RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology
Dec 31, 2018 at 9:22 PM Post #80 of 1,184
Interesting. I suppose that could be a good thing. No real reason why they would need to share the same sound. Will be looking out for anyone's first impressions.

Theyve aimed for the warmer and thicker sound with all their headphones and iems though, this would be a first for them if they go towards neutral signature.

Dec 31, 2018 at 9:27 PM Post #81 of 1,184
Theyve aimed for the warmer and thicker sound with all their headphones and iems though, this would be a first for them if they go towards neutral signature.

So I'm led to understand (never heard any of Meze's line myself outside of Empyrean).

If the Rai manages to fall somewhere in the middle of the Meze house sound and the Zeus-R, that would probably hit the sweet spot.

Jan 1, 2019 at 10:21 AM Post #82 of 1,184
I wonder how these will compare with the campfire solaris in their respective price ranges. The tube design seems similar to TAEC and the driver configuration is very similar as well. Perhaps the price difference still means better engineering on the solaris. I do think the rai looks more comfortable than the huge solaris though. Only our ears, reviews and impressions will tell with time to come. :ksc75smile:

Jan 2, 2019 at 10:38 PM Post #83 of 1,184
I wonder how these will compare with the campfire solaris in their respective price ranges. The tube design seems similar to TAEC and the driver configuration is very similar as well. Perhaps the price difference still means better engineering on the solaris. I do think the rai looks more comfortable than the huge solaris though. Only our ears, reviews and impressions will tell with time to come. :ksc75smile:

Which version of the Solaris? :wink:

Jan 3, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #86 of 1,184
wait ! are the Solaris have different versions , ?? I never heard about that .

I think this is an allusion to the drama that happened over the Solaris thread over the report of 3 units in Singapore that were measured as having discrepancies. Ken posted a statement about this, until Campfire has a chance to confirm (none of those units has been returned) and then check the serial of those units against their QC, and then confirm the cause (if there is indeed a problem), it’s a non issue IMHO.

So there is only one version of the Solaris, unless there is one day a custom :)

Jan 3, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #87 of 1,184
I think this is an allusion to the drama that happened over the Solaris thread over the report of 3 units in Singapore that were measured as having discrepancies. Ken posted a statement about this, until Campfire has a chance to confirm (none of those units has been returned) and then check the serial of those units against their QC, and then confirm the cause (if there is indeed a problem), it’s a non issue IMHO.

So there is only one version of the Solaris, unless there is one day a custom :)
Thanks for this brief explanation ,

Jan 3, 2019 at 11:15 PM Post #88 of 1,184
+

46641937_2136884676364491_7032642066791610600_n.jpg

GUYS.. FOUND THIS ON INSTAGRAM. I BELIEVE THAT THERE IS ALSO A RAI SOLO COMING. PROBABLY A SINGLE DRIVER
IT SHOULD COST LESS.

Jan 4, 2019 at 1:53 AM Post #90 of 1,184

Will this iem be "flawless"?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back