Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Oct 31, 2008 at 2:52 PM Post #2,222 of 24,678
Iron Man: I finally got around to watching it because a fellow employee brought it along with him this time to work. It was a rather entertaining film and better than a large range of the existing super-hero flicks, but I still gotta go with The Dark Knight over this one: 9/10

Oct 31, 2008 at 3:04 PM Post #2,223 of 24,678
Just recently watched Equilibrium. 8/10.

Cyberpunk is a dying genre, but this film is good stuff. Of course it won't supplant Blade Runner or A Scanner Darkly, but it's a good entry nonetheless.

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:38 AM Post #2,228 of 24,678
Quote:

Originally Posted by Quaddy /img/forum/go_quote.gif
a scanner darkly - 5/10 (i guess i have been clean for too long!)

Yes, totally agree on this one. 5/10 may even be to much
popcorn.gif

Nov 2, 2008 at 2:17 PM Post #2,231 of 24,678
Finally watched Ironman on DVD and it was great.

Even my girlfriend enjoyed the movie, she`s the kind that only appreciate romantic comedy, or all movies with happy ends
regular_smile .gif

Ironman 9/10

Nov 2, 2008 at 5:41 PM Post #2,232 of 24,678
I finally seen Gattaca and i thought it was one of the most inspirational and moving movies i've ever seen. It takes alot for a movie to get under my skin but that movie really made me think about how our children will live there lives and how things will be for them. This is one of those movies that isn't filled with action or crazy effect but great acting and a amazing story. This movie makes up for what it lack in something not many films have done...In emotion pure honest emotion it goes down as one of the best movies i've ever seen and thats saying something.

I can't say a fault for Gattaca its just very well made 10/10

Nov 2, 2008 at 9:47 PM Post #2,234 of 24,678
Transsiberian Express. Ben Kingsley en Woody Harrelson sound like a good combo, but trust me, they aren't. This train is going nowhere. Nowhere you want to be at least.

Nov 3, 2008 at 5:00 PM Post #2,235 of 24,678
Dawn of the Dead (1978) - 7/10 2004 is OK, but can't stand up to the oldie.

Manchurian Candidate - 8/10 Serious, suspenseful, yet almost campy (that sentiment is probably due to not living through the height of the Cold War). Very nicely done. I have not seen the remake, nor do I intend to.

Two Days in the Valley - 10/10 I'd been meaning to see this for some time. A heartwarming and hilarious tale of a hit man and his sort of buddies. I loved it. It's one of the best cast movies I've ever seen. Teri Hatcher's natural hot body but sexuality-free demeanor could not have fit the character better, James Spader is a natural for the evil guy, Danny Aiello and Glenne Headly were a perfect pair, Charlize Theron was a great glam hoochie balance to Teri Hatcher, and pretty much everybody else was good, too.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back