Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 26, 2018 at 5:06 PM Post #2,312 of 6,675
I can't help wondering what unbalanced output is, I've only ever learned about single ended and balanced outputs :wink:

smartass.jpg

Lol - you caught me in an unbalanced moment!

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 4:35 AM Post #2,317 of 6,675
@wslee How accurate is Output Level Estimation on EU iPhones? They are capped due to EU law, so I assume that when the app is readin 90db the actual lever is lower?
I hope there’s an explanation like the one you propose and the output level estimation is wrong, otherwise I’m really listening at 110 dB with my Nuforce and won’t be on Head-fi for long :dizzy_face:

Something’s clearly wrong though, since with other iems’ specs correctly filled in and at volume approximately matched I get a huge variance in the estimation, like I’m listening 2 or 3 times quieter.

Aug 27, 2018 at 6:14 AM Post #2,318 of 6,675
I hope there’s an explanation like the one you propose and the output level estimation is wrong, otherwise I’m really listening at 110 dB with my Nuforce and won’t be on Head-fi for long :dizzy_face:

Something’s clearly wrong though, since with other iems’ specs correctly filled in and at volume approximately matched I get a huge variance in the estimation, like I’m listening 2 or 3 times quieter.

Yes, it is very confusing. I'm listening to 92dB now and it's not load at all..rather the opposite. Usually it's only recommended you listen for anything above 85dB for maximum 30min straight.

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:54 AM Post #2,320 of 6,675
I'm running my ES100 with Sennheiser HD25, 70ohm. Just upgraded to balanced and i gotta say; WOW.

But what would happen if i go balanced 2x voltage? I get a warning saying its only used for headphones with 300ohm or more. Can i blow something up? Dont want to risk anything but my finger is itching to press the button.... :D

Aug 27, 2018 at 10:59 AM Post #2,321 of 6,675
I'm running my ES100 with Sennheiser HD25, 70ohm. Just upgraded to balanced and i gotta say; WOW.

But what would happen if i go balanced 2x voltage? I get a warning saying its only used for headphones with 300ohm or more. Can i blow something up? Dont want to risk anything but my finger is itching to press the button.... :D

lower volume to 0, press the button, start raising volume.

but it should sound exactly the same, you arent switching the circuitry in any way that can affect the sound. you're just using higher bias voltage for the dac and sucking up battery life.

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,322 of 6,675

Should not be a problem
Sound quality even better
Enjoy!

Aug 27, 2018 at 12:38 PM Post #2,323 of 6,675
It'd be cool if we could get a volume matching algorithm in this that would adjust the output volume a little bit to even out the volume of tracks in a playlist. I never enable the feature on my iPhone because it drops the output volume feeding the DAC and thins out the sound.

Also, I had volume limit enabled on my iPhone. This actually limits the volume being supplied to the es100. When I removed it, I got more volume out of the es100 and a fatter sound. So take care with that. Volume limit doesn't impact the iOS volume sync, that always outputs full, but since this device doesn't implement that you want to disable volume limit.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 2:00 PM Post #2,324 of 6,675
Has anyone tried the ES100 with any of Amazon Fire Tablets? Wanted to make sure LDAC and the Radsone App worked on Amazon's version of Android before I made a purchase for a tablet.
I would be very surprised if Fire tablets support LDAC. FireOS is branched off on a separate fork and won't pick up updates to Android.

A quick Google search for Fire tablet specs doesn't show any added Bluetooth codecs. This comparison to an Asus tablet suggests that the Fire tablet doesn't even have aptX: https://www.gsmarena.com/compare.php3?idPhone1=8872&idPhone2=8218

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 2:03 PM Post #2,325 of 6,675
Oh man just after a week of using this device, the 2.5mm balanced slot broke. Only the left earpiece produces sound and the sq is really bad like theres no bass at all.

Is there a quick fix for this or i have no choice but to return them back? I would need to ship them back and im from Philippines. This sucks.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back