flinkenick's 17 Flagship IEM Shootout Thread (and general high-end portable audio discussion)
Mar 22, 2018 at 8:20 PM Post #8,296 of 39,414

That's as far as my MS Paint skills go hah! Couldn't rotate 45 degrees angle x-D

Looks like they are building something with the flux capacitor :D

Mar 22, 2018 at 8:50 PM Post #8,297 of 39,414
Mar 22, 2018 at 9:03 PM Post #8,298 of 39,414
A little birdie just told me that my (universal) Phantom are being finished today...
tumblr_ossfj96PUT1wsj274o5_250.gif

Werd!

Mar 22, 2018 at 9:53 PM Post #8,299 of 39,414
what's the longest someone has waited for customs? since i currently reside in taiwan i ordered from here and theres probably a lot of time between shipping the mods from here to the us (64 audio) and then shipping the ciems over, but its been nearly seven weeks now... SOMEONE GIMME
Three months for my AAW W500 bcos they were sent to the wrong Jaben in the wrong country lol. But I got a nice upgrade cable out of that so no worries, AAW is good in the service front.

Speaking of which, I mentioned awhile ago about missing the brute force bass of the W500. The powerful, authoritative, soul-shaking, earth-shattering, skirt-blowing bass of the W500 DD driver was the highlight of a very fine IEM. The Legend X bass gives me that feeling! The amount of bass air moved is astounding. Like tiny wind turbines in your ears. Loving the sound so far, not just the bass but the entire signature, and it's not even in its final form yet. Still on the burner and about 55 hours in. Once the sound settles, we'll see how this baby delivers.

Last edited:
Mar 22, 2018 at 10:06 PM Post #8,300 of 39,414
Three months for my AAW W500 bcos they were sent to the wrong Jaben in the wrong country lol. But I got a nice upgrade cable out of that so no worries, AAW is good in the service front.

Speaking of which, I mentioned awhile ago about missing the brute force bass of the W500. The powerful, authoritative, soul-shaking, earth-shattering, skirt-blowing bass of the W500 DD driver was the highlight of a very fine IEM. The Legend X bass gives me that feeling! The amount of bass air moved is astounding. Like tiny wind turbines in your ears. Loving the sound so far, not just the bass but the entire signature, and it's not even in its final form yet. Still on the burner and about 55 hours in. Once the sound settles, we'll see how this baby delivers.

You would love the IMR R1. I spent my evening out back on the porch, catching the last of the sun, listening to those IEMs. With the Copper filter, the bass is honestly one of my favorites. So unbelievably satisfying. The perfect thing to listen to while my Legend X burns in for a good long while.

R1 & Opus1S 01.jpg

Mar 23, 2018 at 1:47 AM Post #8,302 of 39,414
It has finally been revealed! Project K is an initiative launched by Music Sanctuary to push audio products to their fullest potential. They’ll be making their debut with the Soundwriter - a sans-APEX 64Audio A18 modded with PWAudio internal wiring, MS’s special solder and shielding. Fear the pricetag... :D

CE28EF52-D9A6-44FA-86FC-E4917B92A3BF.png

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:14 AM Post #8,307 of 39,414
It has finally been revealed! Project K is an initiative launched by Music Sanctuary to push audio products to their fullest potential. They’ll be making their debut with the Soundwriter - a sans-APEX 64Audio A18 modded with PWAudio internal wiring, MS’s special solder and shielding. Fear the pricetag... :D

I really appreciate their effort to milk us audio-fools to their fullest !

Adding 5000% margin copper cables is among my favorite techniques, and I think calling it Project K to subtly suggest that cable replacement and some magical solder involves rocket science level R&D efforts is particularly clever and accurate.

Good job guys! And thanks for the heads up that the price will rip us a new one, on top of an already ridiculously priced monitor!

I think there could be room for a few more hundred bucks to be taken by adding so anti-vibration stickers.

EKfGPhD.gif

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:17 AM Post #8,308 of 39,414
Sausalito on the french community TellementNomade has posted the following prices (Don't have a heart attack, that's singapore dollars) :
Standard - comes with 2-wire 1960s Project K edition - S$5699
Deluxe - comes with 4-wire 1960s Project K edition - S$6799

Mar 23, 2018 at 4:24 AM Post #8,309 of 39,414
Sausalito on the french community TellementNomade has posted the following prices (Don't have a heart attack, that's singapore dollars) :
Standard - comes with 2-wire 1960s Project K edition - S$5699
Deluxe - comes with 4-wire 1960s Project K edition - S$6799

So only people from Singapore can have a heart attack? :beyersmile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back