Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 2, 2019 at 4:06 PM Post #5,072 of 6,675
I got a **** cable on Amazon for € 20. It's really good

Thank you, that's a great tip, beats waiting for China shipping.

I found 2 that look the same but one cost twice as much! Which one is yours?

https://smile.amazon.com/Earphone-R...07D4GD26Q/ref=cm_cr_arp_d_product_top?ie=UTF8

https://smile.amazon.com/****-Upgra...s=gateway&sourceid=Mozilla-search&sr=8-4&th=1

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:09 AM Post #5,078 of 6,675
My ES100 is now more than 1 year old, holding up quite well. Yes, the case does have some scars and sometimes the buttons seem to get pressed too easily. And yes, the clip is not strong enough. Still 100€ well spent... I use it almost daily to connect my 64audio N8 to my iPhone (my main mobile source), it connects really fast and is stable. And while it may not drive my N8 to full potential, it still helps a lot by enabling this setup, and doing it with decent sound quality (I obviously appreciate the inclusion of the AAC codec), no dropouts and much more output power than I need. And all of that in a light package that is easily caught by the earphone cable when the clip once again fails to hold on to my shirt :wink:

Aug 3, 2019 at 6:39 AM Post #5,079 of 6,675
My ES100 is now more than 1 year old, holding up quite well. Yes, the case does have some scars and sometimes the buttons seem to get pressed too easily. And yes, the clip is not strong enough. Still 100€ well spent... I use it almost daily to connect my 64audio N8 to my iPhone (my main mobile source), it connects really fast and is stable. And while it may not drive my N8 to full potential, it still helps a lot by enabling this setup, and doing it with decent sound quality (I obviously appreciate the inclusion of the AAC codec), no dropouts and much more output power than I need. And all of that in a light package that is easily caught by the earphone cable when the clip once again fails to hold on to my shirt :wink:
My experience as well. Thank you for sharing.

Aug 3, 2019 at 7:44 PM Post #5,080 of 6,675
Does anyone know es100 the only lineout is 3.5 right?
Thinking use it with loxjie p20.
The ES100 has 3.5 and balanced 2.5 headphone outputs. It doesn't have a "line out" by the strict definition, but it will work if you connect it to an amplifier input. You should set the output level of the ES100 to get the range you want from the amp's volume control.

I see that the Loxjie P20 has both single-ended and balanced inputs, so you have the option of using either the 3.5 or 2.5 output from the ES100. Some reviews say the P20 works better in balanced mode. Please report back about how it compares to listening straight from the ES100.

Aug 3, 2019 at 9:47 PM Post #5,081 of 6,675
I'm using S8+ :)
Maybe there's app to increase volume steps?
I wish, man. I've been struggling with call volume issue with Android for over a year now. The app Precise Volume Control worked before the Pie upgrade, but now nothing works. The only workarounds I've found is using a headset with an analog volume pot (UE 500vm) which is ancient, and ES100 with IEMatch or 300ohm full sized cans.

Do I have sensitive hearing or something? I just want to have calls that sound like normal conversations instead of heated debates lol.
Samsung sound assistant let's uou change the number of steps and is available on the google play store. I have 100 steps. It's much better than the default steps.

Aug 4, 2019 at 12:03 AM Post #5,082 of 6,675
The ES100 has 3.5 and balanced 2.5 headphone outputs. It doesn't have a "line out" by the strict definition, but it will work if you connect it to an amplifier input. You should set the output level of the ES100 to get the range you want from the amp's volume control.

I see that the Loxjie P20 has both single-ended and balanced inputs, so you have the option of using either the 3.5 or 2.5 output from the ES100. Some reviews say the P20 works better in balanced mode. Please report back about how it compares to listening straight from the ES100.
So it will be double amping?

Aug 4, 2019 at 2:15 AM Post #5,083 of 6,675
Hello guys, thank you for using ES100!

We are happy to introduce HE100, our new high-resolution earphones to you. If you are interested, please check out the link below to find out the details and also join the exclusive giveaway event!

https://www.head-fi.org/threads/giveaway-event-new-earstudio-he100-high-resolution-earphones.912108/

_YhQ05T-llEMvOTJGJAbtrPonLiHCEk8RwWlGywwviw77YovJWWWJZ6F2KEBF4PowR6LxwizQXZtKfkVaFrG7sbsWigkWID2urVoryNeqQD86KKI0zN207-XE_0YYMw7dNNaqXfl
Hi @radsone, happy to see you here. @wslee was making valuable contributions to this thread until he was blocked by forum policy. Now that Radsone have became a sponsor on the forum, we hope that Radsone will once again join conversations in this thread.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back