory. Even more so than something like Die Hard. Not quite Total Recall/Robo Cop level though.

The Glass Castle - 7/10

Woody Harrelson movie about a seriously dysfunctional family. Actually I don't think I could call the whole family that. Just the dad who has a drinking problem and makes everyone around him miserable. The movie is not much fun obviously and just kind of a chore to sit through. I'm surprised I made it to the end.

Hillbilly Elegy - 8.5/10

Another about a dysfunctional family. This one is actually very good! Perfect acting by everyone. I actually only watched this because it was directed by Ron Howard. I was glad I did. Worth watching for sure. I really liked the grandmother in this one. She never did the right thing most of the time, but that's OK. Much easier to watch than Glass Castle for sure.

AIR - 9/10 ("Free" on Prime FYI).

I almost didn't watch this. Like why would I want to watch a movie about Nike signing Michael Jordan? Really everything about this is near perfect. Enjoyed it from start to finish. It really felt like everyone on the crew gave 110% and this was the result. The only time I've seen that is in TV shows like "Better Call Saul". I also like the retro look too. Reminded me of the TV series "Halt and Catch Fire" (which is a must see).

I somehow wish everyone who was involved in this movie could return and make something else. Maybe a TV show?

Yes, the story here is nothing special and I'm OK with that.
Oh and Matt Damon did great here :)
Ben Affleck had the funniest role IMO.

May 13, 2023 at 7:22 PM Post #24,222 of 24,670
AIR - 9/10 ("Free" on Prime FYI).

I almost didn't watch this. Like why would I want to watch a movie about Nike signing Michael Jordan? Really everything about this is near perfect. Enjoyed it from start to finish. It really felt like everyone on the crew gave 110% and this was the result. The only time I've seen that is in TV shows like "Better Call Saul". I also like the retro look too. Reminded me of the TV series "Halt and Catch Fire" (which is a must see).

I somehow wish everyone who was involved in this movie could return and make something else. Maybe a TV show?

Yes, the story here is nothing special and I'm OK with that.
Oh and Matt Damon did great here :)
Ben Affleck had the funniest role IMO.
I need to change my score to a 9 also. It's a well made movie. Acting was great. Music, the camera work. Everything worked.

I recall Judy Blume books. She's a good storyteller

It's the fudge series I recall
sf.jpg

Last edited:
May 15, 2023 at 12:34 AM Post #24,223 of 24,670
Not a real movie but I'd watch it if they made it.

The running scene... lol.

May 16, 2023 at 1:37 PM Post #24,225 of 24,670
The Super Mario Bros. Movie - 8/10

Fun movie. If you grew up with Mario, you'd have a good time with this one. I see why audience score is much higher than critics. Are the critics old fogies that never played Mario? I enjoyed this way more than the newest Toy Story.

1684258958423.png
1684259010801.png

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back