Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 27, 2018 at 2:16 PM Post #2,326 of 6,675
Oh man just after a week of using this device, the 2.5mm balanced slot broke. Only the left earpiece produces sound and the sq is really bad like theres no bass at all.

Is there a quick fix for this or i have no choice but to return them back? I would need to ship them back and im from Philippines. This sucks.
First you might want to double check that the jack is the problem, It could be your 2.5mm cable, or the cable connection to your iems?

IF you have a 3.5mm cable or earphones, how do they sound through that Single ended jack? OK I hope?

Can you get the earphones to make any sound out of the right by moving/wiggling the 2.5mm tip around from side to side?

If it's just the Jack(slot), I would think that a good electronics repair shop there in Philippines could repair it for a very low cost. Sometimes jack can be fixed, sometimes just easier to replace the jack.

Jacks don't normally go bad so fast. Either defecive/poor quality, or the jack was stressed somehow during use, or when in a pocket/pack with the jack still connected...

Just some ideas.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 3:13 PM Post #2,327 of 6,675
First you might want to double check that the jack is the problem, It could be your 2.5mm cable, or the cable connection to your iems?

IF you have a 3.5mm cable or earphones, how do they sound through that Single ended jack? OK I hope?

Can you get the earphones to make any sound out of the right by moving/wiggling the 2.5mm tip around from side to side?

If it's just the Jack(slot), I would think that a good electronics repair shop there in Philippines could repair it for a very low cost. Sometimes jack can be fixed, sometimes just easier to replace the jack.

Jacks don't normally go bad so fast. Either defecive/poor quality, or the jack was stressed somehow during use, or when in a pocket/pack with the jack still connected...

Just some ideas.
Yes I tried my 3.5mm stock cable and its working fine. The 2.5mm plug only produces sound on my left ear. And then I tried to plug it again and it produces sound on my right ear by moving it slowly side to side when not fully inserted.

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:21 PM Post #2,328 of 6,675
So, someone commented on which digital filter people are liking. I would love to see more thoughts on that. I haven't messed with it from default much but I think i will.

Also I see others are realizing the output dB calculation must be very wrong. If they got this to actually work it would be very helpful, but I am not sure how possible that is

Aug 27, 2018 at 3:24 PM Post #2,329 of 6,675
Good, So the device is OK. But the Jack is damaged.

Your choice on what to do/ See if local repair shop thinks they can repair the jack. Or contact Radsone for return or advice.

One idea... If you have a local shop that can do the opening and soldering; Maybe @wslee can have Radsone send you a replacement 2.5mm jack. Having the exact replacement would make local repair simpler. This would cost a lot less than shipping the ES100 from and then back to the Philippines.

Last edited:
Aug 27, 2018 at 6:35 PM Post #2,331 of 6,675
So, someone commented on which digital filter people are liking. I would love to see more thoughts on that. I haven't messed with it from default much but I think i will.

Also I see others are realizing the output dB calculation must be very wrong. If they got this to actually work it would be very helpful, but I am not sure how possible that is
I have mine on Slow Roll Off, very subtle differences but this one just seems to catch my ear a bit more.

Aug 27, 2018 at 7:09 PM Post #2,332 of 6,675
I have mine on Slow Roll Off, very subtle differences but this one just seems to catch my ear a bit more.

Me too for now. I read about aliasing. If it's there I can't hear it. Slow sounds smoother, fast sounds clearer, but brighter. Smoother allows longer listening.

Aug 27, 2018 at 9:52 PM Post #2,334 of 6,675
Aug 28, 2018 at 1:35 AM Post #2,336 of 6,675

Sharp is only reasonable option,
Me too for now. I read about aliasing. If it's there I can't hear it. Slow sounds smoother, fast sounds clearer, but brighter. Smoother allows longer listening.
Yeah, because slow agressive skews trebles. If you like warm sound - use EQ, but use sharp filter anyway.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:06 AM Post #2,337 of 6,675
Sharp is only reasonable option,

Yeah, because slow agressive skews trebles. If you like warm sound - use EQ, but use sharp filter anyway.

I've been flip flopping between sharp, slow and delay sharp since I got this. Depending on the track they all have advantages. Most of the time I like sharp, but sometimes it gets shouty or spikey.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:31 AM Post #2,338 of 6,675
Haven't used my ES100 in a couple days, usually I just hold the power button on the ES100 but the other day I pressed the power button in app. Tonight I turn it on and instantly starts in the middle of a song that's on my SD card. I have a few different music players on my phone. None are playing the song, opening apps causes immense lag and cutting in and out. Pressing pause on the ES100 does nothing. Turning off and on does nothing. I turned my phone off and the music was still playing! Once the song finished I was able to normally play music again.

IDK what happened but its pretty creepy. Does the device somehow store music in it's cache?

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:45 AM Post #2,339 of 6,675
Haven't used my ES100 in a couple days, usually I just hold the power button on the ES100 but the other day I pressed the power button in app. Tonight I turn it on and instantly starts in the middle of a song that's on my SD card. I have a few different music players on my phone. None are playing the song, opening apps causes immense lag and cutting in and out. Pressing pause on the ES100 does nothing. Turning off and on does nothing. I turned my phone off and the music was still playing! Once the song finished I was able to normally play music again.

IDK what happened but its pretty creepy. Does the device somehow store music in it's cache?
Well does the song still plays after you pulled your sd card?
If it did then you might have a problem…:dt880smile:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back