1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last
  1. Galeonero
    Hi, I understand, for the price is one of the best bluetooth devices.
    Now I ask you the following, is it still highly recommended if you compare it with DAP that are around the same price? For example, the AP80 Hidiz is around 115 dollars and has the DAC ES9218P.

2. tayano
    You didn’t run it balanced right?

3. tayano
    Did you run hd650 balanced?

4. Luap123
    Will I have any benefits from running custom in-ear monitors with 12,5 Ohm on balanced out?
    Needless to say that in terms of volume I can hardly go above - 20db out of the single ended already. Will there be any other benefit than output power from using balanced?

5. peter123
    Yes I do.

6. SilverLodestar
    I did, I even tried out the 2x voltage option with no better results.

7. crabdog
    It really boils down to usage and standards. If you want a device primarily for streaming Bluetooth then the ES100 would be the better choice because it supports higher quality codecs i.e. aptX HD and LDAC. The AP80 has only regular aptX, which is still pretty good IMO but may not satisfy you, depending on how demanding you are re audio quality.

8. zolom
    What is the best method to quickly switch the ES100 between two BT sources? The 1st is my android phone and the 2nd, a BT transmitter connected to my TV audio output.

Thanks

Last edited: Sep 4, 2018
  9. Elzizo
    I am going to be returning my Fiio BTR3. It feels like a half-baked product.

Pros:
    - The Fiio has a much better build quality than the ES100. Metal body, metal buttons, longer shirt clip that is metal with nice clamping force, and a smooth glass top
    - The Fiio indicator light tells you what Codec you are using based on the color. Handy when you are bouncing between sources.
    - The Fiio supports NFC pairing
    - The Fiio supports USB-C quick charging
    - Sounds very nice, although a different sound signature than the ES100. I would call the BTR3 on the slightly bright side compared to the ES100

Cons:
    - Terrible battery life if using any codec other than AAC. I am getting only about 3-3.5 hours of life out of the BTR3 using LDAC
    - No indicator on the Pixel XL running Android PI for what the hardware volume is set at on the BTR3
    - No 2.5mm balanced out
    - No app support
    - No firmware updates
    - Not able to drive any of my headphones well that are over 100 ohm
    - Not enough voltage to drive any of my planar headphones

So there is my quick and dirty comparison. Although the Fiio BTR3 in time might compete with the ES100 with a firmware update, it currently is not even in the same league. In my opinion, The ES100 is still the best mobile Bluetooth streaming device out there today.

bidn, peonist, pitsel and 1 other person like this.
  10. crabdog
    I haven't had time to test yet but I'm definitely curious to see how long the battery on my BTR3 lasts on a full charge using LDAC.

Elzizo likes this.
  11. MisterMudd
    Fantastic update. Confirmed my purchase of the ES100 for $75 on Amazon recently. Incoming this week.

Elzizo likes this.
  12. waynes world
    Ouch. That alone is a major deal breaker imo.

Elzizo likes this.
  13. peter123
    I wonder when FiiO will stop release their beta products to the public.....

monsieurfromag3, trellus and Elzizo like this.
  14. Elzizo
    It really feels like a beta product once you start using it. It really needs some polishing to compete on the same level as the ES100.

15. peter123
    Maybe they get it right with the BTR3iii :)

Elzizo, monsieurfromag3 and Lurk650 like this.
First

Back
155 156 157 158 159 160 161 162 163 164
166 167 168 169 170 171 172 173 174 175
Next

Last