1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

RAI Penta -- Meze Audio's Flagship IEM with Penta Hybrid Driver Technology

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5
7 8 9 10 11 12 13 14 15 16
Next

Last
  1. PhilW
    Due for release THIS month. I'm in London and we are In 2019 now haha

ATB

Phil

Wyville, davidmolliere and TheOracle like this.
  2. TheOracle
    Ah, fellow Empyrean enthusiast! I'm very interested to hear your eventual thoughts on these.

PhilW likes this.
  3. Deftone
    Yes im in 2019 too, lets wait for the others to catch up.

...As far as i know Rai Penta wont be following the warm full sound of Empyrean.

TheOracle likes this.
  4. TheOracle
    Interesting. I suppose that could be a good thing. No real reason why they would need to share the same sound. Will be looking out for anyone's first impressions.

5. Deftone
    Theyve aimed for the warmer and thicker sound with all their headphones and iems though, this would be a first for them if they go towards neutral signature.

PhilW likes this.
  6. TheOracle
    So I'm led to understand (never heard any of Meze's line myself outside of Empyrean).

If the Rai manages to fall somewhere in the middle of the Meze house sound and the Zeus-R, that would probably hit the sweet spot.

7. IneffableMusic
    I wonder how these will compare with the campfire solaris in their respective price ranges. The tube design seems similar to TAEC and the driver configuration is very similar as well. Perhaps the price difference still means better engineering on the solaris. I do think the rai looks more comfortable than the huge solaris though. Only our ears, reviews and impressions will tell with time to come. :ksc75smile:

8. Deftone
    Which version of the Solaris? :wink:

Ahmad313 likes this.
  9. Ahmad313
    wait ! are the Solaris have different versions , ??
    I never heard about that .

10. Mimouille
    Yes, one by Tarkovski and one by Soderbergh.

11. davidmolliere
    I think this is an allusion to the drama that happened over the Solaris thread over the report of 3 units in Singapore that were measured as having discrepancies. Ken posted a statement about this, until Campfire has a chance to confirm (none of those units has been returned) and then check the serial of those units against their QC, and then confirm the cause (if there is indeed a problem), it’s a non issue IMHO.

So there is only one version of the Solaris, unless there is one day a custom :)

Ahmad313 likes this.
  12. Ahmad313
    Thanks for this brief explanation ,

13. singingbee
    Deftone and audionewbi like this.
  14. Lurk650
    Lol I've mentioned the cheaper Rai Solo a couple times in here

15. jmills8
    Will this iem be "flawless"?

First

Back
1 2 3 4 5