Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 14, 2019 at 4:14 PM Post #5,118 of 6,675
Can you please tell me more about that solution, looks interesting. May you show me a link/photo to the product ? (as I'm unsure)
You seem to have a lot of good ChiFi cables but all in 3.5mm. You would need to repurchase 2.5mm versions. Then you can use with any 2.5mm sources, such as the ES100. If you want to use with a 3.5mm source like a phone then you simply use this adapter on the 2.5 cables:

https://penonaudio.com/accessories/earphone-adapters/fiio-bl35.html

That is the updated/improved version of the Fiio you link, I have both and the updated version is much nicer.

Aug 14, 2019 at 6:04 PM Post #5,119 of 6,675
I’m currently using an M0 as a DAP and love it’s sound. At work I use an ifi nano black label connected to my laptop. The sound on the m0 is way more pleasing to me. With that said, would buying a Redsone ES100 and using it wirelessly with my laptop possibly give me a better sound/one closer to the M0 in sound? How does it do as a wired usb dac? Secondly, would the es100 paired with the m0 be useful in any scenario? I’m failing to understand why I’d plug my IEMs into the es100 when I could just use the m0…

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:17 PM Post #5,121 of 6,675
I’m failing to understand why I’d plug my IEMs into the es100 when I could just use the m0…
When using your phone as a DAP, and wanting better sound. As is the case with me. That combination itself beats most of my daps. I'm sure a lot of the owners in this thread would agree with me when I say, you just have to hear the es100 to believe it. It's phenomenal.

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:29 PM Post #5,122 of 6,675
When using your phone as a DAP, and wanting better sound. As is the case with me. That combination itself beats most of my daps. I'm sure a lot of the owners in this thread would agree with me when I say, you just have to hear the es100 to believe it. It's phenomenal.

Have you used it as a USB DAC with a computer? Does it sound the same or is the quality somehow only especially good via bluetooth?

Aug 14, 2019 at 7:49 PM Post #5,123 of 6,675
I’m currently using an M0 as a DAP and love it’s sound. At work I use an ifi nano black label connected to my laptop. The sound on the m0 is way more pleasing to me. With that said, would buying a Redsone ES100 and using it wirelessly with my laptop possibly give me a better sound/one closer to the M0 in sound? How does it do as a wired usb dac? Secondly, would the es100 paired with the m0 be useful in any scenario? I’m failing to understand why I’d plug my IEMs into the es100 when I could just use the m0…
Ifi uses Burr Brown and the ES100 uses AK Chip. Both on the smoother side. The M0 uses a Sabre DAC which tends to be more analytical/less smoothed over. FWIW, I returned my M0 and kept both the Micro BL and the ES100. I prefer their presentations over Sabre.

Aug 14, 2019 at 8:39 PM Post #5,124 of 6,675
Ifi uses Burr Brown and the ES100 uses AK Chip. Both on the smoother side. The M0 uses a Sabre DAC which tends to be more analytical/less smoothed over. FWIW, I returned my M0 and kept both the Micro BL and the ES100. I prefer their presentations over Sabre.

Interesting, cause I’d describe the m0 as smooth and full of air and warmth that just sounds super good to me. I’d describe the ifi nano as sharp, jagged and a bit cluttered.

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:51 AM Post #5,125 of 6,675
Have you used it as a USB DAC with a computer? Does it sound the same or is the quality somehow only especially good via bluetooth?
I'm using my ES100 mainly at work connected to my computer as a DAC only and I have to say I don't ear any audible difference between LDAC and USB. For sure, LDAC is almost a lossless codec so USB still has a bit of technical advantage over it, but it's tiny.
Of course, unless you are listening up to 16 bits tracks. Bluetooth should "sound better" up to 24 bits, but personally I'm satisfied enough since I listen at 320kbps most of the time.

Aug 15, 2019 at 3:55 AM Post #5,126 of 6,675
Btw, if a 2.5mm TRRS plug has this exact PIN map, will it be compatible with the ES100 ? or will it short anything ? (looks like its different from AK)

10336488.jpg

Aug 15, 2019 at 5:35 AM Post #5,128 of 6,675
Btw, if a 2.5mm TRRS plug has this exact PIN map, will it be compatible with the ES100 ? or will it short anything ? (looks like its different from AK)

10336488.jpg
That is the configuration for 3.5mm balanced TRRS (which is relatively uncommon).

Yes, if a 2.5mm plug had that configuration it would short out an ES100 or other amps with AK compatible 2.5mm output.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back