Rate The Last Movie You Watched
May 25, 2018 at 8:11 PM Post #21,796 of 24,651
There is a percentil that can´t deal with stereoscopic vision which is one of the problem when marketing it of course. Like some puke because of VR :p

I have none of these issues whatsoever. I am curious if some that can´t deal with stereoscopic 3D on one panel would have the same issue in VR headsets with one panel for each eye and perfectly rendered 3D?
I can deal with 3D(if it was 3D that is). So fake. Just layers of 2D. Messes up the image.

May 25, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #21,797 of 24,651
BD450901-9638-4C7E-B119-2A5F719CAB5F.jpeg

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/View-Master

My childhood was full of 3D. Though you had both made-up 3D double parallax camera 3D, the stereo views of the Apollo rocket in 3D at night were mind blowing!

Last edited:
May 25, 2018 at 9:11 PM Post #21,799 of 24,651
If you take off those goggles, you see real 3D.

The Doctors could cross their eyes to read the images in 3D. Soon I learned the process of seeing all double images with no help from a viewer. If you watch the YouTube video, let you eyes superimpose the two images and it looks just like the Viewmaster.

May 25, 2018 at 9:14 PM Post #21,800 of 24,651
A8220283-CA11-4CF7-B929-E343792C36FF.jpeg
54AD0964-880A-40BB-A4CD-F4BCEE69D2FE.jpeg

Let’s not forget the 1890s when 3D really was mainstream entertainment!

May 28, 2018 at 6:26 AM Post #21,802 of 24,651
"The Tale" [10/10]: IMDB describes this incredibly thought-provking film perfectly. "This is one of the most honest, disturbing yet beautiful explorations of a subject that is all too often over-simplified or dealt with extremely heavy-handily. The way that the abuse is discussed within the characters frozen in time in the main character's psyche, is profound and unflinchingly honest. The discussions in real-life between mother and daughter - painfully real. I will be thinking about this film for some time to come, it is an invitation to look much more closely at the stories we tell ourselves, especially with regards to "love"." Though brief, John Heard's last performance before his death...Amazing filmmaking...

Last edited:
Jun 1, 2018 at 11:46 PM Post #21,803 of 24,651
Annihilation - 4/10

Majorly disappointed with this.
It's yet another movie that managed to make me not think or feel anything. Like my whole brain was unplugged the entire movie and nothing registered.
I somehow expected it to have some disturbing parts in it, but nothing that bad at all. Definitely not excessively gory.

I got to minute 55 and was surprised at how little happened in the movie. I think at one point I paused it for a few minutes and almost fell asleep.
The last 10-15 minutes were decent, but that's it.

The acting is also pretty bad. Sometimes it felt like all the actresses were half asleep the whole movie.
Didn't find any of it's characters interesting. Didn't care what happened to any of them.

Possibly the dullest and most lifeless movie i've seen in awhile. Made me just want to turn it off and go to sleep.

Solo Star Wars movie - 6/10

Found the "train" sequence one of the worst action scenes i've seen in awhile. Actually, during most of the action scenes I felt like I was just watching a "Transformers" movie.
Somehow I kept thinking the main character was Emile Hirsch while watching it. Don't ask me why, but he would have been a much better actor!
I sometimes find it amusing how politically correct all these Disney movies are. I won't go there.
At times I felt I was watching some propaganda film and was expecting them to convince me I should die for the greater good :k701smile:
Sorry, I've watched way too many old 1940s WWII films!

What the heck is with the storyline of the freeing the slaves and that female robot...
I'm afraid to even ask what Disney was thinking.

Jun 9, 2018 at 10:26 PM Post #21,804 of 24,651
Game Night (8.5/10)

Enjoyed this one very much. Fun plot, and liked the humor(hilarious). Reminds me of the first Scream in a way. Finally, something fun to watch with humor (is that too much to ask for? Does this generation have no sense of humor??). I wish Hollywood would provide more fun movies like this one. There's over-saturation of super hero/special effects (badly plotted Star Wars, etc..) with no substance. Boring... We need to see something different at times.

Rachel McAdams was really great in this one.

I'd say pretty original script (thank you Hollywood for doing something different for once), and I like the humor from how situations happen with normal people (how it was carried out was pretty creative). LOL.

I liked Horrible Bosses as well, hence I was interested in this one.

If you have a sense of humor, recommended. Don't watch the trailer (I don't know why they spoil the good parts with trailers now a days).

Game-Night-New-film-poster-768x1138.jpg

Last edited:
Jun 11, 2018 at 2:27 PM Post #21,807 of 24,651
The 15:17 to Paris - 3/10

I rented this because it's a Clint Eastwood movie and how bad could it be? I usually like his movies.
For this movie you get to hear about the main character's childhood and then you get an hour long boring tour of Europe by people who can't act.
Basically they could not have come up with a long enough movie about the actual event that took place so they just pad the running time with nonsense.

I'm surprised Clint Eastwood let so much bad acting get the pass. I'm not talking about the real people that played their own characters, but even from the real actors.
This has easily some of the worst acting i've seen in years.

Jun 13, 2018 at 1:58 AM Post #21,808 of 24,651
Adrift - 7/10

I was desperate to see a new movie at the theater and decided to see this.
I like survival stories and believe it or not I like Shailene Woodley as an actress.

How they told the story of this was just annoying. So many flashbacks of what happened in the past.
Some of the song choices were also bad.
Something that happens towards the end took off major points from my score and nearly ruined the movie.
Let's just say that maybe it was their way to make the audience less bored.

The movie "All is Lost" is much better.
Better yet just read "Unbroken", which is one of my favorite books (the movie is terrible!).

I also just finished some seasons of the Walking Dead again. I know they're are not movies, but they are to me :)
I've now seen every season probably 5 or 6 times! Isn't that like at least 100 hours?

Walking Dead Season 1 8/10
No episodes are very memorable for me other than episode 1. I also can't stand Andrea for some reason.
They spent way too much time dwelling on the death of her sister. Yes, it was terrible and sort of important.
What surprising is how much Daryl changes during all seasons.

Season 2 - 10/10
This season is too addicting and they seem to keep you glued to the screen wanting to know what happens next.
Shane was like a ticking time bomb and one of the most memorable characters in the series. Dale is also another favorite character.
This season seems to have the most drama too, and a lot of it due to Rick's wife.

Season 3 - 8/10

I usually fast forward the scenes in Woodbury and don't like the Governor's character that much.
A lot of scenes I don't like to watch and skip them (The torture scenes etc).

Season 4 - 10/10

Easily my 2nd favorite season and I didn't really know this until after many viewings.
My all time favorite episode of any season is maybe "After" (the one with carl finding the 100oz can of pudding).
Only bad episode is the one where they follow the Governor out wandering around.

Season 5 - 7.5/10
Not bad, but one of my least favorites. I know this is a favorite season of many people.
Episode 1 made me want to temporarily quit the show due to being so gory. Kind of past my comfort level.
One of the best episodes in the season though.
I skip 3 whole episodes in this season and I rarely do that.
For me it only gets good when Aaron shows up and they go to Alexandria.

Season 6 - 9.5/10

Pretty much near perfect and then it gets less interesting when they start dealing with the Saviors.

Seasons 7 and 8:

I've only seen season 7 twice and season 8 once.
Both are barely worth watching. Both are just a complete mess to me.
Sometimes it's as if they were trying to turn the series into an action movie or something.
Something was definitely lost when Glenn was gone and my favorite characters got less screen time.

Episode 1 of Season 7 made me boycott the show for nearly a year. No joke.
Stupid mistake despite it being that way in the comics.
I think why it bothered me so much is that Glenn was one of my favorite characters.
Basically it was over the top gore that was WAY to excessive. I don't want to experience PTSD when I watch TV.

Last edited:
Jun 14, 2018 at 12:57 AM Post #21,810 of 24,651
7 Days in Entebbe (2018) Off Scale LOW / 10

Just when I thought Nolan set a new low bar for War films this piece of revisionist history spooge comes along. If ever I wished a film could be unmade it would be this one. OK so Israel is taking international heat right now for their treatment of the Palestinian situation. I cannot fathom how anyone could use that as an excuse to rewrite the history of what still stands as the template (internationally at that) for large scale hostage rescue operations. That alone would have me pleading with people to boycott this excrement collection of a film, but in fact it dies all around with miserable performances, dialogue written by infants with no attempt at capturing the look feel or sounds of 1976. Cripes even the weapons are historically inaccurate. Couple that with the dramatic rescue sequence which falls so far off the actual events and really this is just inexcusable film making pandering to some whim of a production company that really should spend the rest of their lives parking cars in a lot in Kamchatka somewhere.

If for some reason you have a desire to deaden your brain by seeing this. Please at the very least read the wiki first.

If you gave a second grade class a composition assignment to write a story about a bunch of hijacked hostages being rescued in Africa the results would have been far better than this muck pit.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back