Radsone EarStudio ES100
Sep 4, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,477 of 6,675
It really feels like a beta product once you start using it. It really needs some polishing to compete on the same level as the ES100.
It doesn't feel beta to me at all but keep in mind I have only used it in the most basic fashion i.e. connecting to ZX300 using LDAC and playing music. As I said, I will be testing the actual battery life when the opportunity arises, hopefully, tomorrow.

Sep 4, 2018 at 3:11 PM Post #2,478 of 6,675
I'm having a couple of problems with my ES100. I have selected the car power setting (Auto Power off when charger disconnected ) in the app, when I power off my car the ES100 does power off, but when I power on my car the device stays off until I press the power button. This does not happen when I use a wall-charger to power the device and it turns off and on as I expect. I also cannot get the ES100 to automatically connect to my phone on power-on. Has anyone experienced either of these problems and found the solution or at least the root cause?

Sep 4, 2018 at 4:45 PM Post #2,484 of 6,675
I'm having a couple of problems with my ES100. I have selected the car power setting (Auto Power off when charger disconnected ) in the app, when I power off my car the ES100 does power off, but when I power on my car the device stays off until I press the power button. This does not happen when I use a wall-charger to power the device and it turns off and on as I expect. I also cannot get the ES100 to automatically connect to my phone on power-on. Has anyone experienced either of these problems and found the solution or at least the root cause?

What phone is it?

Sep 4, 2018 at 5:05 PM Post #2,486 of 6,675
I have a ZTE Axon 7

I used to have an UMIDIGI plus E, completely useless with Bluetooth, I would need to reboot regularly to fix issues after it would only connect automatically once. I then gave up on cheap Chinese phones.

Since having an LG, Bluetooth is pretty much automatic 98% of the time. I think it's software driver issues or possibly very poor quality control on antennas for many Chinese manufacturers.

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:19 PM Post #2,487 of 6,675
I used to have an UMIDIGI plus E, completely useless with Bluetooth, I would need to reboot regularly to fix issues after it would only connect automatically once. I then gave up on cheap Chinese phones.

Since having an LG, Bluetooth is pretty much automatic 98% of the time. I think it's software driver issues or possibly very poor quality control on antennas for many Chinese manufacturers.

My Axon 7 Mini connects with no problems.

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:53 PM Post #2,488 of 6,675
I currently have a fiio e10k/fiio a5 dac/amp combo. I am looking for something more portable. Would the ES100 provide a similar audio quality?
Fiio A5 is a amp only .Fiio A5 outputs 880 mw at 32 ohm.
I have the Fiio A5 which I use with an (wired) LG V20 and(wired) ATH M50x and it sounds better than My Note 8 with Earstudio Es100 using LDAC and ATH M50x but it is more portable .

Last edited:
Sep 4, 2018 at 6:55 PM Post #2,489 of 6,675
My Axon 7 Mini connects with no problems.

I did a quick search for Bluetooth issues on the axon 7 and found them and it just reminded me of my issues on the UMIDIGI plus e. If its hardware quality control, then it will be hit and miss.

I bought another Chinese phone once new, it had been refurbished manually and when it died, they claimed I was the one that soldered it.

You pay more for less risk, I didn't even pay that much more for an LG, it was only about $300 usd at the time.

Sep 4, 2018 at 6:59 PM Post #2,490 of 6,675
I have Earstudio ES100 and have a pair of Bluetooth Sony H900N which can also be used with a wire(3.5mm) I turn off bluetooth on the Sony h900n then use via wire with Earstudio which gives me better sound and volume. However I read this of the Sony website "The headset supports high resolution audio playback when connecting via the supplied headphone cable and turned on." .Will using my Sony H900n with bluetooth on and connected via cable to Earstudio Es100 and via bluetooth to Samsung note 8 damage anything ?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back