Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 30, 2019 at 10:44 AM Post #4,532 of 6,673
Thanks, that helps! Unfortunately I think I have to pass on it for now, if only they sold a version that’s a little bigger... it seemed to be the perfect solution. I’ll be using it with a cable that’s 1.2m (maybe later I’ll switch to a shorter version depending on how I end up using the es100) and one of a few different iems (Hifiboy OSV3, ZSN pro, ****)

Does anyone else have a nice way to package the es100, one set of iems and a cable (maybe some extra eartips)?

Have a look at this:
Update on Fiio short cable...looks and feels wonderful and the length is just perfect like others stated. I always clip ES100 onto my necklace and the Fiio cable length is just enough to route the cable behind the ear so everything will be out of the way. Not too long, not too short. Just right (so happy! :))

My portable setup now:
ES100
Morphie battery case
DotNet magnetic cable and adapter
Shure SE846 (trishd mod with Comply P series-trimmed off the top)
Fiio new tiny shiny cable
[bad camera]

Apr 30, 2019 at 12:07 PM Post #4,533 of 6,673
Apr 30, 2019 at 12:16 PM Post #4,534 of 6,673
Anyone having issues with buffering? Playing from the iPhone XR, and 6s+, I get drop outs and buffering lag. Just happened out of the blue one day and after resetting the app, reinstalling latest firmware, un-pairing it with all known devices, setting buffer length to 10, 3.5mm and 2.5mm, nothing has fixed it.

Apr 30, 2019 at 1:27 PM Post #4,535 of 6,673
Anyone having issues with buffering? Playing from the iPhone XR, and 6s+, I get drop outs and buffering lag. Just happened out of the blue one day and after resetting the app, reinstalling latest firmware, un-pairing it with all known devices, setting buffer length to 10, 3.5mm and 2.5mm, nothing has fixed it.

If it's simultaneously paired to 2 devices, yeah it happens sometimes. Could be improved upon with another firmware update maybe, but not a dealbreaker for me. Of course the app did warn that it happens in a noisy (rfi, not noise) environment and results may vary. Wierd thing is, when simultaneously paired with my phone(ldac) and desktop pc(aptx), audio from phone never stuttered but it does from the pc so i usually unpair my phone if i want to use it exclusively with my pc. Maybe it's a codec issue, maybe...

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 2:31 PM Post #4,536 of 6,673
Z reviews is up. Funny how he spent 28 mins wetting himself over just the app

I appreciated that... Can't stand when reviews, often with phone ROMs don't go through ALL of the camera, multitasking, video, audio, and settings options, or show the multitasking menu. Call it an "overview" or an "introduction" if it's not going over the unique features.

The 1 ohm or .5 ohm output impedance caught my eye... 16 ohm earphones can change frequency response when some phones have high output impedance, and the OnePlus 3T output impedance has never been published.

Last edited:
Apr 30, 2019 at 3:56 PM Post #4,537 of 6,673
If it's simultaneously paired to 2 devices, yeah it happens sometimes. Could be improved upon with another firmware update maybe, but not a dealbreaker for me. Of course the app did warn that it happens in a noisy (rfi, not noise) environment and results may vary. Wierd thing is, when simultaneously paired with my phone(ldac) and desktop pc(aptx), audio from phone never stuttered but it does from the pc so i usually unpair my phone if i want to use it exclusively with my pc. Maybe it's a codec issue, maybe...
I’ll take another look thru all paired devices and see if I missed something.

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:15 PM Post #4,538 of 6,673
I appreciated that... Can't stand when reviews, often with phone ROMs don't go through ALL of the camera, multitasking, video, audio, and settings options, or show the multitasking menu. Call it an "overview" or an "introduction" if it's not going over the unique features.

The 1 ohm or .5 ohm output impedance caught my eye... 16 ohm earphones can change frequency response when some phones have high output impedance, and the OnePlus 3T output impedance has never been published.

Ifi earbuddy/iematch to lower output impedance or dunu impedance adapter to increase iem impedance might help. Some etymotic users use them and they do affect the freq curve

Apr 30, 2019 at 4:16 PM Post #4,539 of 6,673

Ifi earbuddy/iematch to lower output impedance or dunu impedance adapter to increase iem impedance might help. Some etymotic users use them and they do affect the freq curve

Apr 30, 2019 at 5:38 PM Post #4,540 of 6,673
Finally got an OTG cable that works for my Pixel 3 to the ES - I can finally stop being that guy on flights who pretends that turning Bluetooth back on is allowed

I am not sure what was wrong with the cables I'd tried before, anyone know what specs these cables are supposed to be? This one just seemed to work...

Apr 30, 2019 at 6:55 PM Post #4,541 of 6,673
Finally got an OTG cable that works for my Pixel 3 to the ES - I can finally stop being that guy on flights who pretends that turning Bluetooth back on is allowed

I am not sure what was wrong with the cables I'd tried before, anyone know what specs these cables are supposed to be? This one just seemed to work...
You're in the US? If so, most airlines and the FAA allow short range Bluetooth on airplanes, and have for quite some time.
https://www.faa.gov/news/press_releases/news_story.cfm?newsId=15254

Apr 30, 2019 at 9:03 PM Post #4,542 of 6,673
Z reviews is up. Funny how he spent 28 mins wetting himself over just the app

understandable. the ES100 app is a pure tweaker's delight. just the fact they put in an app in the first place is nice, the tweakability make it an overall great product and puts competitors to shame.
and anyone who have the product since early indiegogo times would testify how great of a support Radsone puts out to their product and paying customers

Apr 30, 2019 at 11:42 PM Post #4,543 of 6,673
For a period of time, the samsung email app on my Galaxy S7 Edge was not retrieving emails. I finally figured out that it was because the device was full, and once I cleared off some photos etc, my emails started working.

Now that I think about it, around the same time my ES100 was randomly disconnecting from my phone (for a few days), but everything seems to be fine now, seemingly also since I cleared up some space on my phone.

I'm not sure if these things are connected, but maybe they are? Just throwing it out there.

May 1, 2019 at 3:07 AM Post #4,544 of 6,673
I seem to have solved my issues with buffering/skipping... drum roll please.......

Doing the factory reset (holding 4 buttons, NOT the reset button in-app) has so-far fixed all the problems.

Now I'm curious about how it happened. Is there internal memory that "accidentally" stored data? I wonder if the device was trying to write over old data and had to delete old data and had an i/o bottleneck.

Any thoughts?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back