Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 9, 2019 at 3:59 PM Post #5,101 of 6,675
Holy Keyrap !!!

I don't normally peruse this subforum, as I've purchased the Monolith THX portable amp, specifically for the Tin P1 and the Fiio FA7. And I'm quite content with this DAC/Amp for my FA7s, on my laptop.

Luckily I found one random post (over on the portable headphone sub-forum) about the EQ and balanced output features of the ES100. As I have a couple IEMs (new to the market) coming in and only found out after purchasing, that one of the units is a little light in the sub bass, I picked up an ES100; to see if it can help out with any deficiencies.

I never considered a BT DAC/Amp before; as I've always felt that it was going to be a bottle neck, to good playback. But since I'm not starting with the best source (Spotify Premium, offline), I figured I would give it a shot. I can always return it, if it didn't work out.

I'm currently messing around with the TFZ MyLove 2019. When I compare the earphone jack on my Note 4 to the ES100 (SE), it's like waiting on the front of the line (Note 4) to get inside the club and every time the bouncer opens the door for the pretty girl (ES100).

Just wait until you hear it over Ldac and then balanced.
It's a noticeable upgrade over the 3.5m quad dac from my LG G7 which crushed the 3.5mm output of my beloved note 4.

Aug 9, 2019 at 4:40 PM Post #5,102 of 6,675
Lets start a es 100 religion

Aug 11, 2019 at 1:32 PM Post #5,103 of 6,675
I agree. I waited and waited for a long time on the ES100. Everyone who had it raved about it, and I just assumed it was just another bluetooth audio adapter (except with the added benefit of balanced output). I already had other bluetooth adapters, so I really wasn't in any rush to get the ES100.

Boy did I feel like a heel when I finally got an ES100 and realized what I was missing. I mean, sure the hardware of the ES100 is top notch. But the true power of the ES100 is the app. Without the app, it wouldn't be half as awesome. The app alone makes the ES100 worth it's weight in gold.
I'm in the same group. I actually ordered one on Amazon and cancelled it, thinking that was a lot of money for a Bluetooth dongle. I had a bunch of other cheaper ones and some Fiio units. Then I saw all the raving here and decided to pull the trigger - I think it was on sale, too. Boy, was I ever wrong. This little box is magic, and Radsone has really hit a home run. On top of everything is the app. Between the ES100 and some other gear, I've switched over a lot of my IEMs to balanced because the ES100 makes them sound so great.

Aug 11, 2019 at 2:36 PM Post #5,104 of 6,675
I'm in the same group. I actually ordered one on Amazon and cancelled it, thinking that was a lot of money for a Bluetooth dongle. I had a bunch of other cheaper ones and some Fiio units. Then I saw all the raving here and decided to pull the trigger - I think it was on sale, too. Boy, was I ever wrong. This little box is magic, and Radsone has really hit a home run. On top of everything is the app. Between the ES100 and some other gear, I've switched over a lot of my IEMs to balanced because the ES100 makes them sound so great.
I say it once again lets start a religion

Aug 11, 2019 at 4:55 PM Post #5,106 of 6,675
:gs1000smile:
I'll say "amen" to that. What day should we set aside? All of them? :gs1000smile:
All of them, and you are allowed to listen too other dac amps and bluetooth dongles to recognize the mighty power of the Es100

Aug 11, 2019 at 9:51 PM Post #5,107 of 6,675
Aug 12, 2019 at 7:58 AM Post #5,108 of 6,675
Aug 13, 2019 at 12:04 AM Post #5,109 of 6,675
I am interested in the ES100 and I have a zishan DSD, can someone compare their SQ? Zishan as DAP vs ES100 as DAC from PC/android devices

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:13 AM Post #5,110 of 6,675
Hello guys,
Just joined ES100 clan since yesterday! total hype! :)
Very impressed by the performance, never thought bluetooth would sound that right via LDAC, incredible.

My ES100 will be connected for the USB DAC side during 7 hours a day at work, and the rest of the time some bed playing via my (Pixel 3) smartphone. Too bad that the USB DAC supports only 16-bits on Windows.
Currently burning its battery for 2/3 full cycles before switching the battery saver button.

Love the app to control everything, well made overall.
One thing is for sure, I will follow RadSone future products with a lot of interests now :)

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:53 AM Post #5,111 of 6,675
Just one question :
Will my FiiO L26 adapter work on the ES100 ? or will it short anything ? I'm afraid to reterminate all my 3.5mm standard plug cables to 2.5 TRRS..
Many thanks in advance

*edit* : I think I found my answer HERE

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 4:39 AM Post #5,112 of 6,675
Can it be used wired with an smartphone (android)? Is there any benefit on sound quality? I was thinking if you are not on the go I don't care use it wired, at home...etc.

Last edited:
Aug 14, 2019 at 8:49 AM Post #5,113 of 6,675
Can it be used wired with an smartphone (android)? Is there any benefit on sound quality? I was thinking if you are not on the go I don't care use it wired, at home...etc.
Yes, you can connect it via USB to an android phone and it will act as an output device. For 16bit 48khz audio, that would also offer the best performance.

Aug 14, 2019 at 1:36 PM Post #5,114 of 6,675
Just one question :
Will my FiiO L26 adapter work on the ES100 ? or will it short anything ? I'm afraid to reterminate all my 3.5mm standard plug cables to 2.5 TRRS..
Many thanks in advance

*edit* : I think I found my answer HERE
That Fiio is 2.5 female & 3.5 male. which is perfectly fine. What you are thinking of using is a 3.5 female to 2.5 male adapter in which case are pointless and can damage equipment. You can easily find MMCX & 2 Pin 2.5mm cables on Amazon for cheap, then just buy the updated version of that Fiio to use with any single ended sources. That's what I do. Any fixed cable IEMs will need to be completely recabled which is expensive and not worth it.

Aug 14, 2019 at 3:10 PM Post #5,115 of 6,675
You can easily find MMCX & 2 Pin 2.5mm cables on Amazon for cheap, then just buy the updated version of that Fiio to use with any single ended sources. That's what I do. Any fixed cable IEMs will need to be completely recabled which is expensive and not worth it.
Can you please tell me more about that solution, looks interesting. May you show me a link/photo to the product ? (as I'm unsure)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back