Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 29, 2020 at 5:51 AM Post #6,106 of 6,675
Yes. They’re just plastic pieces that float on top of a SMD micro push button.

Basically, the ‘buttons’ you see are not buttons. They’re small pieces of plastic that you push, that in turn push the real buttons.

Most electronics use a similar method. The ES100 uses tolerances that are within acceptable ranges, so there is nothing to worry about.

Thanks a lot.

I'm playing around with the EQ presets. I noticed something strange - the presets hardly change the EQ graph at all.

For example after selecting 'Bass Booster', this is what the graph looks like on my Galaxy S10:

ES100 Bass Booster.jpg

Basically looks like a Flat graph. Aren't the presets supposed to have more of an impact? In the case of Bass Booster, i was expecting a V shaped graph...

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 7:01 AM Post #6,107 of 6,675
Another issue;

I've been playing music through the YouTube Vanced app (Vanced is YouTube without ads, for Androids). I was switching music back and forth between Vanced and Spotify, and then suddenly after playing a video on Vanced for a few minutes, the audio completely stopped (but the video kept playing). I opened the Spotify and could still play music through Spotify. The microphone on the ES100 was also working perfectly fine which I tested. It seems audio had simply stopped transmitting from the Youtube Vanced.

I have all options such as SBC, ApTX, ApTXHD, AAC ticked. I believe it was running on LDAC, as this is what I'd enabled on the Samasung Bluetooth settings for the ES100.

Then suddenly out of nowhere the sound from Youtube Vanced came back... Wonder what's going on?

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 9:03 AM Post #6,108 of 6,675
Thanks a lot.

I'm playing around with the EQ presets. I noticed something strange - the presets hardly change the EQ graph at all.

For example after selecting 'Bass Booster', this is what the graph looks like on my Galaxy S10:

ES100 Bass Booster.jpg
Basically looks like a Flat graph. Aren't the presets supposed to have more of an impact? In the case of Bass Booster, i was expecting a V shaped graph...

This is my 'Bass Booster' preset on an iPhone. Values are completely different so I would suggest maybe trying a factory reset?
With values that low, you won't hear a difference.

IMG_965471288DAC-1.jpeg

Apr 29, 2020 at 9:44 AM Post #6,109 of 6,675
Thanks a lot.

ES100 Bass Booster.jpg

Is your EQ slider switch enabled? Otherwise, the graph doesn’t do anything.

Apr 29, 2020 at 10:18 AM Post #6,110 of 6,675
Is your EQ slider switch enabled? Otherwise, the graph doesn’t do anything.

Yup enabled. The Eq sliders work, just that the presets hardly do anything because they hardly move the sliders. If you look at my pic your can see the sliders have moved only marginally... 0.4, 0.3, 0.2 etc after selecting Bass Boost

Last edited:
Apr 29, 2020 at 10:58 AM Post #6,111 of 6,675
Yup enabled. The Eq sliders work, just that the presets hardly do anything because they hardly move the sliders. If you look at my pic your can see the sliders have moved only marginally... 0.4, 0.3, 0.2 etc after selecting Bass Boost

That’s very odd. Maybe try rebooting your phone and/or reinstalling the app?

Also, make sure you are on the latest version of ES100 firmware, which you can check from inside the app.

Apr 29, 2020 at 1:23 PM Post #6,112 of 6,675
This is my 'Bass Booster' preset on an iPhone. Values are completely different so I would suggest maybe trying a factory reset?
With values that low, you won't hear a difference.

IMG_965471288DAC-1.jpeg

It's so strange, after playing around I noticed that when I change the 'Adapt Sound' settings in my Galaxy S10 from 'Off' / 'Under 30 years old' / '30 to 60 years old' / 'Over 60 years old', it affects the EQ presets on the ES100! How strange.

You need to close the EarStudio app before making the changes in the Samsung settings for it to take effect, but basically this is how it changes the 'Bass Boost' preset after I make the changes:

Adapt sound Off: 31.5 hz becomes 2.7 (just like yours @davehutch)
Under 30 years old: 31.5 hz becomes 1.4
30 to 60 years old: 31.5 hz becomes 0.7
Over 60 years old: 31.5 hz becomes 0.4

The other frequencies change as well but I'm not going to type them all out, just the 31.5 hz to show you what I mean.

What is going on.........

Apr 30, 2020 at 5:39 AM Post #6,113 of 6,675
I'm wondering if there would be any issue installing the ES100 application on 2 phones that are paired to the ES100?

(Galaxy S10 and galaxy S8)

i would replicate settings across both of them.

Apr 30, 2020 at 2:13 PM Post #6,114 of 6,675
It's so strange, after playing around I noticed that when I change the 'Adapt Sound' settings in my Galaxy S10 from 'Off' / 'Under 30 years old' / '30 to 60 years old' / 'Over 60 years old', it affects the EQ presets on the ES100! How strange.

You need to close the EarStudio app before making the changes in the Samsung settings for it to take effect, but basically this is how it changes the 'Bass Boost' preset after I make the changes:

Adapt sound Off: 31.5 hz becomes 2.7 (just like yours @davehutch)
Under 30 years old: 31.5 hz becomes 1.4
30 to 60 years old: 31.5 hz becomes 0.7
Over 60 years old: 31.5 hz becomes 0.4

The other frequencies change as well but I'm not going to type them all out, just the 31.5 hz to show you what I mean.

What is going on.........

This is probably blasphemical, but I have been using the Adapt Sound on my Samsungs for years. Everything basically sounds much better to me (even through the ES100 etc) when I use it. Yes, you may start the stoning now lol..

Apr 30, 2020 at 10:52 PM Post #6,115 of 6,675
I'm wondering if there would be any issue installing the ES100 application on 2 phones that are paired to the ES100?

(Galaxy S10 and galaxy S8)

i would replicate settings across both of them.
Works fine in my s9+ and tab s6, adjusting something in one app replies in the other app since all settings are stored in the es100, just marvelous
This is probably blasphemical, but I have been using the Adapt Sound on my Samsungs for years. Everything basically sounds much better to me (even through the ES100 etc) when I use it. Yes, you may start the stoning now lol..
I always disliked those audio processors and always had galaxy phones, haven't try it from years, maybe give them a minute shot just to see how bad it is...... or not :thinking:

May 1, 2020 at 5:11 AM Post #6,116 of 6,675
Works fine in my s9+ and tab s6, adjusting something in one app replies in the other app since all settings are stored in the es100, just marvelous

I always disliked those audio processors and always had galaxy phones, haven't try it from years, maybe give them a minute shot just to see how bad it is...... or not :thinking:
Tell us how you like it

May 1, 2020 at 6:21 AM Post #6,117 of 6,675

Every time you switch up devices, does it ask you to re-authenticate? That's what I'm experiencing currently... n

May 2, 2020 at 2:42 PM Post #6,118 of 6,675
Please don't get mad at me with this question...

I was told by some people (yes more than one!) that the ES100 can receive bluetooth signal and transport to another dac/amp device using usb audio out.

is that true? I know it has been asked or discussed serveral times, but it just makes me confused. And I myself have been searching info on this, but no clues...

So, I want some sort of comfirmation from people in this thread.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back