RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Jan 19, 2023 at 9:27 PM Post #1,126 of 1,184
Does anyone know what company manufactures the double flanged silicone eartips that come with the Rai Pentas? Wow, that was a really terribly constructed sentence!

Mar 23, 2023 at 12:42 PM Post #1,128 of 1,184
Anyone has both Xelento and Rai Penta? I would like to know if size wise the Rai Penta is bigger or almost the same as Xelento, specially interested in the thickness of the casing itself to see if it will be protruding more or less from most ears? A pic of both side by side would be really appreciated! :wink: Many thanks.

Mar 23, 2023 at 8:20 PM Post #1,129 of 1,184
Anyone has both Xelento and Rai Penta? I would like to know if size wise the Rai Penta is bigger or almost the same as Xelento, specially interested in the thickness of the casing itself to see if it will be protruding more or less from most ears? A pic of both side by side would be really appreciated! :wink: Many thanks.
I have both and while the Xelento shell has an overall smaller size, the Rai Penta is shaped more like a custom and slips neatly in place with no fiddling or adjusting. It is every bit as comfortable for side sleeping as is the Xelento. Personally, I find the Penta SQ to be more lifelike than that of my Xelento.
While slightly larger than the Xelento, the Penta is still one of the smaller IEMs available.

Last edited:
Mar 24, 2023 at 1:25 AM Post #1,130 of 1,184
im sold my xelento to order penta. meze better sounds ,better fit, another class. xelento too small.

Mar 24, 2023 at 8:31 AM Post #1,131 of 1,184
I have both and while the Xelento shell has an overall smaller size, the Rai Penta is shaped more like a custom and slips neatly in place with no fiddling or adjusting. It is every bit as comfortable for side sleeping as is the Xelento. Personally, I find the Penta SQ to be more lifelike than that of my Xelento.
While slightly larger than the Xelento, the Penta is still one of the smaller IEMs available.
Thanks HiFlight. I also read a few times that the shape of the Rai Penta makes it very comfy but as you noted I’m afraid that it’s tickness might make it more uncomfortable for side sleeping then Xelento. Happy to read it’s not the case, at least for you. Thanks again.

May 19, 2023 at 10:08 AM Post #1,132 of 1,184
I am a few years late to the game. Does the Rai Penta represent the Meze house sound, or is the Meze Advar better suited?

Has anyone compared the Rai Penta to the Advar and Sennheiser IE900?

I find the IE900 to be smooth, relaxing, neutral with sub bass, sufficient much resolution. Is the Rai Penta too similar, or does it complement the IE900? Thanks

May 19, 2023 at 10:42 AM Post #1,133 of 1,184
I am a few years late to the game. Does the Rai Penta represent the Meze house sound, or is the Meze Advar better suited?

I find the IE900 to be smooth, relaxing, neutral with sub bass, sufficient much resolution. Is the Rai Penta too similar, or does it complement the IE900? Thanks
In terms of signature the Advar is definitely much closer to the IE900 than the Rai Penta! Penta is more mid centric while IE900 and Advar are v-shaped!

May 19, 2023 at 1:06 PM Post #1,134 of 1,184

Rai Penta is like the Empyrean (more or like!)

May 19, 2023 at 1:54 PM Post #1,135 of 1,184

Advar is closer to "new" signature of Meze (Elite, Liric and 109 PRO). While Rai Penta closer to "old" style like Empyrean and 99 PRO.

May 19, 2023 at 3:13 PM Post #1,136 of 1,184
Advar is closer to "new" signature of Meze (Elite, Liric and 109 PRO). While Rai Penta closer to "old" style like Empyrean and 99 PRO.
rai penta dont have nothink similar to 99 pro. it is small empyrean with big soundstage, separate instruments, lots of details, big extension to both sides from bass to treble, slightly warm sound. i have penta. incredible irms so far.

May 19, 2023 at 6:43 PM Post #1,137 of 1,184
+1 on the Penta!

May 23, 2023 at 9:11 AM Post #1,138 of 1,184
Audioadvisor has a "demo" pair for a very good price. Just to let you know, the "demo" units on Audioadvisor are brand new. They just list as "demo" so they can clear out old stock. I know this because I got a pair from them for a ridiculously low price and received an unopened brand new pair in the mail. BTW, I absolutely LOVE my rai pentas!

May 23, 2023 at 10:50 PM Post #1,139 of 1,184
Audioadvisor has a "demo" pair for a very good price. Just to let you know, the "demo" units on Audioadvisor are brand new. They just list as "demo" so they can clear out old stock. I know this because I got a pair from them for a ridiculously low price and received an unopened brand new pair in the mail. BTW, I absolutely LOVE my rai pentas!
Thanks for letting me know !

May 25, 2023 at 10:24 PM Post #1,140 of 1,184
Rai Penta is like the Empyrean (more or like!)
Thanks @Ichos

I have never listened to the Empyrean, but I have seen and watched all the reviews - warm, musical, typical Meze house sound.

I am looking at the Meze Rai Penta to complementary my other IEMs: Sennheiser IE900, Fiio FD-7, 64 Audio Tia Fourte, and possibly FatFreq Maestro Mini.

The Sennheiser IE900 paired with Lavricables Master Line and Shanling UA5 is the smoothest, most musical and intimate, the Fiio FD-7 paired with Effect Audio CODE23 is my bass cannon, super punchy while retaining all the mids and treble, whereas the 64 Audio Tia Fourte paired with Effect Audio CODE23 and iFi xDSD Gryphon is my reference IEM, with its highly detailed, spicy treble, and sufficient bass.

I am wondering if the Meze Rai Penta would complement any of them without sounding too similar.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back