Radsone EarStudio ES100
Feb 8, 2018 at 8:27 PM Post #166 of 6,675
One issue I seem to be having is that the highs feel a bit less crisp. I'm using CA Andromedas out of an iPhone 7, and comparing to the Apple 3.5mm adapter. This is not a Bluetooth issue as I get the same signature using it wired via the Apple camera adapter. I tried various settings and EQ settings and it is always the same - the quality is good, but the highs are not as crisp as I am used to.
So far I am using the single-ended interface. In a few weeks I will have a balanced cable, and will see if this improves the situation.
Anyone else with a similar experience, and ideas as to how to improve?

@kolbo:
It might be possible DCT with some earphones unit makes you feel that.
Please try some lower DCT level or Off, zero.
Thanks and Regards,
WS

Feb 9, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #168 of 6,675
Thanks for your reply.
Turning DCT off and turning over sampling to x1 improves the sound a lot.
I will report again once I get my balanced cable (2-3 weeks).
I found that turning off the HD Jitter Cleaner helped even more, and removed the need to turn off oversampling. DCT still needs to be off though.

Feb 9, 2018 at 3:34 PM Post #169 of 6,675
I just wanted to chime in that my audio experience is improved enough that even though I have Sony MDR-XB950B1 headphones that have bluetooth with Aptx, the sound quality is so much better with the ear-studio, I'm using it daily while sitting in front of my computer to listen to audio from PC while my HTC U11 phone is also connected. I didn't even know it would successfully connect to multiple devices until I accidentally discovered it.

After noticing that the listening experience made me want to have extra wires and dongle even when I didn't need it, I realized this says a lot about the improvement of listening quality. It's only been a week so it's too early to say for sure but I almost feel like this device reduces ear fatigue.

I don't have a competitive device to say how the two stack up against one another, but it was totally worth the investment in my opinion, for what I paid for it.

Feb 10, 2018 at 3:02 AM Post #171 of 6,675
I found that turning off the HD Jitter Cleaner helped even more, and removed the need to turn off oversampling. DCT still needs to be off though.

@kolbo:

Thanks for your comment.

The DAC filter option, as well as DCT level, is subjective to personal preference and the unit matched with ES100.

In general, every DAC Low Pass digital filter provides flat frequency response,
but the roll-off factor and the high-cut frequency slope are slightly different.
In terms of time domain viewpoint,
the impulse responses of the digital filters actually define the impulse responses of the acoustic wave,
being combined with the unit's electrical and acoustical characteristics.
The effect of DAC oversampling is also same as above.
It depends on the unit,
how the final sonic characteristic would be across each DAC filters and OSRs(1x,2x,4x) modes.

The frequency responses across DCT levels are all flat, boosting or manipulating NO specific frequency bands.
However, very similar to DAC filter option,
It depends on the unit, DAC filter, and OSR,
how the final sonic characteristic would be across each DCT levels.

They all depend on.
(Plus, the personal preference.)

That's why ES100 provides those options for users to try and find their own sweet spots with their earphone units.

However, I recommend turning the HD jitter cleaner on, in all case,
if there's no clicking noise when turned on,
because it provides definitely the lower jitter anyway.

Thanks and Regards,
WS

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 4:16 PM Post #173 of 6,675
It looks like the ES100 is currently unavailable on Amazon. Any ideas when it'll return?

https://www.amazon.com/EarStudio-ES100-High-Resolution-Bluetooth-Headphone/dp/B078H4YD2L

I've been mulling over this and now I really want one.
The first "public" stock was released after the shipments to the crowdfunding buyers went out. They said the first batch was very limited, 100 pieces if I remember correctly. They should be able to restock soon though, production is underway.

Last edited:
Feb 10, 2018 at 4:46 PM Post #174 of 6,675
The first "public" stock was released after the shipments to the crowdfunding buyers went out. They said the first batch was very limited, 100 pieces if I remember correctly. They should be able to restock soon though, production is underway.
Darn, should have bought one yesterday then! Hoping for a restock soon. :beers:

Feb 12, 2018 at 1:14 AM Post #177 of 6,675
20180212_080148.jpg
Got my Earstudio ES100 yesterday night.
Connected to LG V30+ (APTX-HD) and FiiO F9 Pro. Short 60cm copper balance cable by Ted Allen.

Sounds, FANTASTIC.

Really great job by Radsone.

Last edited:
Feb 12, 2018 at 1:19 AM Post #178 of 6,675
I understand you are working on smart volume for a firmware update.

I would love to see this device work seemlessly with a car. Maybe have a switch in the app that enables the device to auto power on and off when attached to external power.

One of my devices switches itself back on when it was turned off but still plugged in to power - at the moment the power is unplugged, that's when it turns back on, which isn't great for seemless car use.

The other device doesn't turn itself on when attached to power, which I am debugging at present.

I would like to leave one of my ES100s attached to the car's power permanently, switching itself on and off with the power provided by the car.

Also, having 2 devices means I have to authorise each one into the app for settings each time I switch... maybe that could be just done once for each device and store it in the profile?

I would really appreciate these features, you have been so good at working with customer feedback so far.

Anyone else want to chime in on having these features?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back