1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Radsone EarStudio ES100

Discussion in 'Portable Headphone Amps' started by m4rkw, Dec 12, 2017.
First

Back
293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302
304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313
Next

Last
  1. Pricklyears101
    Z reviews is up. Funny how he spent 28 mins wetting himself over just the app

2. Pricklyears101
    Have a look at this:

Cerebro likes this.
  3. waynes world
    'Ol Z cracks me up. Huh - I learned a few things about the ES100 :)

4. Jearly410
    Anyone having issues with buffering? Playing from the iPhone XR, and 6s+, I get drop outs and buffering lag. Just happened out of the blue one day and after resetting the app, reinstalling latest firmware, un-pairing it with all known devices, setting buffer length to 10, 3.5mm and 2.5mm, nothing has fixed it.

5. Pricklyears101
    If it's simultaneously paired to 2 devices, yeah it happens sometimes. Could be improved upon with another firmware update maybe, but not a dealbreaker for me. Of course the app did warn that it happens in a noisy (rfi, not noise) environment and results may vary. Wierd thing is, when simultaneously paired with my phone(ldac) and desktop pc(aptx), audio from phone never stuttered but it does from the pc so i usually unpair my phone if i want to use it exclusively with my pc. Maybe it's a codec issue, maybe...

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
  6. stevenswall
    I appreciated that... Can't stand when reviews, often with phone ROMs don't go through ALL of the camera, multitasking, video, audio, and settings options, or show the multitasking menu. Call it an "overview" or an "introduction" if it's not going over the unique features.

The 1 ohm or .5 ohm output impedance caught my eye... 16 ohm earphones can change frequency response when some phones have high output impedance, and the OnePlus 3T output impedance has never been published.

Last edited: Apr 30, 2019
    Pricklyears101 likes this.
  7. Jearly410
    I’ll take another look thru all paired devices and see if I missed something.

8. Pricklyears101
    Ifi earbuddy/iematch to lower output impedance or dunu impedance adapter to increase iem impedance might help. Some etymotic users use them and they do affect the freq curve

9. Pricklyears101
    Ifi earbuddy/iematch to lower output impedance or dunu impedance adapter to increase iem impedance might help. Some etymotic users use them and they do affect the freq curve

10. NWLierly
    Finally got an OTG cable that works for my Pixel 3 to the ES - I can finally stop being that guy on flights who pretends that turning Bluetooth back on is allowed

I am not sure what was wrong with the cables I'd tried before, anyone know what specs these cables are supposed to be? This one just seemed to work...

11. Mouseman
    You're in the US? If so, most airlines and the FAA allow short range Bluetooth on airplanes, and have for quite some time.
    https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=15254

12. chinmie
    understandable. the ES100 app is a pure tweaker's delight. just the fact they put in an app in the first place is nice, the tweakability make it an overall great product and puts competitors to shame.
    and anyone who have the product since early indiegogo times would testify how great of a support Radsone puts out to their product and paying customers

13. waynes world
    For a period of time, the samsung email app on my Galaxy S7 Edge was not retrieving emails. I finally figured out that it was because the device was full, and once I cleared off some photos etc, my emails started working.

Now that I think about it, around the same time my ES100 was randomly disconnecting from my phone (for a few days), but everything seems to be fine now, seemingly also since I cleared up some space on my phone.

I'm not sure if these things are connected, but maybe they are? Just throwing it out there.

14. Jearly410
    I seem to have solved my issues with buffering/skipping... drum roll please.......

Doing the factory reset (holding 4 buttons, NOT the reset button in-app) has so-far fixed all the problems.

Now I'm curious about how it happened. Is there internal memory that "accidentally" stored data? I wonder if the device was trying to write over old data and had to delete old data and had an i/o bottleneck.

Any thoughts?

15. klaberte
    [deleted]

Last edited: May 1, 2019
First

Back
293 294 295 296 297 298 299 300 301 302
304 305 306 307 308 309 310 311 312 313
Next

Last