Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:48 PM Post #7,396 of 7,847
Did you see somewhere that more info will be released on Feb 1 (not just "February")? I'd love for it to be that soon, but I worry it be later next month.
Yeah, Aleksandar said 1st of February in this thread.

Last edited:
Jan 20, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #7,397 of 7,847
Jan 20, 2024 at 8:22 PM Post #7,400 of 7,847
Jan 20, 2024 at 9:55 PM Post #7,401 of 7,847
I think it was an interesting choice to paint it gold. That typically means higher prices, even though it's just a color. I'm hoping around $5k. I need to buy this Valkyria too, so s is adding up.
Sorry, they're circum-aural. But with great ventilation of ears, though!

The photo I shared shows the ear-side of the headphone driver, before the earpad is applied to the rim of that Gold-plated grille.
"Gold-*plated* grille" it seems... 💸😖

Last edited:
Jan 22, 2024 at 6:26 PM Post #7,407 of 7,847
Something is wrong with the left side of my SR1b. I guess I need to sent it back to my dealer, but could I just fix the issue by buying a new ribbon?

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:38 PM Post #7,408 of 7,847
Can you elaborate on what is wrong? Did you try switching the cable ends on the phones to see if the problem follows the swirch, or if the faulty channel is always on the same side? I would recommend speaking with Danny at RAAL Requisite to get his recommendation.

Jan 22, 2024 at 6:53 PM Post #7,409 of 7,847
Something is wrong with the left side of my SR1b. I guess I need to sent it back to my dealer, but could I just fix the issue by buying a new ribbon?
you are having some bad luck...I had an issue with my sr1a a while back..it kept cutting in and out on the left side...I sent it back and they repaired it and it has been fine since

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:13 PM Post #7,410 of 7,847

Yeah, as @rlawry recommended, contact Danny and ask for troubleshooting help. The right channel in mine developed some occasional distortion and the channel kept cutting out like I had a loose connection from the cable into the housing. That wasn't it at all - I just had to switch the ribbons from one side to the next. Don't do this without checking with Danny first, though. His colleague sent me a video showing me how to do it. And you have to be very careful removing the ribbons from their housings and handling them. As @Aleksandar R. has noted above, the vast majority of problems with the ribbons come from people mishandling them.

All this is to say don't freak out, there could well be an easy fix.

I should add that I love the ingenious design that makes it possible for the user to replace the ribbons, if necessary. It reminds me of the modular, replacement parts on the 600- and 800-series Sennheiser headphones.

Last edited:

Users who are viewing this thread

Back