Raal Ribbon Headphones - SRH1A
Jan 22, 2024 at 7:19 PM Post #7,411 of 7,885
I just had a great convo with Danny. I'm gonna try out a few things, and he said if there's still a problem, he'll fix it asap.

Also, I know the price of the new 3 ribbon pair of headphones. Let's just say, we aren't gonna be happy with it. It's priced above the Susvara and a bit below the Valkyria, but it's gonna be expensive.

Jan 22, 2024 at 7:23 PM Post #7,412 of 7,885
yes, gonna be a "luxury" purchase

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:00 PM Post #7,413 of 7,885
I just had a great convo with Danny. I'm gonna try out a few things, and he said if there's still a problem, he'll fix it asap.

Also, I know the price of the new 3 ribbon pair of headphones. Let's just say, we aren't gonna be happy with it. It's priced above the Susvara and a bit below the Valkyria, but it's gonna be expensive.
Hah, I blame this price on the drunken ramblings thread :)

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:02 PM Post #7,414 of 7,885
Hah, I blame this price on the drunken ramblings thread :)
:beyersmile:

They are asking for a super premium. I gotta sell some s to pay for it. It better be good. :deadhorse:

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:06 PM Post #7,415 of 7,885

That's pretty much what I expected since the target market is TOTL. But at that cost unless it's so good that it convinces me to sell half of my collection, I'm probably going to wind up passing. In either case, I'm super excited to hear them at CanJam.

Jan 22, 2024 at 8:27 PM Post #7,416 of 7,885
I saw some pics of the new headphones. They look very good, though I wish they used a darker wood, but still they look very nice.

Also, I gotta ask, is there some beef between Raal and Requisite?

Jan 22, 2024 at 9:03 PM Post #7,417 of 7,885

Guess that means I'm going to have to wait for a set to show up in the classified section... 😩

But I'm also kind of glad they are going for the luxury market. Raal Requisite has paid their dues and earned their stripes. I think many headphone enthusiasts overlook Raal because of their affordable price. Meanwhile, we continue enjoy (almost in secret) the incredible sound of two of the best headphones ever made.

Guess I'm going to have to get to CanJam early... I expect there will be a long line to hear the new headphones at Danny's booth.

Jan 22, 2024 at 9:58 PM Post #7,418 of 7,885
I saw some pics of the new headphones. They look very good, though I wish they used a darker wood, but still they look very nice.

Also, I gotta ask, is there some beef between Raal and Requisite?
There's always going to be lots of beef between RAAL and Requisite at Del Frisco's!
And Truffle Baked Potatoes, or whatever they call them!

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jan 22, 2024 at 10:04 PM Post #7,419 of 7,885
Guess that means I'm going to have to wait for a set to show up in the classified section... 😩

But I'm also kind of glad they are going for the luxury market. Raal Requisite has paid their dues and earned their stripes. I think many headphone enthusiasts overlook Raal because of their affordable price. Meanwhile, we continue enjoy (almost in secret) the incredible sound of two of the best headphones ever made.

Guess I'm going to have to get to CanJam early... I expect there will be a long line to hear the new headphones at Danny's booth.
You have just managed to genuinely choke me up.
Thank you.

RAAL 1995 Stay updated on RAAL 1995 at their sponsor profile on Head-Fi.

https://www.facebook.com/raalribbon https://raalribbon.com/
Jan 22, 2024 at 10:16 PM Post #7,420 of 7,885
There's always going to be lots of beef between RAAL and Requisite at Del Frisco's!
And Truffle Baked Potatoes, or whatever they call them!
:beyersmile:

You didn’t say no though…:thinking:

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:25 PM Post #7,421 of 7,885

Agree that RAAL ribbon HPs are so affordable. Over in Singapore, a lot of folks were surprised when they first came to demo the SR-1b and CA-1a when @Uncle Wilson of Jaben SG first set up the demo rigs. By how good they are and then by affordable they are. :)

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:28 PM Post #7,422 of 7,885
So, I'm gonna go on a drunk ramble, as I vape this Juul (I'm trying to quit). For the price of the new 3 ribbon headphones, I expect them to be substantially better than the SR, with the bass of the CA (if not better). At the price they are asking, I expect them to be breathtaking. I'm figuring out how I can pay for them right now. I might sell off this Smyth Audio A16 Realiser (as you can get the same sound with properly mixed and mastered albums [sorry, but it's what I think]). It's either this 3 ribbon pair of headphones or the Valkyria. I'm leaning toward the 3 ribbon, as I really like ribbon sounds, but it better be amazing...

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:39 PM Post #7,423 of 7,885
@Aleksandar R. Not sure if the new headphones would benefit from EQ, but after seeing how much Mitch’s filters changed my CA-1a in a good way, maybe you can also send him a pair of the new ones so the filters would be ready to buy when the new headphones become available.

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:41 PM Post #7,424 of 7,885
@Aleksandar R. Not sure if the new headphones would benefit from EQ, but after seeing how much Mitch’s filters changed my CA-1a in a good way, maybe you can also send him a pair of the new ones so the filters would be ready to buy when the new headphones become available.
I used to think the same thing, but with the VM-1a you don't need the filters at all. In fact, the filters actually take something away from the sound. He was saying the new headphones use a TI-C, which was interesting. I would really like to use my VM, and not the TI, but we shall see...

Mitch makes some awesome filters though. I have them for almost all of my headphones. I don't always use them, but they are a nice difference with certain headphones. :metal:

Jan 22, 2024 at 10:44 PM Post #7,425 of 7,885
I used to think the same thing, but with the VM-1a you don't need the filters at all. In fact, the filters actually take something away from the sound. He was saying the new headphones use a TI-C, which was interesting. I would really like to use my VM, and not the TI, but we shall see...

Mitch makes some awesome filters though. I have them for almost all of my headphones. I don't always use them, but they are a nice difference with certain headphones. :metal:
Interesting to hear that the VM-1a don’t need the filters. Now I’m even more curious about the new VM (VM-1b?) :)

Users who are viewing this thread

Back