Radsone EarStudio ES100
May 2, 2020 at 3:47 PM Post #6,121 of 6,675
Please don't get mad at me with this question...

I was told by some people (yes more than one!) that the ES100 can receive bluetooth signal and transport to another dac/amp device using usb audio out.

is that true? I know it has been asked or discussed serveral times, but it just makes me confused. And I myself have been searching info on this, but no clues...

So, I want some sort of comfirmation from people in this thread.

The ES100 doesn't have usb audio output so this can't be done :)

Oops, too late....

May 2, 2020 at 5:39 PM Post #6,122 of 6,675
After 6 months my ES100 is dying...
Powered on it is shutting down abruptly at small moves. It restarts when pressing play but a little jiggle is enough to shuts down again. It doesn't matter the type of connection. It happens on bluetooth (doesn't matter if 2.5" and 3.5" output) and it happens also when connected as a USB DAC. I've updated to v2.0.2 firmware but nothing changed. It is a hardware failure because only a simple tap on it when it sits as a DAC on my desk is enough to cut down the power.
I really liked this little gem when it was working.

Exact same behavior on my ES100, which is out of warranty. Is there any way to resolve this?

May 5, 2020 at 2:22 AM Post #6,125 of 6,675
Does anyone know how to disable the next/previous track buttons?

I never intentionally use them. I only ever accidentally press them and change the song without wanting to. It's very annoying.

You could sand/file the plastic buttons down flush with the case (or trim them down with a razor blade).

You could also disassemble the ES100 and remove the plastic buttons from the inside.

May 7, 2020 at 11:50 PM Post #6,129 of 6,675
Hi, we have a good news to share with you :) A limited quantity of ES100 MK1 is available now at www.earstudio.store at $69.99.
Thank you always for your inputs and discussions!!

To anyone that's going to take advantage of this great deal, be sure to sign up for the newsletter for the $3 coupon, bringing the ES100 MK1 to $66.99 :)

May 11, 2020 at 11:06 AM Post #6,131 of 6,675
I use Chifi IEM's (KZ ZS10 Pro, Tin T4, CCA C12) and a 3.5mm (unbalanced) cable.

I'm wondering if the 1x (rather than 2x) current mode is sufficient? I don't have a highly trained, critical ears. Just wondering if I would expect to notice much of a difference in sound on the above IEM's and unbalanced cable in 1x mode?

It would also be good to understand the above if I were to use a balanced 2.5mm cable (arriving shortly). 1x voltage vs 2x voltage mode.

May 11, 2020 at 2:54 PM Post #6,134 of 6,675
Hey i just ordered the radstone deal but dhl is asking for 35 euros which is half the cost of the product. I got the product to avoid paying full price
Thanks

Actually it’s DHL doing customs collection (and keeping ca 15,- to themselves in the process)...
Which is a bit much given the small amount in question, but handling is a fixed amount I guess.

Yes, financially it’s not the best option to order from EarStudio directly.

May 11, 2020 at 4:09 PM Post #6,135 of 6,675
Do you guys know how I should configure these settings so it's as close to the original source as possible? I don't want the sound to change beyond how it sounded when I just ran my IEM's from my iPhone, so which of these settings will have the least effect on the sound?

es100 stuff.png

Users who are viewing this thread

Back