Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 10, 2019 at 1:56 PM Post #4,606 of 6,675
Noob question...

Is it possible to save the EQ settings on the es100? Everytime turn off/on the es100, the EQ is at flat and I have to set it again.

Yes, it is possible.

Detail answer can be found > start the EarStudio app, click on top left corner > Manual > UK (open pdf) > score down to [Equalizer Tab] :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:

May 11, 2019 at 12:24 AM Post #4,607 of 6,675
For a period of time, the samsung email app on my Galaxy S7 Edge was not retrieving emails. I finally figured out that it was because the device was full, and once I cleared off some photos etc, my emails started working.

Now that I think about it, around the same time my ES100 was randomly disconnecting from my phone (for a few days), but everything seems to be fine now, seemingly also since I cleared up some space on my phone.

I'm not sure if these things are connected, but maybe they are? Just throwing it out there.
I seem to have solved my issues with buffering/skipping... drum roll please.......

Doing the factory reset (holding 4 buttons, NOT the reset button in-app) has so-far fixed all the problems.

Now I'm curious about how it happened. Is there internal memory that "accidentally" stored data? I wonder if the device was trying to write over old data and had to delete old data and had an i/o bottleneck.

Any thoughts?

I have not had any serious issues. Methinks there might've been a ram problem but Android has handled that fairly well the last 2 or 3 iterations. Otoh, I think there is a higher probability it could've been an app cache issue. I have not had cache issues for a long time but find your app info, clear cache, uninstall app to be thorough and reinstall and setup. That has cleared issues for me several times. I have only had to factory reset phones after rom installs and had app backups so no biggie.

Last edited:
May 11, 2019 at 2:02 AM Post #4,608 of 6,675
I have not had any serious issues. Methinks there might've been a ram problem but Android has handled that fairly well the last 2 or 3 iterations. Otoh, I think there is a higher probability it could've been an app cache issue. I have not had cache issues for a long time but find your app info, clear cache, uninstall app to be thorough and reinstall and setup. That has cleared issues for me several times. I have only had to factory reset phones after rom installs and had app backups so no biggie.
I’m using an iPhone XR, but if/when the problem happens again I’ll do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the data.

Another thing that’s been happening is the es100 reboots itself when a 2.5mm cable is plugged in. I’ll have music playing and move the cable/es100 which causes a reboot of the es100. Anyone else?

May 11, 2019 at 7:07 AM Post #4,609 of 6,675
Never had this reboot problem whatsoever. And I'm using a 2.5mm cable plugged into my ES100 all the time.

May 11, 2019 at 6:58 PM Post #4,610 of 6,675
I’m using an iPhone XR, but if/when the problem happens again I’ll do a complete uninstall/reinstall of the data.

Another thing that’s been happening is the es100 reboots itself when a 2.5mm cable is plugged in. I’ll have music playing and move the cable/es100 which causes a reboot of the es100. Anyone else?

I have no idea about iOS if there are issues. I would try reinstalling firmware and seeing what is stable for you.

May 12, 2019 at 4:37 PM Post #4,612 of 6,675
I purchased this little gem last night from Amazon for 70 usd new and received it today, I was never a believer of Bluetooth. I was wrong this is a great little device!
BT has made great strides in the past couple years. I also have the new Advanced Sound Model X and they sound awesome for being completely wireless. I had tried some Sound Peats a year or two ago and they were not good at all IMO

May 14, 2019 at 4:23 AM Post #4,614 of 6,675
I'm using USB audio player pro.

What should I set the sampling rate to, device native, fixed 44.1 or variable?

I'm using ldac. I don't understand how android processes audio when sending over bluetooth. My device native sample rate is 48

May 14, 2019 at 4:49 AM Post #4,615 of 6,675
I'm using USB audio player pro.

What should I set the sampling rate to, device native, fixed 44.1 or variable?

I'm using ldac. I don't understand how android processes audio when sending over bluetooth. My device native sample rate is 48

That setting should only affect built-in DAC on your smartphone and have no effect on your ES100. Keep it to native.

May 14, 2019 at 4:55 AM Post #4,616 of 6,675
Clearly that isn't the case.

If you select native, then 24/96 files are down sampled to 48 BEFORE being passed to the OS. What happens after that is anyone's guess, I don't know if it then resamples to 96khz for ldac before bluetooth output?

If you select variable it will send unaltered 96khz to the OS, but normally android will then down sample to 48khz using an algorithm that's inferior to UAPP. Does it still do this when outputting over bluetooth?

May 14, 2019 at 9:05 AM Post #4,617 of 6,675
Clearly that isn't the case.

According to UAPP developer, variable setting will not resample the files unless they are over 192kHz. So if you suspect Android will resample your music with an inferior 48kHz SRC and rather prefer UAPP to do the job, then you want to set it to native (which UAPP will resample everything to 48kHz (most Android default) first, before sending to Android, thus saving the files being resampled again by Android. But if you suspect Android doesn't resample, then you can keep the file intact with the variable setting. The point is, I know some Android smartphone makers (and some higher end Android DAP makers as well) use their own audio driver and not the standard Android driver, so it is hard to say for sure whether SRC will happen or not.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back