RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Jul 17, 2023 at 3:40 PM Post #1,157 of 1,184
starting listen,now after 150hours burn:gs1000smile:

Attachments

• DSCF3345.jpg a.jpg
    DSCF3345.jpg a.jpg
    2.5 MB · Views: 0
Sep 18, 2023 at 3:58 PM Post #1,159 of 1,184
Probably the latest I have ever been to a party :wink: I guess most guests have likely already left :D

Anyway, tried the Rai Solo a couple of weeks back and liked them (bought them used for 74€ in very good condition). I've always wanted to try the Rai Penta as well. Got a good deal on a mint condition pair for 480€ and bought them. Have been tiprolling ever since and do like the ePro 01 and especially the Tri Clarion tips the best. The latter are also on the picture. So far, I'm very pleased with the Rai Penta!

Attachments

• IMG_0883.jpeg
    IMG_0883.jpeg
    1.7 MB · Views: 0
Sep 18, 2023 at 4:02 PM Post #1,160 of 1,184
Probably the latest I have ever been to a party :wink: I guess most guests have likely already left :D

Anyway, tried the Rai Solo a couple of weeks back and liked them (bought them used for 74€ in very good condition). I've always wanted to try the Rai Penta as well. Got a good deal on a mint condition pair for 480€ and bought them. Have been tiprolling ever since and do like the ePro 01 and especially the Tri Clarion tips the best. The latter are also on the picture. So far, I'm very pleased with the Rai Penta!
I like the AZLA Xelastec Eartips - really clean, linear sound. Cleans up the treble compared to the comply foam tips, and cleans up the low midrange compared to the stock double flange eartips.

I imagine the Penta + AZLA Xelastec through the Hiby RS8 would be heaven... just a slight touch of R2R warmth and amazing performance.

Sep 18, 2023 at 4:09 PM Post #1,161 of 1,184
I like the AZLA Xelastec Eartips - really clean, linear sound. Cleans up the treble compared to the comply foam tips, and cleans up the low midrange compared to the stock double flange eartips.

I imagine the Penta + AZLA Xelastec through the Hiby RS8 would be heaven... just a slight touch of R2R warmth and amazing performance.
The Tri Clarion tips have an amazingly clean and detailed sound on the Penta for me while retaining the bass completely. I do have the Xelastec as well but they didn't sound as good as either the ePro and the Tri Clarion for me. Ears are just soo subjective and different - it's crazy :)

Sep 19, 2023 at 2:27 PM Post #1,162 of 1,184
The Tri Clarion tips have an amazingly clean and detailed sound on the Penta for me while retaining the bass completely. I do have the Xelastec as well but they didn't sound as good as either the ePro and the Tri Clarion for me. Ears are just soo subjective and different - it's crazy :)
I will need to check those out!

Sep 20, 2023 at 12:40 AM Post #1,163 of 1,184
RAI Penta with comply foamies is the best for me - balance of comfort and sound quality. I actually don't mind the recessed highs for long listening session without ear fatigue. Tried all sorts of non foam eartips and just couldn't find one that I could use for more than 30 min or so before wanting to pull them out of my ears. With Comply I forget I have them on. But every ear is different.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:19 AM Post #1,164 of 1,184
They're now officially discontinued on Meze's website. Farewell, Rai!

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:22 AM Post #1,165 of 1,184
They're now officially discontinued on Meze's website. Farewell, Rai!
Both Rais are discontinued, only Advar remains.

Maybe we will see a new IEM soon

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:24 AM Post #1,166 of 1,184
Both Rais are discontinued, only Advar remains.

Maybe we will see a new IEM soon
Yeah, well, the Rai Solo's had been discontinued for quite a long time already but yeah, maybe a new one will arrive soon, let's see!

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:26 AM Post #1,167 of 1,184
Yeah, well, the Rai Solo's had been discontinued for quite a long time already but yeah, maybe a new one will arrive soon, let's see!
Didn't notice... Well Didn't follow the entry segment that closely either.

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:28 AM Post #1,168 of 1,184
Didn't notice... Well Didn't follow the entry segment that closely either.
Think they've been discountinued for two years already. I will keep on using the Pentas for now but I wouldn't mind a new flagship from Meze :)

Nov 10, 2023 at 5:31 AM Post #1,169 of 1,184
Think they've been discountinued for two years already. I will keep on using the Pentas for now but I wouldn't mind a new flagship from Meze :)
I wouldn't mind it either.
Since I don't use IEMs that much anymore I maybe can even resist pre ordering it

Users who are viewing this thread

Back