Radsone EarStudio ES100
Aug 28, 2018 at 5:18 AM Post #2,342 of 6,675
Is there a possibility that my ES100 significantly deplets my phone battery while connected idle to bluetooth, without playing anything?
It won't deplete battery anymore than a standard BT headset, no. But there may be a process running in the background you're not aware of. Have you tried the usual - ES100 restart, phone restart?

Aug 28, 2018 at 5:32 AM Post #2,343 of 6,675
Es100 sounds better and more detailed than Mojo so strike that out :)
Dude, when I read your comment my first thought was, come on, there's a $500 detail monster with ten times the weight and size versus an ultra-portable $100 device capable of the best BT possible transmission. It's not a knock on the ES100 to admit it's below the Mojo at what the Mojo does best. So I just went through the same playlist I used to audition the Mojo a few days ago. I still think the Mojo is a step above - fuller, with a better handle on explosive dynamics, more detail. The ES100 sounds softer, probably by design, even a tad veiled by comparison. But it's a closer race than I envisioned in my mind. The Radsone is one of those devices that has you doubting the worth of any upgrade. Is such-and-such really worth 5x, 10x more to me? Can I justify the footprint on my desk? Is it truly more enjoyable? It's a rare device that will have me say yes. For instance I listened to the Astell&Kern Acro L1000, a 1000€ device. Apart from its ability to drive desktop speakers, there is literally nothing it does better than the Earstudio - and quite a few things it does worse.
Looks like I'll have to go listen to the Mojo again :smirk:

Aug 28, 2018 at 11:00 AM Post #2,344 of 6,675
Well does the song still plays after you pulled your sd card?
If it did then you might have a problem…:dt880smile:
Lol I restarted my phone and the whole time the song was still playing. That is not normal at all. The phone was off and music was still coming through.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:10 PM Post #2,346 of 6,675
Apparently, you had the second device connected to ES100 which was playing it. Happens.
There is no second device lol. I only have my phone connected to the ES100. Nice guess though.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:12 PM Post #2,347 of 6,675
I agree with you, the ES100 hits ways above it's price class. My main rig is iBasso DX200 with Amp5, and I am finding that I am rarely wanting to pull it out and play it. It is better, but the ES100 is just4 very satisfying. Plus I like the ES100's EQ better.

Dude, when I read your comment my first thought was, come on, there's a $500 detail monster with ten times the weight and size versus an ultra-portable $100 device capable of the best BT possible transmission. It's not a knock on the ES100 to admit it's below the Mojo at what the Mojo does best. So I just went through the same playlist I used to audition the Mojo a few days ago. I still think the Mojo is a step above - fuller, with a better handle on explosive dynamics, more detail. The ES100 sounds softer, probably by design, even a tad veiled by comparison. But it's a closer race than I envisioned in my mind. The Radsone is one of those devices that has you doubting the worth of any upgrade. Is such-and-such really worth 5x, 10x more to me? Can I justify the footprint on my desk? Is it truly more enjoyable? It's a rare device that will have me say yes. For instance I listened to the Astell&Kern Acro L1000, a 1000€ device. Apart from its ability to drive desktop speakers, there is literally nothing it does better than the Earstudio - and quite a few things it does worse.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:14 PM Post #2,348 of 6,675
Aug 28, 2018 at 2:17 PM Post #2,349 of 6,675
Sharp is the only reasonable option? LMAO. Go with what your ear your likes not what people tell you is better, Zero.

Aug 28, 2018 at 2:18 PM Post #2,350 of 6,675
Trying sharp too. I do think something extra is present up top compared to the default filter. I will give it a week, but I think i like it.

Aug 29, 2018 at 12:41 AM Post #2,351 of 6,675
I've been flip flopping between sharp, slow and delay sharp since I got this. Depending on the track they all have advantages. Most of the time I like sharp, but sometimes it gets shouty or spikey.
I agree with this. Have been using slow roll-off up until one or two weeks ago. Sharp is my favorite but as zerolight said; sometimes it gets shouty.

@zerolight: regarding going balanced, I just did with my HD25 and it helped with better Dynamics, wider airier and more precise soundstage and imaging. It got me those few extra % and I won't ever regret this upgrade with the es100. Can't speak for other DAPs though.

Aug 29, 2018 at 1:42 AM Post #2,352 of 6,675

Agreed. It's definitely not better than the mojo. That almost sounded liquid with my setup. However, the radsone does sound very good.

Aug 29, 2018 at 2:04 AM Post #2,353 of 6,675
Sharp is the only reasonable option? LMAO. Go with what your ear your likes not what people tell you is better, Zero.
Setup EQ to what your ear likes. Keep filter sharp. Other filters make aliasing and skew FR.

Impulse response of slow filter doesn't matter - your ear can't hear it. HF drop you can hear for sure. If you like that - use EQ.

Last edited:
Aug 29, 2018 at 2:14 AM Post #2,355 of 6,675
Hey, I'm new to this thread. I love my ES 100 great device.
I have a suggestion for a feature: it would be amazing if Radsone could implement a slider that controls the analog volume in the status bar of android. I've seen this been done by other apps before. That way one could alter analog volume without going into the actual app it self nor fiddling around with the tiny volume control buttons on the unit. It would even be possible to change analog volume from Android's lockscreen as one can pull down the status bar without unlocking the phone.
Don't know if something similar could be done on IOS but for Android it would certainly help usability.

Thanks anyway for the awesome device :)

Bump.
No one thinks this would be a feature worth implementing? I belong to those who constantly have to adjust volume. And I find it somewhat cumbersome to adjust volume on the device it self. So I have to unlock my phone and go to the app every time Wouldn't it be cool to be able to change analog volume from android lock screen by just pulling down the status bar?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back