Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Mar 9, 2023 at 6:18 AM Post #24,167 of 24,670
Cunk on earth netflix 2022

philomena cunk sums up our orbs existence in quirky cunkess observations that often cross the rhine of stupid irritation, sometimes strikes the odd nail if not squarely, askew and drives some common shared philosophy home. 3.75 puffs for the shats and gaggles

Mar 12, 2023 at 3:03 AM Post #24,168 of 24,670
I Don't Feel at Home in This World Anymore - 8.5/10

Loved this movie and was surprised how much I enjoyed it. It's actually very funny. Hard to believe that's really Elijah Wood!
I think it's one of those films that fell under the radar for many and it deserves to be seen.
My only complaint is that at the end there is some pretty excessive graphic violence. I'm talking like Robocop levels.
It felt so out of place really. Should have been toned down a little.

MH370: The Plane that Disappeared - 5/10

Let's hope this isn't going to be the norm for future Netflix documentaries.
This one gives way too much screentime to people who come up with crazy conspiracy theories.
Nonsense about how the American government could have brought down the plane due to it being filled with surveillance technology on it's way to China (!).
The movie is sort of entertaining, but really one of the worst ones i've seen in at least a year.

Some random new Netflix documentaries. I love ones about solving crimes as long as they're not too disturbing...

The Sons of Sam: A Descent into Darkness - 8/10

While watching this I had absolutely no clue that the killer had probably not acted alone.
And did you know he was involved in a satanic cult? Some of the stuff in here I just can't believe is most likely really true.
Just the idea of satanic cults really existing is a very scary thought. Even if what they believe in is just a bunch of non-sense.

Night Stalker: The Hunt for a Serial Killer - 9/10

Andor - 6/10

One of the most overrated TV shows ever made. Heard nothing but good things about this on Twitter. I think people just got paid for promoting it!
The first few episodes were pretty good, but then it just gets painfully boring. How also did they screw up a prison escape scene so badly...
The visuals are pretty amazing though. The movie seems so filler-filled. No really good ideas IMO.
At least the acting is pretty above average.

Mar 12, 2023 at 4:25 AM Post #24,169 of 24,670
Unforgotten season 5 - 7\10.
British police drama.I have followed this since the start and would suggest anyone interested should start from series one.Series 5 has a change of actor that makes watching earlier series a must.

Mar 13, 2023 at 8:51 PM Post #24,170 of 24,670
Night books Netflix 2021

krysten Ritter makes nightbooks, as well as the kids, from being too juvenile and campy, to a slightly scary, imaginative sorte into the realm of fantasy. Ok it’s just fun with an edge. 3.75 puffs for the lighthearted effort.

Mar 14, 2023 at 12:27 PM Post #24,171 of 24,670
For a sec I thought this lawyer would be 'Extraordinary Attorney Woo,' but not really. Interesting topics the show tackles.

'The Good Doctor' is based off this original show

I can see this one being remade in the US

Last edited:
Mar 16, 2023 at 10:15 AM Post #24,172 of 24,670
Luther the fallen sun Netflix 2023

Elba rocks, who doesn’t like Luther? Well on that basis the fake hair protagonist who has a serious narcissist disorder should be a slam dunk. And in some ways sure but it also devolves into soupy coagulation that loosens its grip on what could be an intense who done it err how do we catch it, movie. But sure it’s like a full season in a movie format, but hey you take Luther when you can get it. I’ll reach for 4 puffs out of 5, but subjective call. My wife liked it.

Mar 18, 2023 at 8:14 AM Post #24,173 of 24,670
The magicians elephant net flix 2023

one cant live by gun fu, bacterial pandemics, and zombie apocalypse alone. So if you’re taking a break, parking and puffing to some light hearted content, look no further. No harm we think, is done to any elephants!! The quirky animation pokes holes at the chaos and fear that keeps people apart, living there dreams, and coping with tough times and experiences. A tear up ending for 4 puffs out of 5, just cause it’s a cruel world.

Mar 21, 2023 at 8:45 AM Post #24,174 of 24,670
Promising young woman Netflix 2023

ouch, kaven NO aside. Who hasn’t witnessed something to this effect in their lives. A girl gets super wasted and taken advantaged off and humiliated as a result. You know it’s wrong and your charecter will be tested. Well here we go, an enigma at first, is she a psycho, or is this more calculated retribution. You mean it’s not just adolescent mishaps or collegiate hormones, that men continue this learned behavior and cover for these transgression? Strangely intriguing 3.75 puffs out of 5. Didn’t make 4 but nice play between vigilante, stalking,and revenge

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2023 at 9:43 AM Post #24,175 of 24,670
Murder mystery 2 Netflix 2023

ok this mash up comedy, murder mystery, rom com? Peddles a host of familiar refrain from a legit who done it. To a sad action flick. It’s ok for a laugh, a car chase, good for 3.5 puffs for Anniston fans of great complexion, everyone else, watch if you got nothing going on, I mean nothing

Mar 25, 2023 at 10:29 AM Post #24,176 of 24,670
The night agent Netflix 2023

ok another political espionage thriller, but in a saturated genre, a fresh simple take, with an edge. What makes an action thriller besides stunts, fight scenes, and action. Charecter development and like ability. This series has it all. it’s not a masterpiece but a good knockoff worth 4 puffs out of 5, enjoy. Frankly I’m not into usa chest pumping patriotism, this shy’s from that

Last edited:
Mar 26, 2023 at 3:51 PM Post #24,177 of 24,670
I watched Knock at the Cabin.

The wha??

It’s a very VERY heavy religious allegory. I wasn’t expecting that.

The flick is well made. The performances are all good. The cinematography is solid and it has a very good score. But it may not be to everyone’s taste given its overt religious message.

Mar 26, 2023 at 4:23 PM Post #24,178 of 24,670
Murder on the Orient Express (2017) - 7.75/10
Looking at critics' review show that the movie is not very favorable. Maybe it is because I haven't seen the earlier adaptation or even read the book by Agatha Christie, but I thoroughly enjoyed the movie. The sceneries were quite breathtaking--especially the part in Istanbul near the start of the movie. Piorot is such a quirky character that actually reminds me of a smart classmate I once had. Now, I do agree how the other major cast members like Johnny Depp, William Dafoe, or Penelope Cruz aren't given enough of a role. They don't say anything particularly interesting or memorable and the amount of screentime is minor. Still, I love Piorot's personality so much that I couldn't care. Now, who doesn't fancy a good mystery movie? The fun part is playing along to see if you could find the culprit. Usually, there is a surprise or a large twist. There definitely is. However, the twist is so twisty, that it is bizarre. I thought, yes, it could happen in real life. But, what are the chances? Other than it being highly unrealistic, it was a good watch. I recall watching it years ago and I have forgotten the whole story.

Apr 1, 2023 at 8:59 AM Post #24,179 of 24,670
Wellmania net flix 2023

well I’ll identify with this as I admit the sins of youth , at least until mid life, of I’ll live forever. Until you may have some palpitations and while hooked up to a heart monitor, the doc asks, tell me about your weekend, what are you eating and drinking? The self confession starts blindly, 30 beers and a quarter oz of hash, two pizzas and Chinese. Then the wrath of medical sobriety advice, I think you need to stop all that. That’s me tho, but I’m not alone.
Wellmania hits home, a lot more funny tho, Australian, but not that over the top, site gag stuff, just lol, of too funny. I’ll give it 3.75 puffs out of five, cause comedy series are tough to give high scores. But enjoy.

Last edited:
Apr 3, 2023 at 5:12 AM Post #24,180 of 24,670
Outlast - 6/10

Recent Netflix reality show that's similar to "Alone".
People team up in Alaska and have to survive together.
Any person that's left solo has to "tap out" if they can't find another team willing to take them in.

My problem with this show is that it's seems very very scripted, has drama overload and a couple of it's characters seem like actors (bad ones).
Halfway through the series it's no longer about survival, but just becomes a soap opera.

The series "Alone" is far better, but a lot less entertaining. At least it doesn't have the drama.

PS I'd say this series is about as realistic as "90 Days In".

Paths of Glory - 4/10

By far one of the worst war movies i've seen. The people in this movie seem more like caricatures.
The acting is just bad and some of it is just so bad you can't help but laugh at it.
I really can't think of many positive things to say about this movie.
I guess there is some pretty good cinematography.

F1: Drive to Survive (Season 5) - 5/10

By far the worst season. What the heck happened here?! Very little interesting happened in this season.
Nothing memorable at all. I think I gave all the previous seasons at least an 8.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back