1. This site uses cookies to help personalise content, tailor your experience and to keep you logged in if you register.
    By continuing to use this site, you are consenting to our use of cookies.

Dismiss Notice

Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A

Discussion in 'High-end Audio Forum' started by once, Oct 7, 2018.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last
  1. once
    **EDIT After a product name change these are now called the RAAL/Requisite SR-1A***

Anyone hear these at RMAF 2018?

[​IMG]

Very interested to hear impressions. Looks like a K1000 reborn on steroids. Similarly I also heard it is very power hungry, with a recommended 50W power source.

Also seems like they are targeting a $3500 price point.

Last edited: Feb 11, 2019
    HoloSpice likes this.
  2. wuwhere Contributor
    Are these pleated ribbons? I used to have ribbon speakers, they are inefficient and have very low impedance.

BreadMaster and HoloSpice like this.
  3. ZGLISZCZ
    is that same RAAL company from Serbia that produce ribbon tweeters?

4. petarst
    yes, raal Serbia.

5. rgs9200m
    Interesting. Vapor audio (a small speaker company that has won lots of acclaim) uses the Raal ribbons.

6. 2002tiiguy
  7. BunnyNamedCraig
    I really dug them.

They played me this orchestral piece involving someone on chello and it almost made me emotional lol. (No lie)

So I hope you all get to hear it some time.

Also want you to know that I heard a variety of other music as well and it all sounded really good. I was at their booth off and on Proably 3 different times.

Something noteworthy is the speed. Really incredible. Oh- also the bass was surprisingly present

BreadMaster and ZGLISZCZ like this.
  8. ZGLISZCZ
    yea RAAL are known for speed and imaging, good to know that low extension is good,

9. ZGLISZCZ
  10. Hifi59
    Also Salk speakers use them a lot. Best speakers I’ve heard to date.

11. rgs9200m
    Right. How could I forget Salk? I guess I haven't been on audiocircle for a while...

BreadMaster and Hifi59 like this.
  12. smodtactical
    Any more thoughts ?

BreadMaster likes this.
  13. coinmaster
    Crap, they beat me to it. Guess I'll have to release the worlds "second" ribbon headphone :frowning2:

14. smodtactical
    Danny tells me the requisite will start selling 1st week of december.

15. Zhanming057
    [​IMG]

A couple hours with the Raal SRH1A's and I am very impressed. Bass is not an issue at all and quality is very much on par with the 1266 phi's, if still a bit lean compared to "regular" headphone bass. Danny wasn't kidding about the 50wpc requirement - I am running these off a 100w Nagra Classic Integrated and I can see that they're drawing something like 40wpc on peaks, and potentially a lot more if you like higher listening volumes.

They are bright and very fast. Response speed is far and above any pair of headphones I've heard - the 1266 phi's can't hold a candle to them in this regard. Possibly a little fatiguing, but the mid-range weight of the Nagra helps.

I definitely need more time with these, but I think Requisite audio has a resounding winner here. The problem is amp pairings, and I don't know yet if they'll sound good on cheaper speaker amp systems.

raypin, the finisher, Bill13 and 2 others like this.
2 3 4 5 6 7 8 9 10 11
Next

Last