RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
May 26, 2023 at 12:54 AM Post #1,141 of 1,184
Thanks @Ichos

I have never listened to the Empyrean, but I have seen and watched all the reviews - warm, musical, typical Meze house sound.

I am looking at the Meze Rai Penta to complementary my other IEMs: Sennheiser IE900, Fiio FD-7, 64 Audio Tia Fourte, and possibly FatFreq Maestro Mini.

The Sennheiser IE900 paired with Lavricables Master Line and Shanling UA5 is the smoothest, most musical and intimate, the Fiio FD-7 paired with Effect Audio CODE23 is my bass cannon, super punchy while retaining all the mids and treble, whereas the 64 Audio Tia Fourte paired with Effect Audio CODE23 and iFi xDSD Gryphon is my reference IEM, with its highly detailed, spicy treble, and sufficient bass.

I am wondering if the Meze Rai Penta would complement any of them without sounding too similar.
must try it and will see.

Jun 27, 2023 at 8:12 AM Post #1,145 of 1,184
Just got a pair of these. I like them.

What is a really good phone usb dongle dac to use with them?
I'm using Questyle M15 with Rai Penta balanced. Sounds glorious.

Jul 1, 2023 at 11:26 PM Post #1,148 of 1,184
hello boys, what is best dap at 500-1000€ for meze rai penta? penta sounds warm. so better idea paor with brighter sounding dap? what im read fiio ,ibasso dx240 has more neutral brighter sound
The iBasso DX240 with the stock amp is a good option. If you want to pay less you can also try this the FiiO M11S.
They are not bright but their character suits the Penta.

Jul 9, 2023 at 5:23 AM Post #1,153 of 1,184
how burn ? just let play music for 100hours? on medium volume? or need somethink noise sound?
Just using them is fine, there are no special requirements.

If you don't use them during burn in you can use Pink noise or similar (just search for it on your streaming platform)

However this is not required. I personally always just use my headphones

Jul 9, 2023 at 5:30 AM Post #1,154 of 1,184
Just using them is fine, there are no special requirements.

If you don't use them during burn in you can use Pink noise or similar (just search for it on your streaming platform)

However this is not required. I personally always just use my headphones
im listen not lot iems, mostly home headphones,on travel meze rai penta with utws5. have them new bought half year ago. maybe no more then 7hours listen .so, think burn to get full sound.

Jul 11, 2023 at 2:47 AM Post #1,155 of 1,184
While I haven't owned or heard the Solaris, I have owned the CA Vega, Andromeda, Andromeda S, Lyra, Lyra II and Orion. To my ears, the Penta is the comfortable and natural sounding. Build quality is flawless. It handles all genre's with aplomb. I can pretty much summarize the Penta in 3 words: Tonality, Coherence and Smoothness.
does sp1000 sounds warm and with warmer neutral pentas is bad synergy?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back