Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 17, 2023 at 1:07 PM Post #24,226 of 24,690
Raya and the last dragon 2021 Disney plus

my partner and I had a hoot watching this. Feel good for the soul, the world isn’t as dark and evil as it seems. 3.75 puffs out of 5. Dragons for ever

May 17, 2023 at 9:48 PM Post #24,227 of 24,690
Sisu 5.71

May 19, 2023 at 12:24 AM Post #24,228 of 24,690
Dungeons & Dragons: Honor Among Thieves - 7.5/10

Metacritic's user score is about right. It's not great, but not bad either. It seems like an Avengers movie, but in a fantasy genre. Story is a little better and very easy to follow. It's not terribly boring where you want to tune it off at times.

I got pulled into this movie because the creators were the ones behind the movies, 'Horrible bosses' and 'Game night' which I enjoyed.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 1:08 AM Post #24,229 of 24,690
Super Mario Brothers - 7.5/10

Did you play any Mario games in the past? Do you like Nintendo? If so, I think you'll enjoy this one. While there are several tropes you might have seen in other films and stories, the makers did a great job to tug the nostalgia strings, with references from almost every other Mario game. Animations were done really well, as was the voice acting. A nice homage and way to bring the Mario origin story to the film format. Recommended (if you enjoy the Mario universe)!

May 19, 2023 at 6:41 AM Post #24,230 of 24,690
Halestrom 2020 Disney plus

a weird world where evil spirits exists, certain genetic predisposition to channeling meta powers, turns a family into victims/ detectives/ protectors/ villains? At times it can be predictable but this is well acted, lots of drama intrigue, visuals and horror are not over gratuitous but heavily effective. I’d get close to 4 puffs out of 5 but somehow, it just falls a tad short. Worth to check out tho.

Last edited:
May 19, 2023 at 9:46 PM Post #24,232 of 24,690
Suzume no Tojimari - 8.5/10

I enjoyed this one. I wanted to experience Makoto Shinkai movie in the theatre, and I feel that it was a better experience than I imagined in the big screen. Maybe it was the theatre experience enhanced my liking of the film. This one really clamps down on how japanese romance stories generally do not have a transition period. lol It's very abrupt. 'I like you,' and that's it. They don't seem to develop the attraction. So, certain scenes comes off kinda abrupt/awkward.

I liked the scene with the jpop classics played

Last edited:
May 20, 2023 at 6:20 AM Post #24,233 of 24,690
That's a pretty high puff praise for something that falls short. How short? :D
I’m not sure why this didn’t turn out better, it’s slight predictability mixed with many initial plots that don’t intersect. It tries, there’s a villain that developed at the end of season one, with a plot twist. The twist doesn’t intersect with what was happening. Maybe season two fixes it up, but seeing as no season 3, does it. But the concept, acting, does seem impressive.

May 22, 2023 at 9:36 AM Post #24,235 of 24,690
Dr strange in the multi verse of madness 2022 Disney plus

madness is cumberbatch in a pony tail, what the frack. Cool one eyed monster, relatable side kick, loud. For the visuals and tension of evil 4 puffs, everything else, meh 3.75 puffs. And I never noticed how far apart Benedict’s eyes are, I digress. Good for a hoot of multi verse

Last edited:
May 22, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #24,236 of 24,690
My Small Land -

I see Hirokazu Koreeda's influence in this film. Directed by his former assistant, Emma Kawawada, as her directorial debut. I like these styles of films.

I give this 8.25 out of 10 after finishing it. Sad movie. Great cinematography, and acting. Daiken Okudaira is very good actor more I see his performance. Lina Arashi is great as well.

image.jpg

May 24, 2023 at 4:01 PM Post #24,237 of 24,690
Sisu

Magnificent action movie. Straight 10/10
The movie Tarantino wished he had made.

May 25, 2023 at 3:22 AM Post #24,238 of 24,690
Jurassic World: Dominion - 5/10

Not as bad as the last one. This one at least has some entertainment value. It's definitely not boring and i'd rather see this than a super-hero movie.
The problem I had is that the acting is just so awful by nearly everyone. It's as if all forgot to act.
Maybe they actually had to act without actually being on the set together. Wouldn't be surprised if that happens these days.
So many scenes that were just unintentionally funny because of how bad they were.

Captain Phillips - 10/10

Somehow I don't remember it being this good. Some seriously suspenseful and even sad parts towards the end.
How did Tom Hanks not even get nominated for this.
I think I should probably just go ahead and buy the blu-ray of this.
This is only my second time seeing this I think.

Leon the Professional - 9/10

I enjoyed this and probably haven't seen this since I was 13 or 14 (now 43!)
I had the misfortune of seeing this with my family. My very religious mom had a strict no R-rating rule.
The other movie was sold out so we saw this. My mom asked the ticket booth person if it was gory/violent and they were like "It's not too bad!" (!!).
Turns out it was the most violent/graphic movie out that year by far I think. Lots of blood and shooting people in the face.
Netflix now puts a "Classic Movies" label on this movie and that makes me feel really old.
90s movies are "Classic Movies" these days? What the heck.

Other Stuff:

I also watched "Breaking Bad" 1-5 yet again. I've come to the conclusion that Season 4 is the best. Season 3 is the worst.
I hate the last half of Season 5. There I said it. Don't hate me!
For me it's like inflicting pain on myself and I even fast forward the scenes with Jessie in his cell etc.
It's really strange how some people seriously consider Mike as some sort of good guy.
He's every bit as bad as Walt and Gus. He's killed a lot of innocent people in the past.
My biggest complaint for the series overall is that the pacing is really bad.
Some episodes in Season 4 just feel sooooo pointless and drag on and on.
So many stupid scenes with marie and her shoplifting thing.
I also refuse to watch the pointless group therapy scenes.
Hank is one of my favorite characters, but he's really an a-hole to nearly everyone.
By far the stupidest character in the show. There were so many clues as to who Heisenburg was and yet he never once suspected Walt.
It's interesting how Walt doesn't seem to blame himself for causing Hank's death and somehow it's all Jessie's fault.
Jimmy does the same thing in Better Call Saul when you know who dies. Jimmy refuses to put the blame on himself and instead blames Howard.
Howard was one of the few really good people in that show.
Anyway, all the flaws and all my nit-picks about Breaking Bad are fixed in Better Call Saul.
As a whole, Breaking Bad 1-5 would get an 8.5/10. BCS 1-6 a 10/10. Season 6 is the worst BY FAR IMO.
BCS just flies by for me. I love every minute of it.

El Camino: A Breaking Bad movie - 8/10

I liked it.

Last edited:
May 26, 2023 at 9:42 PM Post #24,239 of 24,690
Heat - 4/10

One of the most overrated movies ever made.
Even to this day i'm hearing lots of people on twitter raving about this movie and I don't understand why.
It's supposedly "low key" but half the actors seem like they're half asleep or in sleep mode.
It's like most of the character ideas were borrowed from a dozen other crime dramas.
Such as "last job and i'm out!".

Nearly every single line of dialogue was like pure cringe for me. It's like how did they ever think this was good writing?
The family home scenes were so pointless and didn't add much to the story or add any real character development.
Al Pacino in this film was just like every other role he's been in. Always overacting here with his random shouting and kind of a parody of characters i've seen in other films.

Then the entire movie is just so pretentious. The final scene and it's overblown music was just ridiculous.
I remember one reviewer said years ago that they should have ended this movie a half hour earlier and they were right.

The only good thing about this is some pretty decent shoot-outs, especially the last one.

You want to watch something similar that's far far better and free? Check into the series "Bosch".
That actually has decent character development and a good script.

Another near perfect film to check out ... The Fugitive.

Oh and good luck trying to get through Heat in one sitting. It's pretty boring overall.

May 28, 2023 at 8:29 PM Post #24,240 of 24,690
Home 2 Home - 10/10

Just the kind of documentary I needed to see. A guy from Germany spends 2 1/2 or so years traveling around the world on his bike.
Currently on Netflix.

Roman Holiday - 5/10

A friend told me they loved Audrey Hepburn movies and that I should watch one.
This is my first one. I just couldn't get into it and found it somewhat boring and pointless.
I tried my best to enjoy it, but just couldn't. If I found the comedy funny I might have liked it a lot more.
I will try her other films "My Fairy Lady" and "Breakfast at Tiffany's". I'm sure those are much better.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back