Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 26, 2008 at 7:03 AM Post #2,207 of 24,690
HD version of "Independence Day", 9/10 I'd say.

Oct 26, 2008 at 8:40 AM Post #2,208 of 24,690
tropic thunder - 6/10

braveheart - it took me until now to finally see this movie, but.. first and last mel gibson movie i'm hoping to see. first 40minutes of the movie 9/10.

der untergang - 8.5/10, record for the most suicides in a single movie.

Oct 26, 2008 at 9:52 PM Post #2,211 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Indiana Jones and the Kingdom of the Crystal Skull - 7/10

Really? I disliked it alot, and assumed my opinion to be shared by all
devil_face.gif

Yeah, I was in a "happy" mood so Hot Fuzz, 8/10

Oct 26, 2008 at 10:59 PM Post #2,212 of 24,690
"Elizabeth: The Golden Age" [6.5/10] I usually like movies about British history. This movie seemed really disjointed to me. I think that they tried to cram too much history into a movie that was too short for the topic. I bet that a third of the movie ended up on the cutting room floor, or the producers just ran out of money...disappointing

Oct 29, 2008 at 8:37 AM Post #2,213 of 24,690
Little Children - 7/10 It's basically an on-screen literary novel. Unlike most attempts, though, it does as good a job at showing as it does telling, with the same subtleties in direction as literary work has in prose. Narration exists and is used very well, often for emphasis. It's generally not my kind of movie, but is exceptionally good. I could have enjoyed The Dreamers, with this kind of direction.

Alien - 10 Not that I haven't seen it before, but it's that time of year. It was my first time checking out the redone DVD release, though (not director's cut, so I'm still lacking a bit
smily_headphones1.gif
). There are a couple scenes where it is obvious that the creature is made of foam. Other than that, I can't find a flaw in it. Weylan Yutani Corp bastards, plausible use of android(s); I've seen it dozens of times and it still gets me on the edge of my seat... To think, there was a time when Ridley Scott was't telling youngins to get off of his lawn, and crying of society decaying (old people have been doing that since ancient Egypt, Mr. Scott). If you've seen or heard any recent interviews of him you probably know what I mean.

Oct 30, 2008 at 3:36 AM Post #2,214 of 24,690
Tropic Thunder: 9/10. Haven't laughed like that in a long while. Best Tom Cruise role ever. Wow, this movie is excruciatingly hilarious.

Oct 30, 2008 at 8:19 AM Post #2,215 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by Samjones /img/forum/go_quote.gif
Really? I disliked it alot, and assumed my opinion to be shared by all
devil_face.gif

Yeah, I was in a "happy" mood so Hot Fuzz, 8/10

yeah it was ok, i am not a fan of the indiana franchise you see, and therefore probably had no great deep wants or expectations, i always watch the indie series as light shallow entertainment and found the new one to be quite good in that regard

sorry i didnt share your universally shared opinion!
tongue.gif

just watched hostel for the first time - 8/10

Oct 31, 2008 at 1:41 AM Post #2,217 of 24,690
In Bruges - 8.5/10. Several others on this thread has already rated it highly and I must agree that this is a must see.

Oct 31, 2008 at 9:55 AM Post #2,219 of 24,690
Saw V - Maybe a 6/10.

Not my kind of thing. I had seen the first two, but gave up after that. The GF seemed to like it much more than I did, but she's a fan of the series.

I thought it was highly predictable now that the formula-matic pattern has been established. I guess they see the whole Saw thing as a cash cow and don't feel any particular need to change anything. Yawn.

Oct 31, 2008 at 12:32 PM Post #2,220 of 24,690
Quote:

Originally Posted by hew /img/forum/go_quote.gif
In Bruges - 8.5/10. Several others on this thread has already rated it highly and I must agree that this is a must see.

Agreed, and also, IMHO, a belleweather for judging the rater's other selections.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back