Rate The Last Movie You Watched
Aug 9, 2008 at 12:53 PM Post #1,865 of 24,668
"Ratatouille" [8.7/10] I'm not much for animated films. However, I knew that my wife, who is into the culinary arts, would enjoy this film, and I knew it would be a good test for my new blu-ray/HDTV system. It does look and sound awesome. [9.7/10] The story is a cute story.

Aug 9, 2008 at 11:58 PM Post #1,867 of 24,668
The Dark Knight : 9/10.

Why 9?

First, because of everyone's performances, especially Christian Bale's. It would've been so easy to try to compete with Heath Ledger in the madness or passionate themes, but they all stayed true to their character. Also, they manage not to become just spectators of what's happening with the Joker but to be part of the story nonetheless.

Second, because of Heath's Performance, with a capital P. Just has so much grip on the character. Even in the most insane moments (think about the interrogation with Batman in the mirrored room), he puts some emotion and feeling to it and makes the character disturbingly human.

Third, because of the story. Killing one of your main characters in the middle of the movie is always a very hazardeous move, but they managed to put it in a very believable way.

Aug 10, 2008 at 12:06 AM Post #1,868 of 24,668
The Mummy 3: 6/10. It was enjoyable with a few good laughs, same ol and predictable plot but most importantly no Rachael Weiss.
smily_headphones1.gif

Aug 10, 2008 at 1:04 AM Post #1,869 of 24,668
Quote:

Originally Posted by ak622 /img/forum/go_quote.gif
The Mummy 3: 6/10. It was enjoyable with a few good laughs, same ol and predictable plot but most importantly no Rachael Weiss.
smily_headphones1.gif

What's wrong with Rachael Weiss?! Anyhow I watched Batman The Dark Knight and it was pretty good, awesome performance by Heath as The Joker. 8/10

"Why so serious?"

I also watched Wall-E, it's a very fun kids movie, some parts go on for too long though. 8/10

Aug 10, 2008 at 1:07 AM Post #1,870 of 24,668
Life is Beautiful (in italian)

8/10: At first it seemed like a crappy 'man meets woman, they fall in love, have kid, live happy' movie. But every now and then there were gentle hints as to what was happening at the time until finally something interesting happened. I quite liked it.

Aug 10, 2008 at 1:02 PM Post #1,872 of 24,668
"Transformers" [8.1/10] I avoided seeing this film for a long time. "A movie based on children's toys!" (I tend to avoid films based on toys, cartoon characters, and video games...) It turned out to be interesting visually, obviously a CGI fest. Quality of sound was impressive. Story was far-fetched even for a sci-fi film. However, once I just accepted the story-line it was entertaining.

Aug 10, 2008 at 6:48 PM Post #1,874 of 24,668
"OldBoy" directed by Park Chan-wook. 9.8/10

Based on a Manga. The extreme violence and sex fit's into to plot so well, my jaw dropped near the end. And the main lead does a great job of show how deranged he is. If you like Kill Bill, you'll like this even more as they both share the theme of vengeance. I can't believe I missed this one for so long. It was released in 2003.

Don't watch with your kids as it's definitely not family friendly. And if you have any pent-up rage, this may relieve it somewhat. It's so ******** powerful it made Quentin Tarantino cry at the Cannes film festival where it won the Grand Prix.

Trailer: YouTube - Old Boy Trailer
Salon.com review: http://dir.salon.com/story/ent/movie...boy/index.html

Aug 10, 2008 at 9:26 PM Post #1,875 of 24,668
There's nothing wrong with Rachel Weisz, she just wasn't in the movie... I guess she didn't want to take up the roll again or she wasn't considered for it because it is another 10 years or so in the future and she looks too young still? I have no idea.. I wish she was in it tho.

Quote:

Originally Posted by Enthusia /img/forum/go_quote.gif
What's wrong with Rachael Weiss?! Anyhow I watched Batman The Dark Knight and it was pretty good, awesome performance by Heath as The Joker. 8/10

"Why so serious?"

I also watched Wall-E, it's a very fun kids movie, some parts go on for too long though. 8/10

Users who are viewing this thread

Back