Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 26, 2019 at 12:29 AM Post #4,471 of 6,675
Don't touch Lg, especially v30. Its Ldac is good but not that good as v30 in aux mode.
I can't say that you're wrong because I've never put my G7 or my sons v30 into aux mode to power my IEMs but I've found that the es100 is more resolving spacious and more powerful and dynamic than both of them over single ended 3.5mm and i think that LGs quad dacs sound amazing to begin with.
How do you put the quad dac into aux mode so I can listen to the difference because I know that the KPEs like some power.

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:49 AM Post #4,472 of 6,675
It's much better than my LG G7 imo. Subtle but a lot better. And LDAC has nothing to do with the amp in the thing, its the transport, which is CD quality or better I think. It's AK vs ESS Sabre.. who wins? To me AK by a landslide. Also a lot of higher end DAPs do use the AK DACs as well.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 1:03 AM Post #4,473 of 6,675
I can't say that you're wrong because I've never put my G7 or my sons v30 into aux mode to power my IEMs but I've found that the es100 is more resolving spacious and more powerful and dynamic than both of them over single ended 3.5mm and i think that LGs quad dacs sound amazing to begin with.
How do you put the quad dac into aux mode so I can listen to the difference because I know that the KPEs like some power.
Congrads, you've been listening all this time with your amp. off and quad dac without the amp means nothing. You need a male3.5mm to female 3.5mm adapter. Turn on your music on your phone , plug in adapter first then headphone jack plug in the adapter female end. Done, you are now in aux mode.

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:12 AM Post #4,474 of 6,675
DSC07065.JPG :D

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:29 AM Post #4,475 of 6,675
Congrads, you've been listening all this time with your amp. off and quad dac without the amp means nothing. You need a male3.5mm to female 3.5mm adapter. Turn on your music on your phone , plug in adapter first then headphone jack plug in the adapter female end. Done, you are now in aux mode.
Fact-checking: on the V30 the Quad DAC is on whenever something is plugged in the jack. Aux mode just outputs double the power vs. the normal “Hi-fi” setting and can indeed be triggered as you suggest. It seems to slightly mess with FR too, which many people like (me included). But it’s not needed for BA iems and other gear similarly easy to drive.

It's much better than my LG G7 imo. Subtle but a lot better. And LDAC has nothing to do with the amp in the thing, its the transport, which is CD quality or better I think. It's AK vs ESS Sabre.. who wins? To me AK by a landslide. Also a lot of higher end DAPs do use the AK DACs as well.
I agree that the ES100 is a worthy contender to the audio section in the LG phones, which is bloody amazing to begin with. I still hold the V30 in slightly higher esteem in general, as an even more precise, rich, detailed, revealing source; which makes it a lousy pairing with balanced armatures! The ES100 makes my extreme-detail monsters, the Nuforce HEM8, immensely more enjoyable than the V30, with which they sound way hot in the highs.

Apr 26, 2019 at 5:06 AM Post #4,476 of 6,675
Fact-checking: on the V30 the Quad DAC is on whenever something is plugged in the jack. Aux mode just outputs double the power vs. the normal “Hi-fi” setting and can indeed be triggered as you suggest. It seems to slightly mess with FR too, which many people like (me included). But it’s not needed for BA iems and other gear similarly easy to drive.

I agree that the ES100 is a worthy contender to the audio section in the LG phones, which is bloody amazing to begin with. I still hold the V30 in slightly higher esteem in general, as an even more precise, rich, detailed, revealing source; which makes it a lousy pairing with balanced armatures! The ES100 makes my extreme-detail monsters, the Nuforce HEM8, immensely more enjoyable than the V30, with which they sound way hot in the highs.

I second this since i noticed a few other LG users and I'm one as well. At the beginning i thought the LGs would pair well with everything as the specs look really good on paper, but my sony iems dont pair well with them. Both source and drivers are highly regarded, but both have the same sound signature; detailed and revealing. If paired, they sound too analytical for my tastes and takes away the joy of the music. I'm no audiophile, just a casual listener. And so begin my search to better understand sound signatures and this so-called synergy between daps & drivers many have highlighted before.

This may offend the objective camp, and i do take objective tests seriously as it presents a good reference and a logical explanation of why things are the way they are, but for me my gut feeling is the final determinant in my decision if something sounds good or not, hence subjective but it's fun to learn about new things along the way. 99 bit quads or hexadacs, 999db snr don't give me a boner. Listening to Freddie Mercury or Chris Cornell without any harshness or sibilance, does.

Last edited:
Apr 26, 2019 at 7:28 AM Post #4,477 of 6,675
My battery is degrading quite fast now days. In 3.5mm mode with 1x power i get 4-5h playback over aptx-hd. I have had it since the indie gogo campain and use it 2-4h daily so im not dissapointed in this, its normal battery degradation.

So im looking to replace my battery but im not certain what battery to pick, is there a fitting one with more mAh? Has anyone repleaced the battery? What battery did you get?

I found this in alibaba but im not sure about buying batteries from china; https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-lipo-battery-5-7-20_60707777567.html
This one seems to be for a quadra-copter and the text says 350mAh (same as es100 stock battery) but the image says 300mAh and im very unsure to hit the buttin with import fees to sweden etc...

Specs/marking from the original es100 battery:
SL572035 3,7v
350mAh 1.295Wh

Help please! :)

Apr 26, 2019 at 9:23 AM Post #4,480 of 6,675
Is there a noticeable difference between 2.5 and 3.5

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:24 AM Post #4,481 of 6,675
you need a 40cm wire :)

I clip it onto my shirt for phone call and gym and pretty much for everything. Very convinient :)
Is there anywhere such wire to buy, has anybody seen it? As the shorter cable could be the best way to use es100. But as i searched such balanced version it wasn't anywhere. So possibly will need to make it individually.

Apr 26, 2019 at 10:31 AM Post #4,482 of 6,675
I second this since i noticed a few other LG users and I'm one as well. At the beginning i thought the LGs would pair well with everything as the specs look really good on paper, but my sony iems dont pair well with them. Both source and drivers are highly regarded, but both have the same sound signature; detailed and revealing. If paired, they sound too analytical for my tastes and takes away the joy of the music. I'm no audiophile, just a casual listener. And so begin my search to better understand sound signatures and this so-called synergy between daps & drivers many have highlighted before.

This may offend the objective camp, and i do take objective tests seriously as it presents a good reference and a logical explanation of why things are the way they are, but for me my gut feeling is the final determinant in my decision if something sounds good or not, hence subjective but it's fun to learn about new things along the way. 99 bit quads or hexadacs, 999db snr don't give me a boner. Listening to Freddie Mercury or Chris Cornell without any harshness or sibilance, does.

This is exactly what I was hearing as well. There is a LARGE difference between treble on the LG vs the ES100. It's not minor.. I wish i could measure it. In any case, ES100 loves BA sets (and Sony).

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:13 AM Post #4,483 of 6,675
Apr 26, 2019 at 11:37 AM Post #4,484 of 6,675
https://www.aliexpress.com/item/Fii...ted-Silver-Standard-MMCX-3-5/32930997136.html

Here...I have the 3.5mm one because it was released first. Still waiting for the 2.5mm to get to US Amazon (the 3.5mm is on Amazon)
Thanks a lot, perhaps this is the only one available freely and still no cheaper noname alternatives. Wonder how is the quality with it (sometimes hear some negative comments about fiio cables). But perhaps this one i will get as it looks like the one i searched.

Apr 26, 2019 at 11:43 AM Post #4,485 of 6,675
This is exactly what I was hearing as well. There is a LARGE difference between treble on the LG vs the ES100. It's not minor.. I wish i could measure it. In any case, ES100 loves BA sets (and Sony).
Exactly, this really loves BA iems as with them i receive the best balanced sound. It smooths out the treble and with es100 i love my dm6 as with other daps it could be really too hot or harsh in treble. So deeply in love of this dap. And with ldac it's a must for anyone. Sadly looks like the maker isnt going to update it soon or i am wrong.

Users who are viewing this thread

Back