Radsone EarStudio ES100
Apr 26, 2019 at 12:13 PM Post #4,486 of 6,675
Thanks a lot, perhaps this is the only one available freely and still no cheaper noname alternatives. Wonder how is the quality with it (sometimes hear some negative comments about fiio cables). But perhaps this one i will get as it looks like the one i searched.

Hmm...I've never had problem with Fiio. The cable has good build quality. Just the wire itself might changes color after some usage (I use it for gym as well so maybe that's why). Personally I don't care about the color and the discoloration actually looks kinda...vintage for me. It was gorgeous looking out of the box for under $100 cable. Hope you'll enjoy it as well

Apr 26, 2019 at 12:25 PM Post #4,487 of 6,675
Hmm...I've never had problem with Fiio. The cable has good build quality. Just the wire itself might changes color after some usage (I use it for gym as well so maybe that's why). Personally I don't care about the color and the discoloration actually looks kinda...vintage for me. It was gorgeous looking out of the box for under $100 cable. Hope you'll enjoy it as well
Yeah coloration is the last thing we should be worried about.as it is silver plated and we all know that where is silver in open air and even with contact with skin then there is oxidation going on. I have one cheaper cable that changed its colour from silver white to bluish grey white. So i think it should be the same there. But i don't care at all and as if i use it for activities the same as you - portability and good fit is the main things i care an also don't forget sound quality :) so you perhaps agree that there is hard to find other such portable, good sounding, balanced wireless dap. Yeah happy i found it.

Apr 26, 2019 at 1:49 PM Post #4,488 of 6,675
The first balanced cable I ever bought (a couple of years ago) was from FiiO and it was really stiff which made it extremely prone to microphics and quite uncomfortable to use. Hopefully they've improved since then but it was the last FiiO cable for me.

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:32 PM Post #4,489 of 6,675
OK so I found one weird thing. Battery levels are all over the place. It hasn't died on me or anything but i am not that confident it its ability to show me the actual charge.

Any tips? Latest firmware came with the thing.

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:41 PM Post #4,490 of 6,675
OK so I found one weird thing. Battery levels are all over the place. It hasn't died on me or anything but i am not that confident it its ability to show me the actual charge.

Any tips? Latest firmware came with the thing.
You can see it in the app in first window too center

Apr 26, 2019 at 3:57 PM Post #4,493 of 6,675
Yeah I know. Last night I left it reading about %68. This morning I look and it says %86 and then i put it to charge and 10 mins later, %100. What
Yeah, that's something the company could work on. The battery % in the app seems to not be all that accurate. I wouldn't start worrying until it got down into the 20-30% range, that's when I throw mine on the charger. I choose to overlook it given all the other positives about the device, but it can be irritating.

Apr 26, 2019 at 4:35 PM Post #4,495 of 6,675
Apr 26, 2019 at 6:01 PM Post #4,496 of 6,675
My battery is degrading quite fast now days. In 3.5mm mode with 1x power i get 4-5h playback over aptx-hd. I have had it since the indie gogo campain and use it 2-4h daily so im not dissapointed in this, its normal battery degradation.

So im looking to replace my battery but im not certain what battery to pick, is there a fitting one with more mAh? Has anyone repleaced the battery? What battery did you get?

I found this in alibaba but im not sure about buying batteries from china; https://www.alibaba.com/product-detail/OEM-lipo-battery-5-7-20_60707777567.html
This one seems to be for a quadra-copter and the text says 350mAh (same as es100 stock battery) but the image says 300mAh and im very unsure to hit the buttin with import fees to sweden etc...

Specs/marking from the original es100 battery:
SL572035 3,7v
350mAh 1.295Wh

Help please! :)
I second this concern. I had to buy two units in order to be able to listen continuously full 8 hours day.

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:22 AM Post #4,497 of 6,675
ES100-i77.jpg

ES100 -> short balanced MMCX cable -> 7Hz i-77 (yes, the IEM's brand is indeed called '7Hz').

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:26 AM Post #4,498 of 6,675

ES100 -> short balanced MMCX cable -> 7Hz i-77 (yes, the IEM's brand is indeed called '7Hz').
Nevee heard of7hz how are they

Apr 27, 2019 at 3:42 AM Post #4,499 of 6,675
Nevee heard of7hz how are they

7Hz is a fairly new Chinese brand. This is their first model and it is surprisingly good for the basic price of $60. I reckon it can easily compete with IEM double to triple its price. In fact, I think it really gives my $300 Massdrop Plus a good run of it money. It comes with a mid~low range dynamic transducer with nano carbon diaphragm + piezoelectric tweeter configuration.

Last edited:
Apr 27, 2019 at 4:11 AM Post #4,500 of 6,675
7Hz is a fairly new Chinese brand. This is their first model and it is surprisingly good for the basic price of $60. I reckon it can easily compete with IEM double to triple its price. In fact, I think it really gives my $300 Massdrop Plus a good run of it money. It comes with a mid~low range dynamic transducer with nano carbon diaphragm + piezoelectric tweeter configuration.

do they sell on aliexpress yet, or taobao only? also what driver config does it have?

Users who are viewing this thread

Back