Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Jun 17, 2018 at 4:07 AM Post #21,811 of 24,655
Dark Tower UHD

Image quality 10/10

movie 5/10. Based on reading the books this is a solid effort trying to make some sense of it but it´s just impossible to adapt to the movie screen particularly if you are trying to prepare for 25 sequels.

Jun 23, 2018 at 10:00 PM Post #21,814 of 24,655
WestWorld Season 1 (9/10)

cq5dam.web.1200.675.jpeg

Jun 26, 2018 at 7:00 AM Post #21,819 of 24,655
if this has evolved to include TV series, I've watched 3 episodes of Luke Cage's last season, and they have pushed the concept of music serving the story to an all new level. it's more of a long summer playlist with annoying people who talk from time to time over it or between 2 tracks. ^_^

Jun 27, 2018 at 3:08 AM Post #21,820 of 24,655
Black Panther...it was alright. I'm not really into the whole comic book movie thing but I liked the parts where they were talking about Wakanda and black people's relations with other countries. When they started punching and kicking and blowing things up, that was when I got bored.

Jun 28, 2018 at 4:57 PM Post #21,821 of 24,655
in a super accidental moment, I fell on Hong Kil Dong and the nostalgia it brought me was priceless. it's a movie I saw when I was maybe 10 or 11. for almost a full year I could every wednesday afternoon go see a movie by myself in the afternoon(mum would drop me and pick me up close to the theater. and of course I always picked martial art stuff anytime there was one which was almost always(kickass youth!). probably what later motivated me to make martial art my life style and follow that path all the way to a white belt in karate. :smile_cat:
anyway, I somehow remembered vividly many scenes of that movie all my life for some reason(the old guy planting a tree and having the kid jump over it as they both grow up... I swear I destroyed so many plants in the garden trying to jump over them after that). I tried many times to find this movie based on the story on the web, but I was looking for a Chinese or Japanese movie when this one came from Korea. so I really am happy I finally found it. and what gave me the answer is a silly GIF. knowledge comes in mysterious ways.

let's not lie, the all thing is super cheesy, and it was from before Korea discovered they could make their own style of cinema. they were clearly very glad to have a big zoom, and that's about it when it comes to technical or artistic skills. it's not worth more than 3 or 4 out of 10 for the random guy looking for a good movie. but it's a "famous" story, and the kid in me gave it 11/10 for the memories.

Jun 28, 2018 at 7:02 PM Post #21,822 of 24,655
in a super accidental moment, I fell on Hong Kil Dong and the nostalgia it brought me was priceless. it's a movie I saw when I was maybe 10 or 11. for almost a full year I could every wednesday afternoon go see a movie by myself in the afternoon(mum would drop me and pick me up close to the theater. and of course I always picked martial art stuff anytime there was one which was almost always(kickass youth!). probably what later motivated me to make martial art my life style and follow that path all the way to a white belt in karate. :smile_cat:
anyway, I somehow remembered vividly many scenes of that movie all my life for some reason(the old guy planting a tree and having the kid jump over it as they both grow up... I swear I destroyed so many plants in the garden trying to jump over them after that). I tried many times to find this movie based on the story on the web, but I was looking for a Chinese or Japanese movie when this one came from Korea. so I really am happy I finally found it. and what gave me the answer is a silly GIF. knowledge comes in mysterious ways.

let's not lie, the all thing is super cheesy, and it was from before Korea discovered they could make their own style of cinema. they were clearly very glad to have a big zoom, and that's about it when it comes to technical or artistic skills. it's not worth more than 3 or 4 out of 10 for the random guy looking for a good movie. but it's a "famous" story, and the kid in me gave it 11/10 for the memories.
Can you point out which one it was? I'm sure there has been numerous versions. I thought you were from France. They play Hong kil Dong at a movie theater in France?

Hong Kil Dong is like another version of Monkey King right?

Korean movies have come a long way.

Last edited:
Jun 28, 2018 at 8:13 PM Post #21,823 of 24,655
Can you point out which one it was? I'm sure there has been numerous versions. I thought you were from France. They play Hong kil Dong at a movie theater in France?

Hong Kil Dong is like another version of Monkey King right?

Korean movies have come a long way.
no nothing as fancy as the Monkey king story. this is it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0254387/
the movie is on youtube, so you can have a look and see how unimpressive it is ^_^.
as for when I saw this in theater, it was in Guyane where I lived for almost 3 years as a kid, not nowadays.

edit: wow it's from North Korea! lol. this movie is the surprise that keeps on giving.

Last edited:
Jun 29, 2018 at 12:19 PM Post #21,824 of 24,655
no nothing as fancy as the Monkey king story. this is it https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0254387/
the movie is on youtube, so you can have a look and see how unimpressive it is ^_^.
as for when I saw this in theater, it was in Guyane where I lived for almost 3 years as a kid, not nowadays.

edit: wow it's from North Korea! lol. this movie is the surprise that keeps on giving.
My mistake, I think Hong Kil Dong is like Robinhood, and Goku from Dragonball is based off of Monkey King.

That north Korean version doesn't look like how he is typically represented. Like this. He rides the cloud like Monkey King.

7045579.1.jpg

Last edited:
Jul 11, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #21,825 of 24,655
A Wrinkle in Time (2018) - 2/10

Easily the worst movie i've seen in several years. Somehow I made it to the very end.
Why did they waste 100 million on something this bad? You could at least have had decent acting in it.

Jurassic Park - 5/10

I actually find the entire movie boring and the acting is very annoying to me and not very realistic.
I like Lauren Dern in nearly everything she's done, but I can't stand her in this movie for some reason.

Jurassic Park 2 - The Lost World - 9/10

This was a huge surprise. I haven't seen this since 1998 and don't remember much of it at all.
Turns out I loved it after not having seen it for such a long time.
I was planning on watching part of it and then playing some video games, but we too entertained and kept watching it.
Back when I first saw it, nobody seemed to know who Vince Vaughn was! I never even knew he was in this until today.
I have to admit that I like Jeff Golbum as an actor too. Maybe that's why I like Independence Day so much.
He's been in a lot of my favorite movies.

BTW I found Part 3 and the one after that to be horrible. I don't think i'll be seeing the latest one.

I also just finished Season 8 of "The Walking Dead".
What a terrible season. Probably not going to happen, but I hope they bring back Dwight.
He was the only remotely interesting character in Season 8.
Season 8 isn't really terrible, but pretty close. I'd give it a record low of 7/10 overall.
I'll be watching Season 9, but I don't see it working without rick.
Daryl isn't much of a leader and Maggie is probably leaving the show.
She's also one of my least favorite characters along with Andrea (and Negan).
Hopefully they don't given Negan much screen time. I'm so sick of him!

Users who are viewing this thread

Back