flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 21, 2018 at 4:59 AM Post #8,281 of 39,414
what's the longest someone has waited for customs? since i currently reside in taiwan i ordered from here and theres probably a lot of time between shipping the mods from here to the us (64 audio) and then shipping the ciems over, but its been nearly seven weeks now... SOMEONE GIMME

don't be a crybaby , i once waited 8 weeks for the ciem building alone

it takes like 2 weeks for the impressions to arrive and god knows how much time the way back will take with customs check etc

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:09 AM Post #8,282 of 39,414
I just ordered my first ever CIEM's from Empire Ears. I got the cool Phantoms. The wait was about 4 weeks max.
IMG_0386.JPG

Mar 21, 2018 at 10:42 AM Post #8,283 of 39,414
Mar 21, 2018 at 11:11 AM Post #8,285 of 39,414
Mar 21, 2018 at 12:35 PM Post #8,287 of 39,414
I just ordered my first ever CIEM's from Empire Ears. I got the cool Phantoms. The wait was about 4 weeks max.

Almost went for the exact same design and decided to put the money on rush order with standard faceplates... almost regret, those look great!

Edit : Damn it, it looks too good, I’ll see if a change request is possible :D

Last edited:
Mar 21, 2018 at 3:12 PM Post #8,288 of 39,414
Almost went for the exact same design and decided to put the money on rush order with standard faceplates... almost regret, those look great!

Edit : Damn it, it looks too good, I’ll see if a change request is possible :D

LOL....Jack and Nic know how many changes I made before settling on these. YES, they are sweet. It's a total 3D look. Just sick looking. I get complements from strangers who don't know what an IEM is. lol...When I say it's an Empire Ears CIEM, they just look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language and in the US, we only speak 1, unlike the rest of the world, lol....:wink:.

If you change it, I'll just start calling you twin, OK...? Wait, you won't want to change then, lol.....

Mar 21, 2018 at 3:17 PM Post #8,289 of 39,414
LOL....Jack and Nic know how many changes I made before settling on these. YES, they are sweet. It's a total 3D look. Just sick looking. I get complements from strangers who don't know what an IEM is. lol...When I say it's an Empire Ears CIEM, they just look at me like I'm speaking a foreign language and in the US, we only speak 1, unlike the rest of the world, lol....:wink:.

If you change it, I'll just start calling you twin, OK...? Wait, you won't want to change then, lol.....

Well I am usually very set and don’t change my mind as I am pretty thorough beforehand but the website builder doesn’t do the design justice and I liked it very much, I just didn’t envision the final result as good as this... if you hadn’t posted I wouldn’t have changed...

I’ll skip the logo though, let the design shine :)
What is the shell color you picked, Translucent Royal Blue?

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 12:27 PM Post #8,291 of 39,414
A little birdie just told me that my (universal) Phantom are being finished today...
tumblr_ossfj96PUT1wsj274o5_250.gif

As soon as I get my laptop back from fan-and-battery maintenance, I may or may not be posting my first impressions of the Phantom plus pics... :wink:

Mar 22, 2018 at 1:48 PM Post #8,292 of 39,414
A little birdie just told me that my (universal) Phantom are being finished today...
tumblr_ossfj96PUT1wsj274o5_250.gif
Finally Wyville. Congrats. :) What design did you choose? Is it the black one?

:dog-salivating:

As soon as I get my laptop back from fan-and-battery maintenance, I may or may not be posting my first impressions of the Phantom plus pics... :wink:
But here's my number, so call me, maybe?

Mar 22, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #8,293 of 39,414
Finally Wyville. Congrats. :) What design did you choose? Is it the black one?

:dog-salivating:
It has been a long time coming, but it will be worth the wait! Yes, the design for the universals is now standard "caviar black", I think it is called. So no worries about coming up with a design that would (inevitably) look boring as soon as @Deezel177 reveals his. :wink:

Mar 22, 2018 at 6:22 PM Post #8,295 of 39,414
Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back